2019-20 Tulane Football Transfer Portal

Talk about the latest recruits here.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Tirese Barge, WR Kevin LeeDee and LB Quentin Brown are new additions to the Transfer portal. I think we’ll be big players in the Transfer and Grad Transfer Portal, maybe even more than usual after seeing SMU’s success and our continued success as a program.

Ruski
Swell

Anyone know how many more grad transfers / transfer portal kids we have room for??

FearTheWave with this tantalising little tweet about local CB transferring out of Florida State:

winwave
Top of the WAVE

We have room for 6.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Good luck getting six with our Keystone Kops Admissions Dept.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
anEngineer
Riptide

We may have room for 6, but I imagine the 6 also includes whatever incoming freshmen we sign in the late signing period. I'm sure there will be at least a couple of those.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

OK State LB from BR
https://okstate.com/sports/football/ros ... henry/7326

two DLs from Univeristy of Texas @ Austin...both from Louisiana
https://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.c ... se-portal/
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

golfnut69 wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:09 pm OK State LB from BR
https://okstate.com/sports/football/ros ... henry/7326

two DLs from Univeristy of Texas @ Austin...both from Louisiana
https://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.c ... se-portal/
I hope Kevin Henry has received his acceptance letter from Tulane Admissions!

I would love to land one or both of the UT DL's. I think both are a long shot (unless their good friends and want to play together.) But you can never have enough quality DL's. The "veteran" leadership we get from graduate transfers cannot be matched. It's great that we have slots available.

If our D could get back to how good it was in 2018, our offense, which should be significantly better than 2018, despite who takes the snaps, would be sufficient to have us compete for the AAC West. I'm certainly not giving up on the 2020 season based upon the Duffey debacle.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

I think this probably deserves it’s on topic ?
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

It has 2 now. Mods, can you merge winwave's thread (started 3 hours after this) into this one? You may want to combine the thread titles as well.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

This thread was about the transfer portal and included news of other possible transfers. The other thread , as others asked for, is a thread strictly about him.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:29 am This thread was about the transfer portal and included news of other possible transfers. The other thread , as others asked for, is a thread strictly about him.
That thread that golfnut started ONLY had one central topic: The LB from OSU. It was mis-titled.

Rene Nadeu's take on the transfer:

https://crescentcitysports.com/oklahoma ... to-tulane/

I hope someone can find the typo in the article. Or maybe the LB actually had 576 tackles in 31 games!
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

DfromCT wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:30 pm
winwave wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:29 am This thread was about the transfer portal and included news of other possible transfers. The other thread , as others asked for, is a thread strictly about him.
That thread that golfnut started ONLY had one central topic: The LB from OSU. It was mis-titled.

I hope someone can find the typo in the article. Or maybe the LB actually had 576 tackles in 31 games!
actually the thread I began had two topics..the LB from OK State and the Two DL's from UT@ austin,
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

golfnut69 wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:36 pm
DfromCT wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:30 pm

actually the thread I began had two topics..the LB from OK State and the Two DL's from UT@ austin,
You are right, 'nut. I stand corrected!
Bigschtick
Riptide

I love this portal thing. Let the athletes who want out leave the program and we bring in new talent. I think it really works to the advantage of schools like Tulane. Its fun to speculate about who we might be courting or getting.
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

It definitely works to our advantage and subsequently helps correct mistakes players make because of P5 bias/hype when they are young.
GreenLantern
Riptide

But our Admissions department... :anon:
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

GreenLantern wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:13 am But our Admissions department... :anon:
I support posting this to every transfer thread until people stop talking about Jett.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Bigschtick wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 6:46 am I love this portal thing. Let the athletes who want out leave the program and we bring in new talent. I think it really works to the advantage of schools like Tulane. Its fun to speculate about who we might be courting or getting.
+1,000. Definitely helps the better G5
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
Ruski
Swell

Former 4 star WR, Mykell Jones, outta Patterson transferring from Oklahoma officially with the team. Chose OU over Bama. Was rated a top 50 receiver and #15 in LA from 2016.

View from an OU blogger:

DfromCT
Wild Pelican

I have a friend that is an OU alum. He actually played QB for 2 years of D2 football then transferred as a walk on at OU (never saw the field.) He thinks Mykel is a very talented player that unfortunately wasn't able to play much after getting injured his (possibly RS) Sophomore year. He thinks we're getting a good one, if healthy.

FWIW: He went to the OU v. Texas Tech game this year and was totally unimpressed with Jett Duffey. Said his mechanics looked horrible and he was just an athlete trying to play QB. "It was like a good HS QB trying to play against OU." His exact words. He thinks Keon Howard is a better talent.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

So we had room for 6, and we signed two grad transfers (linebacker from ok state, and wr from OU). That leaves us at 4 with signing day next Wednesday.

Those 4 spots being:

1) Trey Tuggle (OL, almost signed with us early, looks to sign with Us now)

2) Elijah Champagne ? Also was going to sign early and decided he wanted to wait. I think he had a serious injury, I wonder if he still signs.

3) Hold this for another WR transfer ? Or If we flip Adonis Frixlouis who was a hard houston commit with an ole miss offer & Memphis offer. He was in last weekend for a visit.

4) Hold this open for a grad transfer QB through spring and beyond I assume

There were several other recruits visiting last week, not sure if we are close on any of the others.
Last edited by Bicoastalwave on Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

DfromCT wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:43 pm I have a friend that is an OU alum. He actually played QB for 2 years of D2 football then transferred as a walk on at OU (never saw the field.) He thinks Mykel is a very talented player that unfortunately wasn't able to play much after getting injured his (possibly RS) Sophomore year. He thinks we're getting a good one, if healthy.

FWIW: He went to the OU v. Texas Tech game this year and was totally unimpressed with Jett Duffey. Said his mechanics looked horrible and he was just an athlete trying to play QB. "It was like a good HS QB trying to play against OU." His exact words. He thinks Keon Howard is a better talent.
Hopefully he was right and Fritz and our staff that wanted him badly were wrong.
Ruski
Swell

Bicoastalwave wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:03 pm So we had room for 6, and we signed two grad transfers (linebacker from ok state, and wr from OU). That leaves us at 4 with signing day next Wednesday.

Those 4 spots being:

1) Trey Tuggle (OL, almost signed with us early, looks to sign with Us now)

2) Elijah Champagne ? Also was going to sign early and decided he wanted to wait. I think he had a serious injury, I wonder if he still signs.

3) Hold this for another WR transfer ? Or If we flip Adonis Frixlouis who was a hard houston commit with an ole miss offer & Memphis offer. He was in last weekend for a visit.

4) Hold this open for a grad transfer QB through spring and beyond I assume

There were several other recruits visiting last week, not sure if we are close on any of the others.

So with Meyers coming from FSU, we now have 3 spots left.

Anyone heard news about Tuggle/Champagne? Are we still going after QBs?

Looks like Justin Rogers, Shreveport native, chose UNLV yesterday....reports had us throwing our hat in the ring. Top rated QB in the portal would've been some coup :/
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Bummer we didn’t land Rogers (who would have had to sit). Bizarre we lost him to UNLV, there must be some coaching connection/bagman
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Bicoastalwave wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:00 pm Bummer we didn’t land Rogers (who would have had to sit). Bizarre we lost him to UNLV, there must be some coaching connection/bagman
what happens in Vegas, Stays in Vegas