YOGWF Message Board

Discuss anything else athletic or non-athletic related that doesn't belong on the main Tulane athletics forum.
IM42lane
Swell

I have tried pulling up Ye Olde Green Wave Forum (YOGWF) several times lately with no success. Have they faded off into the sunset?

Regards,
"Pete" Madere
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Yeah I also noticed that. It really is silly to have Two boards and divide the groups.
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

Maybe it caught the 'Rona.
Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
Wave755
Tsunami

I can’t pull up YOGWF either? YOGWF is either “down or dead”?
ajcalhoun
Swell

God Bless Everyone!
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

It actually does come up, albeit VERY VERY slow. I don't know, I've always thought it's silly we have 2 separate forums with such a small fan base, but we all know why this forum was created.

I would take over that other forum if asked, and do what I could to merge the posts/users/content into GOTULA and have one main place to discuss Tulane athletics. All uncensored of course :-)
Roll Wave!
HoustonWave
Tsunami

NOLABigSteve wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 12:36 am It actually does come up, albeit VERY VERY slow. I don't know, I've always thought it's silly we have 2 separate forums with such a small fan base, but we all know why this forum was created.

I would take over that other forum if asked, and do what I could to merge the posts/users/content into GOTULA and have one main place to discuss Tulane athletics. All uncensored of course :-)
I’m not sure many of the Yoggies could “handle the truth” of an uncensored board.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

HoustonWave wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 7:59 am
NOLABigSteve wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 12:36 am It actually does come up, albeit VERY VERY slow. I don't know, I've always thought it's silly we have 2 separate forums with such a small fan base, but we all know why this forum was created.

I’m not sure many of the Yoggies could “handle the truth” of an uncensored board.
Col Jessup, agrees with U !!!!
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Wave755
Tsunami

I still cant get it to open at all? I know we have Gotula members who are YOGGIE members as well. YOGGIE members, any idea of what is going on?
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

It doesn't open for me, either.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
DaveBrownStreak
High Tide

Wave755 wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 3:38 pm I still cant get it to open at all? I know we have Gotula members who are YOGGIE members as well. YOGGIE members, any idea of what is going on?
Whats wrong with you? You know those Yoggies will not admit to being GOTULA members!! :D :D
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Although I've been banned there for years, they are die hard Tulane fans. I'd welcome almost all of them here, especially if they didn't have the ability to beat down and/or delete posts they disagree with.

Wayne's board, IMHO, on the old local newspaper site, was a great precursor to the YOGWF. Wayne was accepting of most differing opinions. He was a good man and a great Tulane fan.
swampnik
Surge

Slow but got main page to open today. After that, could not get one rubrique to open. The main page did show that 38 people were on-line browsing the site and last entry read 5/20. Strange indeed.
nic, nic, nic, swamp!
-Jack N. (Easy Rider)
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

I've gotten it to load a couple of times, after waiting several minutes. It's either a server or database issue, but something is for sure eff'ed up with their forum.
Roll Wave!
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

NOLABigSteve wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 5:19 pm I've gotten it to load a couple of times, after waiting several minutes. It's either a server or database issue, but something is for sure eff'ed up with their forum.
I think it is their attitude....
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Rat
Ripple

Wayne was Tulane sports, I miss him and thank him for connecting our passion for Tulane sports.
Wave755
Tsunami

DaveBrownStreak wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 5:00 pm
Wave755 wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 3:38 pm I still cant get it to open at all? I know we have Gotula members who are YOGGIE members as well. YOGGIE members, any idea of what is going on?
Whats wrong with you? You know those Yoggies will not admit to being GOTULA members!! :D :D
:D :lol: :clap:
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

To really stick it to them we could discuss football, QB transfers, recruiting or even next years schedule . . . Nah
winwave
Top of the WAVE

DfromCT wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 5:06 pm Although I've been banned there for years, they are die hard Tulane fans. I'd welcome almost all of them here, especially if they didn't have the ability to beat down and/or delete posts they disagree with.

Wayne's board, IMHO, on the old local newspaper site, was a great precursor to the YOGWF. Wayne was accepting of most differing opinions. He was a good man and a great Tulane fan.
That's not true. .You either agreed with him or he would delete an entire thread.

