Tulane Sweeps FGCU Series

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Olthoff , Aldrich and Benoit are this weekends starters.
Last edited by winwave on Sun Feb 16, 2020 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

DfromCT
Wild Pelican

I hope to hell that Jewett feels the pressure. Shame on him for pointing to the fact that the team was only in the post season twice in 10 years before he got here. How about looking at the fact that David Pierce had the team in the post season both of the previous two seasons before he arrived? So his record is 3 years without a regional appearance when the team had been to a regional the two years before he arrived. The cupboard was not bare, and he has yet to come close to doing the job he was hired to do.

No regional this year should lead to showing Jewett the door. Put up or shut up. The coach he bashes when he talks about how many years Tulane didn't make a regional (Rick Jones) has a million percent more on his resume than Travis Jewett.

Just win, and everything else will fall into place. Another so-so season, and we'll be looking for a new baseball HC.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

No radio coverage? What am I missing. WRBH does not work.
Edit: only works on my ipad. Roll wave
Houma de Wave
Swell

4-3 win. You can’t win ‘em all if you don’t win the first one. Olthoff with 10 K’s in 6 innings. Gilles looked sharp with the save especially bailing us out with bases loaded and nobody out in the 8th.
DaveBrownStreak
High Tide

Not very impressive! Don’t like Jewitt! Never have, never will! Should have canned him last year!!
msdos
Swell

DaveBrownStreak wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:23 pm Not very impressive! Don’t like Jewitt! Never have, never will! Should have canned him last year!!
Interesting take after a W but ok
Sunamiwave
High Tide

DaveBrownStreak wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:23 pm Not very impressive! Don’t like Jewitt! Never have, never will! Should have canned him last year!!
That’s just bizarre. Pitching looked much improved over last year. Obviously after one game it is way too early to come to any conclusions but for someone to come on this board and start a personal rant against Jewett after a win and solid pitching to start the season is strange to say the least. It sounds like the poster has some sort of vendetta against Jewett and will never be happy even if we were to make a regional this year.
Last edited by Sunamiwave on Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Nice win to start the season. Let's Roll On!
Bigschtick
Riptide

winwave wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:50 am Nice win to start the season. Let's Roll On!

I'll Second That!~
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
DaveBrownStreak
High Tide

Jewitts back to back losing seasons, first In a VERY Long time, were sufficient reason enough for his termination. To “struggle” with Florida Gulf Coast is embarrassing.....
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

DaveBrownStreak wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:20 am Jewitts back to back losing seasons, first In a VERY Long time, were sufficient reason enough for his termination. To “struggle” with Florida Gulf Coast is embarrassing.....
FGCU's All Time record, by year
https://fgcuathletics.com/alltime.aspx?path=baseball
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
DaveBrownStreak
High Tide

Your point is?

I’m SURE the level of their competition was/is far superior to Tulane’s. Anything SHORT of making a regional as an “At Large“ should result in Jewitt’s termination!
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

DaveBrownStreak wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:36 am Your point is?

I’m SURE the level of their competition was/is far superior to Tulane’s. Anything SHORT of making a regional as an “At Large“ should result in Jewitt’s termination!
While I don't disagree with your assessment of Jewett, I think it's odd for you to rant on after we won our first game and are...all of...1-0 on the season. FGCU has been competitive since moving to D1, and have an alumnus, Chris Sale, that is doing more in MLB right now than any we have.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

DaveBrownStreak wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:36 am Your point is?

I was just posting the facts of their record...but then again, it ain't about the facts, it about the accusations
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
winwave
Top of the WAVE

winwave
Top of the WAVE

Tulane wins 8-4. Going for the sweep tomorrow.
Jaxwave
Swell

This is what happens when a coach feels the pressure to keep his job. In first start of year his Saturday starter throws 97 pitches. No way he’ll be there at the tail end of season. Now before anybody thinks I’m anti Hewitt, I have pointed this out every year under every coach. The pitchers need to be on a pitch count early in the season or they will be toast later. We’ll check back later to see if I am right. Takes a lot of intestinal fortitude for coaches to pull guys early in year but they should understand by now the ramifications of too many pitches this early.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

mbawavefan12
Tsunami

Jaxwave wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 1:05 am This is what happens when a coach feels the pressure to keep his job. In first start of year his Saturday starter throws 97 pitches. No way he’ll be there at the tail end of season. Now before anybody thinks I’m anti Hewitt, I have pointed this out every year under every coach. The pitchers need to be on a pitch count early in the season or they will be toast later. We’ll check back later to see if I am right. Takes a lot of intestinal fortitude for coaches to pull guys early in year but they should understand by now the ramifications of too many pitches this early.
97 pitches is overload?
Bigschtick
Riptide

Nice Win Saturday! Keep it going!
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Yes, on February 15th, 97 pitches is a lot. Friday's starter threw 90, which I thought was a lot as well. It's not about today, it's about April and May.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

DfromCT wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:08 am Yes, on February 15th, 97 pitches is a lot. Friday's starter threw 90, which I thought was a lot as well. It's not about today, it's about April and May.
Years ago....90+ pitches early in the season seemed too much..in this day of indoor pitching facilites, "off season" strenght and conditioning programs, 10 month baseball seasons, 90= should be expected.... when U do not have 'pitching depth" is when "pitch counts" come into consideration
Pepper
Swell

Both starters went 6&5 innings both days.
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.