Tulane MBB receives vote for Top 25 !?

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

This is pretty crazy but looks legit. Maybe now people will discuss Tulane MBB

https://www.usatoday.com/sports/ncaab/p ... ches-poll/

DfromCT
Wild Pelican

We should celebrate this!!!

Yet with a 300+ RPI, it's a little early in the season to mean anything (as is the RPI!)
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
greenphantom
Swell

While I won’t buy into Top 25 hype just yet, I do think we will have a better than expected season. Should be a fun ride.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Thanks for the link. It's been a fun start. Looking forward to the rest of the season.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

If we could approach .500 in conference, Coach Hunter should be coach of the year.
greenphantom
Swell

DfromCT wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:57 pm If we could approach .500 in conference, Coach Hunter should be coach of the year.
+1
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

If the season ended right now . . . Ron hunter would have to be the coach of the year ;)

If we beat Miss State somehow, everyone’s head would explode and we would get some more votes.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Bicoastalwave wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:18 pm If the season ended right now . . . Ron hunter would have to be the coach of the year ;)

If we beat Miss State somehow, everyone’s head would explode and we would get some more votes.
If everyone's head exploded we wouldn't have to worry about the petty arguments among ourselves! :lol: :? :roll: :cry: :lol:
JerseyWave
Riptide

Oh no! We went down this road with the Tulane football and look what happened. Lost three out of four. Lets get some quality wins before we start crowing about Top 25 mens basketball.
austxwave
High Tide

I didn't see this mentioned...then again i'm at work and shouldn't be on message boards.

Coach Hunter is one of the voters. If I were him and it wouldn't shock me if he voted for Tulane at #25 thus the 1 vote.
Jaxwave
Swell

austxwave wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:15 pm I didn't see this mentioned...then again i'm at work and shouldn't be on message boards.

Coach Hunter is one of the voters. If I were him and it wouldn't shock me if he voted for Tulane at #25 thus the 1 vote.
Bingo!
GreenLantern
Riptide

Is it too early to start a new thread: "Will Coach Hunter Stay at Tulane?" :cool:
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Never too early.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Houma de Wave
Swell

Miss. State received no votes. Ben Howland wasn’t voting.
anEngineer
Riptide

GreenLantern wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:13 pm Is it too early to start a new thread: "Will Coach Hunter Stay at Tulane?" :cool:
Excellent idea! One more win and it's inevitable.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Most of you people need to go watch a Christmas Carol. . . Or realize which character you Would play. Instead of being happy or laughing you’re up in arms and ready to S**t on the idea. Hunter or a friend clearly voted for us. . . Great. Let’s go win against a good opponent. How about some real basketball talk ? How about discussing the team ? How do we win ?

As the old joke goes . . . You must be fun at a party (at least 90% of you).
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Guerrey mentioned it’s highly conceivable for Tulane to go 11-1 going into League play (@ Memphis 😳). St Louis being the only threat, and has a lower power ranking than Utah but def a game we could lose. If we go 11-1, how close will we be to the top 25? Being anywhere near it would be absurd, but would be amazing for the team and program. Also before someone says it- we should have been ranked after the army win and I wish we had been. It’s all about breaking our amazing assortment of bad records and getting GREAT recruiting class in.
swampnik
Surge

One of Perry's classes started out of the gate 13-0 and then the Red Raiders snapped our spurs.
nic, nic, nic, swamp!
-Jack N. (Easy Rider)