He was such an embarrassment as a fan that RJ banned him from Tulane Baseball games.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 10:50 pm
DfromCT wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 5:06 pm Wayne's board, IMHO, on the old local newspaper site, was a great precursor to the YOGWF. Wayne was accepting of most differing opinions. He was a good man and a great Tulane fan.
That's not true. .You either agreed with him or he would delete an entire thread.

He was such an embarrassment as a fan that RJ banned him from Tulane Baseball games.
I had a better experience than that with Wayne. He never deleted a thread on the Tulane board at NOLA.com that I had started, and was the one that introduced me to the YOGWF. YOGWF was the end of the NOLA.com Tulane board.
tufinal4
High Tide

Wayne was devoted to Tulane to the core, and was very effective with written communication. He had difficulty restraining his emotion shall we say at games. His appearance was a mess, it prevented him from making a better impression. When we were working to defeat Cowen during the review, he dug into the Tulane governing documents and found a couple of critical things that we used to our advantage at the end of that effort. That is no exxageration.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

DfromCT wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 7:18 am
DfromCT wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 5:06 pm Wayne's board, IMHO, on the old local newspaper site, was a great precursor to the YOGWF. Wayne was accepting of most differing opinions. He was a good man and a great Tulane fan.

I had a better experience than that with Wayne. He never deleted a thread on the Tulane board at NOLA.com that I had started, and was the one that introduced me to the YOGWF. YOGWF was the end of the NOLA.com Tulane board.
There was another board that he had that I'm referring to. He then sold it to his buddy jts. Then he took over our Scout.com site and tried the same thing with deletions. I told him it was a pay site and he couldn't do that and if he did it I would sue him and have the site shut down. He backed down after that.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

tufinal4 wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 8:11 am Wayne was devoted to Tulane to the core, and was very effective with written communication. He had difficulty restraining his emotion shall we say at games. His appearance was a mess, it prevented him from making a better impression. When we were working to defeat Cowen during the review, he dug into the Tulane governing documents and found a couple of critical things that we used to our advantage at the end of that effort. That is no exxageration.

Interesting. Can you elaborate about what you found that was advantageous to the pro football cause ? And thank you for doing that to save football for the later generations (like me).
JTLiuzza
Swell

winwave wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 9:20 am

There was another board that he had that I'm referring to. He then sold it to his buddy jts. Then he took over our Scout.com site and tried the same thing with deletions. I told him it was a pay site and he couldn't do that and if he did it I would sue him and have the site shut down. He backed down after that.
Winwave I don't think that' accurate although my memory could be faulty. Wayne's board was not the nola board, as you correctly say. It was a primitive board, even by the standards of the time. Some may recall; green background with white text and that's it. You could start threads, and any responses would appear in indented/nested fashion beneath the OP, consuming the same amount of vertical space on the screen.

It was the only game in town pretty much back then and so saw a good amount of traffic. Wayne didn't sell the board to JtS. He abandoned it in favor of his much more modern, easier to monetize, and easier to moderate scout site.

So his original board remained, unmoderated, but still with traffic. It turned into a cesspool. lsu guys were spamming it daily. You could start about fifteen or so "Tulane s**ks" threads and it would scroll everything else off the board so whenever you visited the site, that's all you would see.

JtS contacted the folks who hosted the site and asked them to shut it down because it really had become a disgrace to Tulane once Wayne abandoned it. They refused on the grounds that it was generating too much traffic for them to shut down.

So JtS took over the board from them via whatever financial arrangement. Thus began his infamous career as board master.

It wasn't long after that he realized he couldn't police the board adequately by himself so he began soliciting mods from the regular posters. I was one of them.

A few of the other mods he brought on board decided to impose their own view of things, absent any real content guidelines to the board. They deleted content simply because they didn't like it, with no rhyme or reason. And injected commentary that had no place on an athletics board, mostly politics, which made visiting unpleasant. Some folks can't help themselves.

I wrote JtS to discuss the situation with him and to point out that what we needed was a specific set of guidelines regarding content, and what did and didn't define legitimate deletion of posts. He responded by putting the ball in my court. He agreed with my point and basically said, "OK. Write them up." And I did.

That was the beginning of the rules; put in place originally not to stifle good discussion, but solely as an attempt to control a$$hole moderators. That's it. It obviously didn't work. It should have but it didn't, and that's on JtS. But I've told that tale here before I think.

