Duke FB Grad transfer Jaylen Miller

Talk about the latest recruits here.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

This made me happier than it probably should have. Maybe because we have zero relevant Tulane sports to discuss. Anyway- Good get, as we all know love extra depth on the line. Especially a starter for a duke team that has been good and he had lots of very good offers coming out of school.

Looks like this was a trade of our CB Coach Hampton to Duke for their former starting grad transfer OL ;)
JerseyWave
Riptide

Could we get a transfer from Duke's basketball team.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

JerseyWave wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:22 pm Could we get a transfer from Duke's basketball team.
Haha, we might have to trade Hall for that. . . Or maybe a bag of money.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Hope he works out. We still need to see great improvement there . Only has three starts in all his time there but we've been so weak he may still be an improvement over what we have.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

winwave wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:49 pm Hope he works out. We still need to see great improvement there . Only has three starts in all his time there but we've been so weak he may still be an improvement over what we have.
Alot of good stuff here: https://goduke.com/sports/football/rost ... ller/10580

Duke has had an excellent offense and Offensive line these last few years. ESPN also had him as a 4 star coming out of high school. Looks like he got hurt and lost his starting spot.
GreenLantern
Riptide

Think he will have to sit for a year or will an appeal be attempted due to hardship in view of the pandemic?
wave97
Swell

Bicoastalwave wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:30 pm
JerseyWave wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:22 pm Could we get a transfer from Duke's basketball team.
Haha, we might have to trade Hall for that. . . Or maybe a bag of money.
Tulane prefers shoe boxes .
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

GreenLantern wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:59 pm Think he will have to sit for a year or will an appeal be attempted due to hardship in view of the pandemic?
I believe it says he would graduate early and play here immediately.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Bicoastalwave wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:54 pm
winwave wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:49 pm Hope he works out. We still need to see great improvement there . Only has three starts in all his time there but we've been so weak he may still be an improvement over what we have.
Alot of good stuff here: https://goduke.com/sports/football/rost ... ller/10580

Duke has had an excellent offense and Offensive line these last few years. ESPN also had him as a 4 star coming out of high school. Looks like he got hurt and lost his starting spot.
I've seen that. Like I said I hope he pans out but the fact is he only got three starts in his time there. We have had transfers every year on the OL . The best one was from USA who had a number of starts in his career. What's odd is he played guard in HS and they moved him to tackle. I know we want him at tackle but he could wind up back at guard as we certainly have a need at RG. That might turn out to be a blessing for him and us.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Last edited by Bicoastalwave on Wed May 20, 2020 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Relax. This is old news:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=11619