Tulane beats Tulsa 38-26

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
greenie78
Riptide

Man the Liberty Bowl looks packed tonight.

greenie78
Riptide

BTW FIU has a winning record now.
galvezwave
Swell

greenie78 wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:04 pm Man the Liberty Bowl looks packed tonight.
They announced a sellout a few days ago. Good showcase for aac so far.
Wave755
Tsunami

galvezwave wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:23 pm
greenie78 wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:04 pm Man the Liberty Bowl looks packed tonight.
They announced a sellout a few days ago. Good showcase for aac so far.
And, I believe it too, not an empty seat.
Wave755
Tsunami

Oh, and by the way, the Wave has now won its last 7 home games. :D
greenie78
Riptide

Good grief, ECU is beating Cincy 31-21 at the half. That would be a terrible loss.
greenie78
Riptide

This conference does a lot of things well, but officiating is not one of them.
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

Happy we won, but we have regressed these past 3 games. The penalties MUST stop. And that's 100% on the coaches. Great atmosphere, good crowd, we're bowl eligible. Let's just don't get complacent now.
Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
GreenLantern
Riptide

Beautiful day, wonderful crowd, and a *wiping perspiration from forehead* win. I don't believe I've seen Yulman this crowded since the Georgia Tech game.

winwave
Top of the WAVE

Beautiful day. Good crowd. National TV. Normally Tulane falls on its face. Not today. Despite hurting ourselves a good bit we not only win we cover. Go into the bye on a high. Looking forward to the last three games. So much fun tailgating with family and friends after the game!
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Wave755
Tsunami

greenie78 wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:04 pm Good grief, ECU is beating Cincy 31-21 at the half. That would be a terrible loss.
Cincy pulls it out “very late” with a field goal 46 to 43 as time expires.
galvezwave
Swell

NOLABigSteve wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:46 pm Happy we won, but we have regressed these past 3 games. The penalties MUST stop. And that's 100% on the coaches. Great atmosphere, good crowd, we're bowl eligible. Let's just don't get complacent now.
Tulsa came in as the #1 most penalized team in the nation. The wave takes a back seat to no one! We showed them .
Eaglewave
Swell

DfromCT wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 4:18 pm I'm sorry, but if I'm a P5 AD, I have no interest in Fritz. This team is undisciplined, as penalties and incredibly dumb on field decisions prevent the Wave from playing to their potential. That goes on the coaching staff, and starts with the HC. The last interception should never have been thrown. We're not only our own worst enemy, but we also hand points to our opponents. And if you were hiring Fritz, what offense would he run? Our offense under Hall is pretty good (and will be better if we every stop with the self inflicted wounds) but Fritz's offense until this year is totally unattractive to a program that expects to sell 60,000 tickets/game.
Damn man!
Ball Sumrall!
Eaglewave
Swell

greenie78 wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 5:02 pm Again 1st and 20 and you run it. That’s so dumb
That’s not “so dumb” man. WTF.
Ball Sumrall!
Eaglewave
Swell

Some of you guys just don’t understand the impact of a few injuries had on the last few weeks. We are bowl eligible, and we should be getting healthier down this tough stretch.
Ball Sumrall!
Wave755
Tsunami

In spite of all of our penalties today, when it came time to put Tulsa away, we put Tulsa away. These guys are the real deal. And, we have now beat Tulsa, former Tulane A D “Tricky Dick” Rick Dickson’s Alma Mater, for 3 years in a row. :D
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

What is this thread ? We just WON. We are bowl eligible (spoiler, we’re going to a bowl) back to back for the first time in blah blah blah (too many years). We have a shot at 10 wins this season. WTF is wrong with you all ? Did we have the talent to beat navy, yes. Could we beat auburn on our best day, yes. We are 6-3, how are we not happy ? We have a foundation set. If anything the three (+) loses keeps fritz here. The slow burn and trajectory actually helps us as program- recruiting, fans, nationally it helps not being a flash in the pan. It’s actually a silver lining, rather then a sudden 10 win season. The cupboard will be stocked and ready for the long hall.
WavyHoops
High Tide

Bicoastalwave wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 1:40 am What is this thread ? We just WON. We are bowl eligible (spoiler, we’re going to a bowl) back to back for the first time in blah blah blah (too many years). We have a shot at 10 wins this season. WTF is wrong with you all ? Did we have the talent to beat navy, yes. Could we beat auburn on our best day, yes. We are 6-3, how are we not happy ? We have a foundation set. If anything the three (+) loses keeps fritz here. The slow burn and trajectory actually helps us as program- recruiting, fans, nationally it helps not being a flash in the pan. It’s actually a silver lining, rather then a sudden 10 win season. The cupboard will be stocked and ready for the long hall.
Thank you. Folks should look at their posts from two or three years ago for a reality check.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

GreenLantern wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:53 pm Beautiful day, wonderful crowd, and a *wiping perspiration from forehead* win. I don't believe I've seen Yulman this crowded since the Georgia Tech game.

A Tulane staffer told me 22,000 yesterday.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

tpstulane wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 4:39 am
GreenLantern wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:53 pm Beautiful day, wonderful crowd, and a *wiping perspiration from forehead* win. I don't believe I've seen Yulman this crowded since the Georgia Tech game.

A Tulane staffer told me 22,000 yesterday.

I could believe we had 20,000. The corner sections on both ends were pretty empty. Then other sections had some seats open. So good crowd and the Wave delivered.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

winwave
Top of the WAVE

winwave
Top of the WAVE

winwave
Top of the WAVE

galvezwave
Swell

Bicoastalwave wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 1:40 am What is this thread ? We just WON. We are bowl eligible (spoiler, we’re going to a bowl) back to back for the first time in blah blah blah (too many years). We have a shot at 10 wins this season. WTF is wrong with you all ? Did we have the talent to beat navy, yes. Could we beat auburn on our best day, yes. We are 6-3, how are we not happy ? We have a foundation set. If anything the three (+) loses keeps fritz here. The slow burn and trajectory actually helps us as program- recruiting, fans, nationally it helps not being a flash in the pan. It’s actually a silver lining, rather then a sudden 10 win season. The cupboard will be stocked and ready for the long hall.
Crazy, man. I tried to inject some humor but to no avail. Some of us are addicted to losing and complaining about everything wrong. I’m guilty myself sometimes. But all I know I’m enjoying the football season. All of it. I like watching other games now. NFL is better. All for 1 reason. Tulane is winning. Tulsa had half the penalties Tulane did. And lost. So what?