2020 College Football Season

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

There's no doubt on this one as to my being correct. it's been well covered here. As to the Daiquiri's I'll take your bet. Though it will take a long time to get one as the drive-thru lines run very deep and are blocking major thoroughfares. The Governor loosened restrictions this go around and there will be an opening come 3-16 at least by regions if not the whole state.

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 3:11 pm There's no doubt on this one as to my being correct. it's been well covered here. As to the Daiquiri's I'll take your bet. Though it will take a long time to get one as the drive-thru lines run very deep and are blocking major thoroughfares. The Governor loosened restrictions this go around and there will be an opening come 3-16 at least by regions if not the whole state.
no problem with the New Orleans Original daiquiris..I am personal friends with owner...in an earlier life I sold them everything but the liquor, to run each one in Louisiana...outside of Louisiana they are known as "Fat Tuesday's"..They use nothing by the best ingrediants and liquor,,,if it said "Jack" it is Jack Daniels, no subs allowed.....next time I get to vist my Mom in Gonzales, I will get U a gift card and mail it to you
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Thanks but hold off for now. I took it the bet was about whether Louisiana would be among the last to re-open. As I said above I expect a phased re-opening to start on May 16th. We'll know soon enough. Hope your mom is doing well.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Training dogs now to sniff out people that have the virus and may not know. I could see this at big events and the airports.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

DaveBrownStreak
High Tide

Nutbag Canrtell is going to require ALL New Orleans businesses to keep ALL customer contact information for those entering their business, Yeah, Right! I can see the confrontations now! I am predicting that SHE will be one of the MAIN things that stand in the way of us playing football in the fall,,,,,,
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

DaveBrownStreak wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 8:41 pm Nutbag Canrtell is going to require ALL New Orleans businesses to keep ALL customer contact information for those entering their business, Yeah, Right! I can see the confrontations now! I am predicting that SHE will be one of the MAIN things that stand in the way of us playing football in the fall,,,,,,
Queen LaToya in charge. 🤦‍♂️
70,000 Saints fans should arrive a few days early for that.

Tulane Class of 1981
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

DaveBrownStreak wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 8:41 pm Nutbag Canrtell is going to require ALL New Orleans businesses to keep ALL customer contact information for those entering their business, Yeah, Right! I can see the confrontations now! I am predicting that SHE will be one of the MAIN things that stand in the way of us playing football in the fall,,,,,,
Wow. Saw the story. No clue what she is thinking. This could get bad, real bad.

There is legit no chance I “log in” to spend my money and I am a moderate. Yikes .

She is playing into the politicians. Either open or not, it’s simple.

As a side note, I will just leave this here.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nola.c ... 3.amp.html
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

There was a story about a security guard who told a couple “gentlemen” they couldn’t enter the family dollar store without masks. A fight ensued, and they assaulted him before eventually taking his life. I love New Orleans, but this is the type of story I can see playing out in New Orleans (and elsewhere) especially with this new order from the mayor. If you’re going to trace people bring in a few privacy rights organizations and have them oversee some tech companies for gps mobile tracking. That’s the only way it will work.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.co ... index.html

Awful
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Bicoastalwave wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 2:51 am There was a story about a security guard who told a couple “gentlemen” they couldn’t enter the family dollar store without masks. A fight ensued, and they assaulted him before eventually taking his life. I love New Orleans, but this is the type of story I can see playing out in New Orleans (and elsewhere) especially with this new order from the mayor. If you’re going to trace people bring in a few privacy rights organizations and have them oversee some tech companies for gps mobile tracking. That’s the only way it will work.

