Causeway Bridge Sign

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
TURVS71
Swell

wave97 wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:13 pm
Wave755 wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:36 pm
tpstulane wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:27 pm Incredible
Thanks, TPS.
That sign expresses exactly how I feel.
Way to go LSU!

You're a POS and if you don't like it, too bad!
I hope you are not a former player but I believe I know who you are. You are a disgrace to the Olive and Blue. IF you wore that uniform, consider yourself lucky...Go away Douche

'Here's a song for the Olive and the Blue"
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

HoustonWave wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:33 pm Did Slade Nagle post the Causeway sign? I guess Tulane admins won’t feel bad if we direct some of our financial support to LSU now.
He posted a tweet in support of the sign. The person who posted the actual sign remains anonymous to my knowledge.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
JTLiuzza
Swell

HoustonWave wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:33 pm Did Slade Nagle post the Causeway sign? I guess Tulane admins won’t feel bad if we direct some of our financial support to LSU now.
I don't know if he's responsible for the sign but he sure enjoyed celebrating it on twitter.

I guess I'm old school but I would never pull for lsu for anything. And frankly I don't get the whole 'one big happy Louisiana family' malarkey when it comes to football. We can all pull for the Saints. Doesn't that cover it? But when it comes to your school; all bets are off.

I'm guessing the SC Gamecocks coaches were posting their rah rah support for Clemson on social media, right? Not if they value their jobs or have a clue about fan/alumni relations.
The second commandment has not been abrogated.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

The next billboard:
"Come out and support the Wave and your National Champion LSU Fighting Tigers this spring for our joint camp." 🤔
Tulane Class of 1981
HoustonWave
Tsunami

JTLiuzza wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:50 pm
I don't know if he's responsible for the sign but he sure enjoyed celebrating it on twitter.

I guess I'm old school but I would never pull for lsu for anything. And frankly I don't get the whole 'one big happy Louisiana family' malarkey when it comes to football. We can all pull for the Saints. Doesn't that cover it? But when it comes to your school; all bets are off.

I'm guessing the SC Gamecocks coaches were posting their rah rah support for Clemson on social media, right? Not if they value their jobs or have a clue about fan/alumni relations.
The “we’re all Louisiana” theory only works as long as Tulane is the one sweeping out the stadium after the game. Evidently our Tulane administration and a few fans enjoy being Tulane Shine Boys.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
HoustonWave
Tsunami

tpstulane wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:52 pm The next billboard:
"Come out and support the Wave and your National Champion LSU Fighting Tigers this spring for our joint camp." 🤔
Or “Come to Tulane, and get your Tulane Shine Box, filled with purple and gold shoe polish.”
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
fearthewaveblog
Ripple

FWIW, I have had two contacts in Athletics tell me that Tulane did not approve the sign and was not involved to their knowledge.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

fearthewaveblog wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:38 am FWIW, I have had two contacts in Athletics tell me that Tulane did not approve the sign and was not involved to their knowledge.
I’m sure Tulane Athletics didn’t but wouldn’t be surprised to learn that the Academic side did.
Especially the Head of Admission.
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

tpstulane wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:52 pm The next billboard:
Right. That's what it's al about is maybe we'll get some recruit because of the camp . Screw that. He should have never done it.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
wave97
Swell

We hire coaches. We fire coaches. So what? They're coaches. Slade Nagle has done nothing wrong. The current football staff at LSU has done more to keep prospective talent inside LA than any coaching staff that I've seen from up river ever.
If you want to see a renewed series with LSU there is no greater chance of that happening than with this current football & athletic admin staff.
Being self proclaimed elitist douchbags in Louisiana doesn't require much effort, if that's what makes you happy.
oliveandblue
Surge

This is a nothing burger, guys.

Most of my fellow alumni are happy LSU won. The rivalry is something from a prior generation. New school kids see USM as our rival - and are kinda happy we didn't shit the bed and beat them by 17.

We are 10 years of development away from LSU folk considering us as even a secondary rival.
nawlinspete
Riptide

oliveandblue wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:50 am This is a nothing burger, guys.

Most of my fellow alumni are happy LSU won. The rivalry is something from a prior generation. New school kids see USM as our rival - and are kinda happy we didn't shit the bed and beat them by 17.

We are 10 years of development away from LSU folk considering us as even a secondary rival.
Wrong . We are able to compete now and will be able to as long as Coach Fritz and his staff remain with us .
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
wave97
Swell

As long as Mike Fitts, the BOT continues to support athletics & we retain a good AD
Last edited by wave97 on Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

nawlinspete wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:06 am
oliveandblue wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:50 am This is a nothing burger, guys.

Wrong . We are able to compete now and will be able to as long as Coach Fritz and his staff remain with us .
Wrong. LSU would beat us by 40+ if we lined up and played them today. Get a grip.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Jaxwave
Swell

Every G5 coach, AD, President aspires to get a P5 job. Slade is no different. Pandering at its best
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Jaxwave wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:24 am Every G5 coach, AD, President aspires to get a P5 job. Slade is no different. Pandering at its best
Slade coached at LSU in 2009.
Tulane Class of 1981
DaveBrownStreak
High Tide

The asswipes on the other board have locked the thread about the Causeway Sign after 2 comments.....Ha.....
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

the "Upside"...at least the Tulane Logo was correct
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

DaveBrownStreak wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:10 pm The asswipes on the other board have locked the thread about the Causeway Sign after 2 comments.....Ha.....
😲😲😲🤣
Tulane Class of 1981
squilz
Low Tide

Seems Assistant AD Tyler confirmed it was not Athletics' doing. I would hope he sits down Coach Nagle for a little history lesson too. Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest to learn it was someone in Gibson hall. Much of it is filled with recent grads (almost never from here) who were lured in and brainwashed by Cowen. LSU has ruffled feathers with Tulane in matters extending well past athletics for years. I'm not surprised this lot is patently ignorant of the rivalry (hell, I have high school classmates who joined me at Tulane who wear LSU gear and post in support of the football factory, I call them out every time). Not surprised, but disappointed.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

It was someone employed by the bridge. Tulane has no control over operation of that sign.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
DaveBrownStreak
High Tide

winwave wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:14 pm It was someone employed by the bridge. Tulane has no control over operation of that sign.
What happened to "copyright" laws?
RobertM320
Green Wave

winwave wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:14 pm It was someone employed by the bridge. Tulane has no control over operation of that sign.
Still doesn't give anyone the authorization to use our logo, or to put words in our mouths. I wonder if, as a Tulane alum, I have grounds to file suit.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

RobertM320 wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:34 pm
Still doesn't give anyone the authorization to use our logo, or to put words in our mouths. I wonder if, as a Tulane alum, I have grounds to file suit.
Isince public funds were used for the construction of the Causeway and the signage that is used for said construction, you would have a "freedom of information act" to give U info, on whomever paid to use the sign
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
winwave
Top of the WAVE

RobertM320 wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:34 pm
We certainly agree on that. I was just pointing out how it got put up.