Tulane beats SELA 76-55

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Hope Nic Thomas Can get on the floor soon, we need all the depth we can get.

winwave
Top of the WAVE

BTW, kudos to Zion staying for the whole game.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
WavyHoops
High Tide

winwave wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:49 am BTW, kudos to Zion staying for the whole game.
All of the Tulane kids who might have preferred to go to Duke will see more of Zion in NOLA than they would have if they'd spent 4 years in Durham. :-)
AugWave
Swell

Liked what I saw last night. First game of the season so I’m not sure why some are so critical. Relax. Especially on that other forum.
I don't yell. I don't scream. I don't argue. I just hit 'em over the head with a bottle.
squilz
Low Tide

RobertM320 wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:04 pm I got a chance to catch a couple minutes of Andrew Allegretta doing the radio broadcast. Maybe its just that I'm more used to hearing many different people doing radio on basketball, but he's definitely better at bball than football. He just seems more comfortable there.
Isn't Allegretta from Syracuse? Explains his prowess for basketball over football :lol:
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

I only saw the last minute of the first half, and probably 12 minutes into the second half, but I really enjoyed what I was able to watch. As Coach Hunter told us, he doesn't use a deep rotation (though I don't know if he emptied the bench late.) But they play good strong D and put forth effort that was clearly lacking the last couple of seasons. I don't know how many AAC teams we can beat, but surely more than we did a year ago!

There is no need for negativity after 1 game. Clearly this is a MUCH better product than what MD was trotting out on the court. This team will be fun to watch over the next few years, I think we'll see growth throughout this season and be competitive in the coming years.

ROLL WAVE!
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

squilz wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:26 am
RobertM320 wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:04 pm I got a chance to catch a couple minutes of Andrew Allegretta doing the radio broadcast. Maybe its just that I'm more used to hearing many different people doing radio on basketball, but he's definitely better at bball than football. He just seems more comfortable there.
Isn't Allegretta from Syracuse? Explains his prowess for basketball over football :lol:
Except their football program has been much more successful than ours. And Dino Babers has more big time wins in his time at Syracuse than Coach Fritz does in the same time at Tulane. Not even close! Again, I'm just pointing out that we (Tulane fans) should look down our noses at nobody.
WavyHoops
High Tide

Just watched Coach Hunter's postgame remarks and he made a point I hadn't thought much about. Not only is it a new team, most of the starters played limited (or no) minutes last season and now they are being asked to start and play heavy minutes. Only going up from here.
greenie78
Riptide

DfromCT wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:53 am
Except their football program has been much more successful than ours. And Dino Babers has more big time wins in his time at Syracuse than Coach Fritz does in the same time at Tulane. Not even close! Again, I'm just pointing out that we (Tulane fans) should look down our noses at nobody.
Gimme a break. You act like Babers would have won bigger games here with the talent at Tulane compared to Syracuse. It's easier to win at Syracuse. More tradition, more money, etc. It's not like Babers would have beaten OU, OSU, Auburn, etc. with the roster Fritz has had. Hell, he's struggling in the worst P5 conference in the country. Outside of last year's fluke season, he's gone 4-8, 4-8, and this year 3-6 with some ugly losses. Don't act like he's done some magical job so far. You're just heavily biased in your opinions.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Winning is new and so are the faces:

https://www.nola.com/sports/tulane/arti ... bf921.html
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Nice to break the 21 game losing streak with a 21 point win!
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

I’ll say this. . . I think Tulane THIS year would wipe the floor with Syracuse. A school I have no love for (INcoming rant). They have a great journalism school, otherwise (I’ll be an elitist here) I don’t believe SHOULD be our peer. Let’s ask: Why are they in a P5 and not us ? They didn’t have cowdick and their amazing predecessors. That pretty much sums it up. They have had a great basketball program built in a big east/northeast type of fashion. But there is no reason they should have had more success than us outside of 20 (50?) years of institutional failure.
Ruski
Swell

Bicoastalwave wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:39 am I’ll say this. . . I think Tulane THIS year would wipe the floor with Syracuse. A school I have no love for (INcoming rant). They have a great journalism school, otherwise (I’ll be an elitist here) I don’t believe SHOULD be our peer. Let’s ask: Why are they in a P5 and not us ? They didn’t have cowdick and their amazing predecessors. That pretty much sums it up. They have had a great basketball program built in a big east/northeast type of fashion. But there is no reason they should have had more success than us outside of 20 (50?) years of institutional failure.
They also benefit from being in New York and having twice as many undergrads...
Ruski
Swell

Anyone know if there are video highlights of the game??
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Ruski wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:08 am Anyone know if there are video highlights of the game??
Not sure about highlights but the entire game is archived on ESPN3.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

greenie78 wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:39 pm
Gimme a break. You act like Babers would have won bigger games here with the talent at Tulane compared to Syracuse. It's easier to win at Syracuse. More tradition, more money, etc. It's not like Babers would have beaten OU, OSU, Auburn, etc. with the roster Fritz has had. Hell, he's struggling in the worst P5 conference in the country. Outside of last year's fluke season, he's gone 4-8, 4-8, and this year 3-6 with some ugly losses. Don't act like he's done some magical job so far. You're just heavily biased in your opinions.
No I don't think so.

But you made the exact argument I was making: Tulane should look down our noses AT NOBODY.. That's exactly my point and you made a convincing argument for it. THANK YOU!
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Bicoastalwave wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:39 am I’ll say this. . . I think Tulane THIS year would wipe the floor with Syracuse. A school I have no love for (INcoming rant). They have a great journalism school, otherwise (I’ll be an elitist here) I don’t believe SHOULD be our peer. Let’s ask: Why are they in a P5 and not us ? They didn’t have cowdick and their amazing predecessors. That pretty much sums it up. They have had a great basketball program built in a big east/northeast type of fashion. But there is no reason they should have had more success than us outside of 20 (50?) years of institutional failure.
Syracuse is not an NYC school. As a matter of fact, there's at least a dozen D1 schools closer to NYC than Syracuse. It just has more tradition, a bigger fan base (yes, part of that is that it's a bigger school) and they've been more committed to athletics than Tulane for a very long time. Did I mention they built a domed stadium on campus in 1981?

Yes, Syracuse may be over-rated. But who are we, as Tulane fans to put them down? And who has THIS Tulane team beaten that tells us we would "wipe the floor" with Syracuse? Who's to say we wouldn't have 15 penalties and turn the ball over 3 times in a 42-17 loss in the Carrier Dome? Or we could just as easily win by the same score, though doubtfully in Syracuse.

And as an edit, let me add: Babers beat Clemson. PERIOD. When was the last time we had a win like that? I think the answer is NEVER!
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:34 pm Nice to break the 21 game losing streak with a 21 point win!
That's some poetic justice right there!
nawlinspete
Riptide

Sounds like the same bullshit the idiot from Storrs posted for years about his hero Edsell . Just substitute , interchangeably , Babers / Edsell .
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
Show Me
Tsunami

nawlinspete wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:06 am
Sounds like the same bullshit the idiot from Storrs posted for years about his hero Edsell . Just substitute , interchangeably , Babers / Edsell .
What like the same bullshit coming from you..
Your posts are on a 3rd grade level. Maybe by this time next year you may achieve the level of a 4th grader.