Awful
A "Family" were at Dollar General...all had the required mask's except the daughter who was asked to wait outside, while the others shopped..the Mother, Father and Brother will be arrested for murder...last I heard, the mother is in custody, and the brave males are on the run..I think there is video of the murder
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
GreenLantern
Riptide

golfnut69 wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 7:36 am
Bicoastalwave wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 2:51 am There was a story about a security guard who told a couple “gentlemen” they couldn’t enter the family dollar store without masks. A fight ensued, and they assaulted him before eventually taking his life. I love New Orleans, but this is the type of story I can see playing out in New Orleans (and elsewhere) especially with this new order from the mayor. If you’re going to trace people bring in a few privacy rights organizations and have them oversee some tech companies for gps mobile tracking. That’s the only way it will work.

Awful
A "Family" were at Dollar General...all had the required mask's except the daughter who was asked to wait outside, while the others shopped..the Mother, Father and Brother will be arrested for murder...last I heard, the mother is in custody, and the brave males are on the run..I think there is video of the murder
Tragedy and tension on a national scale really brings out the worst (and more rarely, the best) of people. The Dollar General story is unimaginable. The spouse of a friend with whom my wife taught, lost his job because of the pandemic. He was able to find a menial position at WalMart. Yesterday he was assigned to monitor and throttle the number of people entering the store. He was ridiculed, threatened, and spit upon. What a world we live in. Makes you consider how far society has come.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

GreenLantern wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 8:06 am
golfnut69 wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 7:36 am

Awful
Tragedy and tension on a national scale really brings out the worst (and more rarely, the best) of people. The Dollar General story is unimaginable. The spouse of a friend with whom my wife taught, lost his job because of the pandemic. He was able to find a menial position at WalMart. Yesterday he was assigned to monitor and throttle the number of people entering the store. He was ridiculed, threatened, and spit upon. What a world we live in. Makes you consider how far society has come.
I hope there is video of him being spat upon, that maybe a felony, depending the state this happened in. Becasue of the pandemic and the virus being spread thru beathing, and "spitting' on someone is a "voluntary response", requiring some premediatiion, there should be an assualt charge filed..and who knows, with the right DA, looking to make a name for themselves, attempted murder...
Last edited by golfnut69 on Wed May 06, 2020 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

HoustonWave
Tsunami

Harvard, Purdue, CSU all announces they are opening in the fall. The herd instinct will give presidents and BOTs air cover and most universities will reopen—especially Tulane who probably needs the money more than most. The media, politician and “expert” led panic will have to yield to economic reality.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

HoustonWave wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 9:08 am Harvard, Purdue, CSU all announces they are opening in the fall. The herd instinct will give presidents and BOTs air cover and most universities will reopen—especially Tulane who probably needs the money more than most. The media, politician and “expert” led panic will have to yield to economic reality.
UV lights for everyone !!!!...shark tank opportunity...a head ban with UV led type lights...light weight and kills all germs
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Harvard said there would be classes. It did not specify that they would be in classrooms on campus, and hinted that they would be online. Purdue said that they have a very strong interest in having on-campus classes, even if it means starting in mid-October. CSU-Fullerton has already announced that fall classes will be online. Hardly a STATEMENT by any that they will have on-campus classes come fall. Any University that doesn't say they WANT to have classes on-campus would be lying.

Also, people don't realize that there is existing, not new, UV medical treatments. Psoriasis patients have been getting UV treatments for years. Yet when Trump brought up the possibility of exploring it as an option to treat COVID19, he was panned as if he was prescribing suicide.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Amazing the political divisions we have on this pandemic. Republicans want things open they think are safe while Democrats want to keep those same things closed.
Tulane Class of 1981
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Uconn has announced they are canceling their football program . . . Wait, I think I’m early on that one :D
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

James Franklin...As long as there is quorum, there is a season
https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... ll-members
ajcalhoun
Swell

golfnut69 wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 4:23 pm James Franklin...As long as there is quorum, there is a season
https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... ll-members
He must really like his team this year.
God Bless Everyone!
HoustonWave
Tsunami

DfromCT wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 9:40 am Harvard said there would be classes. It did not specify that they would be in classrooms on campus, and hinted that they would be online. Purdue said that they have a very strong interest in having on-campus classes, even if it means starting in mid-October. CSU-Fullerton has already announced that fall classes will be online. Hardly a STATEMENT by any that they will have on-campus classes come fall. Any University that doesn't say they WANT to have classes on-campus would be lying.

