Coronavirus (COVID-19) Discussion

Discuss anything else athletic or non-athletic related that doesn't belong on the main Tulane athletics forum.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

tpstulane wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 9:45 pm
mbawavefan12 wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 8:39 pm
tpstulane wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 3:13 pm Over 50% of the deaths are from 2 states NY and NJ. The rest of the country has been manageable.
This is just lazy. It doesn’t matter the overall numbers but it matters what % came from where.? The hell?
You should stick to the other 50% exposure script.
In the end it is all talk. States are opening despite info showing little flattening. People have had enough. This should be interesting.
Point is those are two mismanaged states.
Packing people in nursing homes was brilliant.
What?

tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

mbawavefan12 wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 9:53 pm
tpstulane wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 9:45 pm
mbawavefan12 wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 8:39 pm
tpstulane wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 3:13 pm Over 50% of the deaths are from 2 states NY and NJ. The rest of the country has been manageable.
This is just lazy. It doesn’t matter the overall numbers but it matters what % came from where.? The hell?
You should stick to the other 50% exposure script.
In the end it is all talk. States are opening despite info showing little flattening. People have had enough. This should be interesting.
Point is those are two mismanaged states.
Packing people in nursing homes was brilliant.
What?
New York Nursing Homes May Have Nearly 5,000 Coronavirus-Related Deaths

https://www.wsj.com/articles/new-york-n ... 1588695044

Forced to take them
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/co ... s-n1191811
The coronavirus patients began arriving the last week of March, transferred to the Gurwin Jewish Nursing and Rehabilitation Center under a New York state mandate requiring nursing homes to accept those recovering from COVID-19, even if they still might be contagious.

At the time, the Long Island nursing home had only one known resident who had contracted the virus, according to the facility’s president and CEO, Stuart Almer.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Tulane exempt from the latest government giveaway of forgiveness of debt.
https://tulanehullabaloo.com/53372/news ... osed-bill/
Freeman represents District 98, where Tulane and Loyola are located. She is also an adjunct professor at the A.B. Freeman School of Business at Tulane. She said that top administrative officials from both schools reached out to her about the bill with concerns, citing long term financial health. She also said that they provided her with information about their efforts to work with students regarding debt collection and that they were “very much open to helping the students.”
Tulane Class of 1981
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Many will continue to question strict stay-at-home orders and business closings imposed by several governors and mayors because of the following:
The shutdown had now caused around 14.7% unemployment with 33.5 million Americans on unemployment, and the loss of 26 million jobs (many permanently) in just 5 weeks.

Massive bankruptcy’s will likely follow in the coming months.

Fact 1 - Just five states (New York, New Jersey, Illinois, California, and Massachusetts) account for 54% of Covid-19 cases and 61% of Covid-19 deaths in the United States.

Fact 2 - There are about 3,100 countries and parishes in the U.S.
52% of those counties have experienced 0 (ZERO) Covid-19 deaths. 89% of them have had fewer than 15 deaths.
This is why many people are protesting their loss of freedom.
We now have another government intrusion into our privacy and freedom. It’s called “Contact Tracing”. This is a way for governments to legally follow all your comings and goings. People will slowly give up more and more of their freedoms. I promise you the governments will hire 1000’s on a permanent basis to do this in the future under the guise of another potential virus or outbreak.
Tulane Class of 1981
nawlinspete
Riptide

You are sooo wrong . We are a mobile society . Just because Louisiana is far from California and Massachusetts does not mean we cannot be infected by someone from there .

The people walking around grocery stores without wearing masks need to be told to leave , or arrested , or both .

Social Distancing is here for the long haul ; give it up , football is not important this fall .
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
MicMan
Swell

"Our freedoms" LOL
nawlinspete
Riptide

MicMan wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 4:50 pm "Our freedoms" LOL
Our freedom does not make us able to ignore the law and endanger the lives of others by refusing to mask and social distance . Our freedom ends when it infringes on the rights of others .
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

is it .."Freedom" or "Freedumbs" ?
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
ajcalhoun
Swell

God Bless Everyone!
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

nawlinspete wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 8:22 am You are sooo wrong . We are a mobile society . Just because Louisiana is far from California and Massachusetts does not mean we cannot be infected by someone from there .

The people walking around grocery stores without wearing masks need to be told to leave , or arrested , or both .