Anyway, that's my recollection. I think JtS took over Wayne's board at some point during the Bowden years or very shortly thereafter.

By the time the "review" reared it's ugly head, Wayne's original board was a gone pecan as JtS had moved to a more modern site. The nola site was up and running as the only other free site. The review leaker (Bisso I think) attempted to use JtS's site to get the info out before Cowen could consummate his slimy deed. JtS and his heavy handed, out of control, mindless mods repeatedly deleted the leak, obviously without even lifting a finger to attempt to verify the report, thereby unwittingly running cover for Cowen and aiding and abetting his attempt to crush D1 football at Tulane. Nobody should ever let them forget that.

The leaker then put it on the nola site, where it wasn't deleted but generated discussion. It was picked up from there by Buddy D in the local sports media and the cat was out of the bag for for that slime Cowen and his board.
The second commandment has not been abrogated.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

JTLiuzza wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 2:21 pm
winwave wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 9:20 am

Winwave I don't think that' accurate although my memory could be faulty. Wayne's board was not the nola board, as you correctly say. It was a primitive board, even by the standards of the time. Some may recall; green background with white text and that's it. You could start threads, and any responses would appear in indented/nested fashion beneath the OP, consuming the same amount of vertical space on the screen.

It was the only game in town pretty much back then and so saw a good amount of traffic. Wayne didn't sell the board to JtS. He abandoned it in favor of his much more modern, easier to monetize, and easier to moderate scout site.

So his original board remained, unmoderated, but still with traffic. It turned into a cesspool. lsu guys were spamming it daily. You could start about fifteen or so "Tulane s**ks" threads and it would scroll everything else off the board so whenever you visited the site, that's all you would see.

JtS contacted the folks who hosted the site and asked them to shut it down because it really had become a disgrace to Tulane once Wayne abandoned it. They refused on the grounds that it was generating too much traffic for them to shut down.

So JtS took over the board from them via whatever financial arrangement. Thus began his infamous career as board master.

It wasn't long after that he realized he couldn't police the board adequately by himself so he began soliciting mods from the regular posters. I was one of them.

A few of the other mods he brought on board decided to impose their own view of things, absent any real content guidelines to the board. They deleted content simply because they didn't like it, with no rhyme or reason. And injected commentary that had no place on an athletics board, mostly politics, which made visiting unpleasant. Some folks can't help themselves.

I wrote JtS to discuss the situation with him and to point out that what we needed was a specific set of guidelines regarding content, and what did and didn't define legitimate deletion of posts. He responded by putting the ball in my court. He agreed with my point and basically said, "OK. Write them up." And I did.

That was the beginning of the rules; put in place originally not to stifle good discussion, but solely as an attempt to control a$$hole moderators. That's it. It obviously didn't work. It should have but it didn't, and that's on JtS. But I've told that tale here before I think.

Anyway, that's my recollection. I think JtS took over Wayne's board at some point during the Bowden years or very shortly thereafter.

By the time the "review" reared it's ugly head, Wayne's original board was a gone pecan as JtS had moved to a more modern site. The nola site was up and running as the only other free site. The review leaker (Bisso I think) attempted to use JtS's site to get the info out before Cowen could consummate his slimy deed. JtS and his heavy handed, out of control, mindless mods repeatedly deleted the leak, obviously without even lifting a finger to attempt to verify the report, thereby unwittingly running cover for Cowen and aiding and abetting his attempt to crush D1 football at Tulane. Nobody should ever let them forget that.

The leaker then put it on the nola site, where it wasn't deleted but generated discussion. It was picked up from there by Buddy D in the local sports media and the cat was out of the bag for for that slime Cowen and his board.
Great stuff! Thx.
As far as Wayne being banned from baseball. The story told to me by RJ was that Wayne would frequently attend practice. On this one particular day he decided to sit in dugout. Once practice was over Rick and Schloss wanted to have a team only meeting. Neither one knew Wayne so RJ asked if he was a member of the Athletic dept and Wayne said no that he was just an observer/fan. Rick then told Wayne he had to leave the dugout and in the future watch practice from the stands. Wayne got upset and took it upon himself to just leave. I guess over the years the story may have evolved but Rick confirmed to me that he has never had anyone banned.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981