Also, people don't realize that there is existing, not new, UV medical treatments. Psoriasis patients have been getting UV treatments for years. Yet when Trump brought up the possibility of exploring it as an option to treat COVID19, he was panned as if he was prescribing suicide.
On May 1, the usual acceptance deadline, SMU had less than 1/3 of their usual acceptances. Two days later they sent a message to all accepted applicants and parents that they would definitely be fully opening on campus classes this fall—two days after that they completely filled their allotted freshman class. Other universities will figure this out. Most all schools will open on-campus classes. They may politically prefer to continue the shut down, but economic reality says otherwise. If we assume that C-19 infections and deaths double (and that is far from a certainty) we won’t approach the per capita infections and deaths of the 1957 Asian Flu or the 1968 Hong Kong Flu—when we hardly closed anything. Wake Up America, and quit listening to the media and political scare tactics.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Students around the country have now begun to file class action lawsuits demanding their tuition money from universities to be refunded because they didn’t pay for online classes. I wouldn’t expect to see Tulane make it’s numbers if they continue to do on line classes. They will lose half their enrollment I bet. Parents are not going to shell out $60K a year for online classes. Tulane will have to reduce the tuition significantly if they want to continue to get their usual enrollment numbers.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/25/us/stude ... index.html
Tulane Class of 1981
MicMan
Swell

HoustonWave wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 8:33 pm
DfromCT wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 9:40 am Harvard said there would be classes. It did not specify that they would be in classrooms on campus, and hinted that they would be online. Purdue said that they have a very strong interest in having on-campus classes, even if it means starting in mid-October. CSU-Fullerton has already announced that fall classes will be online. Hardly a STATEMENT by any that they will have on-campus classes come fall. Any University that doesn't say they WANT to have classes on-campus would be lying.

On May 1, the usual acceptance deadline, SMU had less than 1/3 of their usual acceptances. Two days later they sent a message to all accepted applicants and parents that they would definitely be fully opening on campus classes this fall—two days after that they completely filled their allotted freshman class. Other universities will figure this out. Most all schools will open on-campus classes. They may politically prefer to continue the shut down, but economic reality says otherwise. If we assume that C-19 infections and deaths double (and that is far from a certainty) we won’t approach the per capita infections and deaths of the 1957 Asian Flu or the 1968 Hong Kong Flu—when we hardly closed anything. Wake Up America, and quit listening to the media and political scare tactics.
Good luck with that. 1000+ new infections per day since April 30. That's not political, that's science. Sacrificing Texans for economic gain.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

MicMan wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 11:26 pm
HoustonWave wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 8:33 pm

Good luck with that. 1000+ new infections per day since April 30. That's not political, that's science. Sacrificing Texans for economic gain.
Only 1000 Texans a day are contracting the virus since the state re-opened? That's not bad. Only those that have pre-existing conditions are going to die. It's survival of the fittest, weeding out the weak. Why should anyone be concerned? Especially since most of Texas is already in the hot season with temps approaching or passing 100 degrees and the C19 doesn't do well in the heat. Who cares what happens when summer turns to fall next November? Maybe that number jumps to 5000 per day. Who cares? Screw it, the kids won't know they're bringing it home at the holidays to infect their parents and family as most won't show signs of carrying the virus. Why worry about putting 20-30,000 people in stadiums that seat 4x that many? And those that are not afraid cannot be affected or carry the virus due to their lack of fear. The C19 doesn't touch those that are not afraid. It is especially kind to those that urge us to ignore the political and media medical experts who created this for their own political or popular gain.

:sarcasmflag:
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V