Social Distancing is here for the long haul ; give it up , football is not important this fall .
Stay home then. Oh wait. I forgot that doesn’t stop it either since the latest NY numbers came out saying 66% of their most recent cases came from people staying home. 🤦‍♂️

Tulane Class of 1981
GreenLantern
Riptide

There have been wacky claims and counter-claims on this thread. For the uninitiated viewer, I have aggregated a list of salient facts for quick referral. Read and learn:
  1. All doctors are being forced to document COVID as the cause of death for their patients, no matter the actual cause.
  2. Many states are deliberately over-reporting the number of infections so as to receive more federal aid money.
  3. Staying at home is actually ineffective so people shouldn't hesitate to resume their daily lives.
  4. The virus was engineered in a Wuhan laboratory environment. This lab was provided funding by an American researcher, Charles Lieber who has CIA connections.
  5. Dr. Fauci is deeply involved in the conspiracy and will see a huge monetary gain from patent revenue.
  6. Democrats are staging many of the hoaxes in order to lessen Trump's re-electability.
  7. Dr. Judy Mikovits exposed the truth about the virus in a widely circulated video, Plandemic. It may be viewed here: Plandemic, A Video It has recently been banned from YouTube by the CIA.
  8. Dr. Mikovits also dropped the bombshell that Fauci withheld her research concerning the isolation of the AIDs virus. This resulted in over 2 million additional global deaths and huge monetary rewards for Fauci.
  9. Vitamin D combined with Lysol enemas are very effective at preventing the virus.
  10. The United States didn't really land on the moon. The entire incident was staged in Arizona.
  11. Oswald was innocent.
  12. Banks was in.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

GreenLantern wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 10:01 am There have been wacky claims and counter-claims on this thread. For the uninitiated viewer, I have aggregated a list of salient facts for quick referral. Read and learn:
  1. All doctors are being forced to document COVID as the cause of death for their patients, no matter the actual cause.
  2. Many states are deliberately over-reporting the number of infections so as to receive more federal aid money.
  3. Staying at home is actually ineffective so people shouldn't hesitate to resume their daily lives.
  4. The virus was engineered in a Wuhan laboratory environment. This lab was provided funding by an American researcher, Charles Lieber who has CIA connections.
  5. Dr. Fauci is deeply involved in the conspiracy and will see a huge monetary gain from patent revenue.
  6. Democrats are staging many of the hoaxes in order to lessen Trump's re-electability.
  7. Dr. Judy Mikovits exposed the truth about the virus in a widely circulated video, Plandemic. It may be viewed here: Plandemic, A Video It has recently been banned from YouTube by the CIA.
  8. Dr. Mikovits also dropped the bombshell that Fauci withheld her research concerning the isolation of the AIDs virus. This resulted in over 2 million additional global deaths and huge monetary rewards for Fauci.
  9. Vitamin D combined with Lysol enemas are very effective at preventing the virus.
  10. The United States didn't really land on the moon. The entire incident was staged in Arizona.
  11. Oswald was innocent.
  12. Banks was in.
You mean some thought Banks wasn't in? Didn't the Zapruder film prove he got in?

You can add to the list:
[*] America has 330 million epidemiologists.
[*] The virus is really nature's way of naturally selecting those that should have their lives end, and most would have died soon anyway.

Thanks for the levity, GL

Happy Mother's Day to all.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Rat
Ripple

Ok GL the list was interesting until 10 and 11. I let my wife read the list and she got to 10 and said,”who the hell is this guy”.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Rat wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 11:47 am Ok GL the list was interesting until 10 and 11. I let my wife read the list and she got to 10 and said,”who the hell is this guy”.
I don't agree with all of them...but I do agree Oswald is innocent, never proven guilty, and Banks was in....
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
GreenLantern
Riptide

Rat wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 11:47 am Ok GL the list was interesting until 10 and 11. I let my wife read the list and she got to 10 and said,”who the hell is this guy”.
This is not only intended as a humble and satirical literary device to explore the psychology of conspiracy theories, but it can be a real time-saver.

For example, instead of tps having to compose several lengthy paragraphs explaining the futility of staying at home during the pandemic, he can simply state: NUMBER 3. Instead of patiently explaining how doctors in the New Orleans area are being forced to list COVID on death certificates and that this practice is done to flow federal revenue to local government, one could simply state NUMBER 1 and NUMBER 2. Avoiding the trouble of documenting his lengthy home remedies, HoustonWave can save time by saying: NUMBER 9.

Got it?
HoustonWave
Tsunami

GreenLantern wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 12:16 pm
This is not only intended as a humble and satirical literary device to explore the psychology of conspiracy theories, but it can be a real time-saver.

For example, instead of tps having to compose several lengthy paragraphs explaining the futility of staying at home during the pandemic, he can simply state: NUMBER 3. Instead of patiently explaining how doctors in the New Orleans area are being forced to list COVID on death certificates and that this practice is done to flow federal revenue to local government, one could simply state NUMBER 1 and NUMBER 2. Avoiding the trouble of documenting his lengthy home remedies, HoustonWave can save time by saying: NUMBER 9.

Got it?
I like the idea of saving time, but I can't use 9, cuz its another one of your misinterpretations--apparently a frequent event.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
Mandeville Wave
High Tide

tpstulane wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 8:12 am Many will continue to question strict stay-at-home orders and business closings imposed by several governors and mayors because of the following:
The shutdown had now caused around 14.7% unemployment with 33.5 million Americans on unemployment, and the loss of 26 million jobs (many permanently) in just 5 weeks.

Fact 1 - Just five states (New York, New Jersey, Illinois, California, and Massachusetts) account for 54% of Covid-19 cases and 61% of Covid-19 deaths in the United States.

52% of those counties have experienced 0 (ZERO) Covid-19 deaths. 89% of them have had fewer than 15 deaths.
We now have another government intrusion into our privacy and freedom. It’s called “Contact Tracing”. This is a way for governments to legally follow all your comings and goings. People will slowly give up more and more of their freedoms. I promise you the governments will hire 1000’s on a permanent basis to do this in the future under the guise of another potential virus or outbreak.
Spot on 100% accurate
Mandeville Wave
High Tide

GreenLantern wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 10:01 am There have been wacky claims and counter-claims on this thread. For the uninitiated viewer, I have aggregated a list of salient facts for quick referral. Read and learn:
  11. Oswald was innocent.
  12. Banks was in.
Truth
HoustonWave
Tsunami

tpstulane wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 8:12 am Many will continue to question strict stay-at-home orders and business closings imposed by several governors and mayors because of the following:

I saw a doctor interviewed on MSNBC yesterday, and when asked about the need for testing and contact tracing he completely downplayed it, essentially saying what’s the point because the virus won’t be gone until 60% to 70% of the country has been infected. Hopefully, throughout the summer we can keep a consistent level of infection such that we go into the second wave with at least 40% already infected. If we go into the second wave with say 20% infected—watch out. The re-opening is happening much faster than I expected. Here in Colorado traffic is nearing normal levels, and some restaurants have defied the governor and opened, and they are jam packed. People are fed up—the moose is loose.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

HoustonWave wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 8:09 am I saw a doctor interviewed on MSNBC yesterday, and when asked about the need for testing and contact tracing he completely downplayed it, essentially saying what’s the point because the virus won’t be gone until 60% to 70% of the country has been infected. Hopefully, throughout the summer we can keep a consistent level of infection such that we go into the second wave with at least 40% already infected. If we go into the second wave with say 20% infected—watch out. The re-opening is happening much faster than I expected. Here in Colorado traffic is nearing normal levels, and some restaurants have defied the governor and opened, and they are jam packed. People are fed up—the moose is loose.
Yet in some of the other states people are still staying in. Here in CT May 20th is the first loosening of restrictions, yet some businesses have reached out to their customers and explained that they're not re-opening immediately as they think it's too soon. Restaurants can only do outdoor seatings (and take out or delivery). How many seats can most restaurants offer outdoors if the tables must be a minimum of 6' apart? Clearly, it depends on the restaurant, but many only have sidewalks in their storefront to work with,
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Restaurants around here trying to survive are putting up tents left and right in their parking lots. You have to call in your order then pick it up and then you can go sit and eat it under the tent. You can also order liquor. But there is no table service. Once you are finished eating and leave a waitress comes out and wipes down everything wearing a mask and gloves. It's so stupid it’s sad.
These places are going to go bust trying to survive.
Tulane Class of 1981
Bigschtick
Riptide

nawlinspete wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 8:22 am You are sooo wrong . We are a mobile society . Just because Louisiana is far from California and Massachusetts does not mean we cannot be infected by someone from there .

Exactly!
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Bigschtick wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 8:47 am

Exactly!
Start saving for the next depression
Tulane Class of 1981
GreenLantern
Riptide

Making it simple for LSU and ULL folks.

wave97
Swell

The black plague was one of the greatest boons to Western civilization. It quickly ended fuedalism (lucky/Unlucky sperm club dark age) and brought about the Merchant class which ultimately led to the renaissance.
Herd immunity👍because as Hank Williams says "we'll never get out of this world alive".
The herd needs a little culling and if by chance my jig is up, I'm all right with that.
Last edited by wave97 on Tue May 12, 2020 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.