Who's next if we lose WF and Hall

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
greenphantom
Swell

This is why this week’s thread was premature in my humble opinion. I could care less if someone at The Athletic wrote an article listing coaches who may be on the move next year. It’s a paid site so they need content for their subscribers so they will pretty much publish anything. The person who wrote it probably hasn’t even watched Tulane this year. Anyone could write an article at this point listing potential coaches on the move just by looking at records. It’s not rocket science.

winwave
Top of the WAVE

It wasn't premature. It was out there nationally. The Athletic is one of the most respected sites out there. Other fan forums had this topic on them. It''s a fan forum and people are looking for things to discuss. With the start we had it was a legitimate topic. Plus the fact that if this turns out to be WF's one clunker and we start winning again it will continue to be talked about.
Last edited by winwave on Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
greenie78
Riptide

This thread wasn’t pre-mature.
Show Me
Tsunami

greenie78 wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:17 pm This thread wasn’t pre-mature.
BS
We haven’t beaten a team with a winning record yet this year.
greenphantom
Swell

Athletic has been around only 2 years. Anyone could right a similar article. All you have to do is go through the list of the G5 teams with winning records. Add in some top assistants at good P5s and anyone can come up with a list of coaches potentially on the move. Sorry some spent $60 on what I could have provided for free.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

They are extremely respected. Plus they weren't the only one. It's a legit topic. Nothing to shy away from. It's there and should be discussed. i
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Wave755
Tsunami

I should have done this last week, but I now formally file an “Exception of Prematurity” to this thread.
Show Me
Tsunami

The Athletic a hack outfit looking for clicks. Army lost to Georgia St today. We haven’t beaten anyone yet worthy this year. The two Will’s aren’t going anywhere. Bogus thread here.
JerseyWave
Riptide

No P5 school is hiring a coach who hasn’t brought his offense into the 21st century with the forward pass.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

The discussion of whether our coaches might get snatched isn’t premature given what we had done up to four hours ago. And it’s not too premature to now put it to rest—as nobody is going to hire Fritz away after that performance. It wasn’t just that we lost to a talented team, our team was unmotivated and unprepared. Let’s now focus on how to get our 6th win. But tonight isn’t a total loss—-GO ASTROS!!
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
Eaglewave
Swell

JerseyWave wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:30 pm No P5 school is hiring a coach who hasn’t brought his offense into the 21st century with the forward pass.
Fritz is a winner. Wishbone or spread, the man wins wherever he goes. We are 5-2 and coming off a winning season.
Ball Sumrall!
HoustonWave
Tsunami

One other random thought. Pre season there was talk that some of our DL underclassmen might opt for the draft—I think notion is dead and buried.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Show Me wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:26 pm The Athletic a hack outfit looking for clicks. Army lost to Georgia St today. We haven’t beaten anyone yet worthy this year. The two Will’s aren’t going anywhere. Bogus thread here.
Complete BS. They're clearly one of the most respected sites out there. Everyone has their reporters on to interview them and get there take on things. You're making it clear that you love Tulane to suck. You were gone till we lost.
Last edited by winwave on Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

The coverage from The Athletic is good. It’s not surprising to see Willie Fritz’s name mentioned as a potential P5 coach. There was some talk last year as well. Will Hall has moved a lot over his young career. I’m sure he’ll get some P5 looks as an OC. Don’t know if he’d get a G5 HC look just yet. Disappointing loss yesterday for sure.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Non subscribers here’s your chance to subscribe. Help support the media that covers the Wave.
I enjoy quality, ad-free sports coverage on The Athletic, and you can too! Subscribe to The Athletic with this link to get 40% off:
https://api.theathletic.com/checkout?pc ... by=2818500
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Aberzombie1892
Swell

tpstulane wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:34 am The coverage from The Athletic is good. It’s not surprising to see Willie Fritz’s name mentioned as a potential P5 coach. There was some talk last year as well. Will Hall has moved a lot over his young career. I’m sure he’ll get some P5 looks as an OC. Don’t know if he’d get a G5 HC look just yet. Disappointing loss yesterday for sure.
To be fair, Fritz has been mentioned as a potential candidate for P5 jobs every single year that he's been at Tulane.

As for Will Hall, it would be extremely unlikely for a G5 coordinator to get a job as a P5 head coach.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Aberzombie1892 wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:32 pm
tpstulane wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:34 am The coverage from The Athletic is good. It’s not surprising to see Willie Fritz’s name mentioned as a potential P5 coach. There was some talk last year as well. Will Hall has moved a lot over his young career. I’m sure he’ll get some P5 looks as an OC. Don’t know if he’d get a G5 HC look just yet. Disappointing loss yesterday for sure.
To be fair, Fritz has been mentioned as a potential candidate for P5 jobs every single year that he's been at Tulane.

As for Will Hall, it would be extremely unlikely for a G5 coordinator to get a job as a P5 head coach.
I hope both are back next year. A second year of Hall's offense could really have the Wave rolling. We've only seen glimpses of what this offense can do when it's going well. And again, I predict somewhere in the last 5 games we blow out a very good team when we put it all together.

Next year we are a much improved team, but I'm not giving up on winning 8+ this year. Just a tough road ahead and we MUST play better than we have in the first half of the season.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

That’s the silver lining to the Memphis game, helps us hold onto our coach’s while we continue to build and reinforce the program. Now if we lose more than 4 games . . . that’s too much of a good (bad ?) thing.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

DfromCT wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:02 pm
Aberzombie1892 wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:32 pm

I hope both are back next year. A second year of Hall's offense could really have the Wave rolling. We've only seen glimpses of what this offense can do when it's going well. And again, I predict somewhere in the last 5 games we blow out a very good team when we put it all together.

Next year we are a much improved team, but I'm not giving up on winning 8+ this year. Just a tough road ahead and we MUST play better than we have in the first half of the season.
I agree. I predict we win 1 of the SMU/UCF games.
ajcalhoun
Swell

tpstulane wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:21 pm Non subscribers here’s your chance to subscribe to The Athletic at 50% today only. $2.49 a month for Year 1. Can’t beat that. Help support the media that covers the Wave.
I love The Athletic. I am very happy with my subscription and I look forward to reading it daily.
God Bless Everyone!
Bigschtick
Riptide

greenie78 wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:17 pm This thread wasn’t pre-mature.

Agreed, it was just plain stupid.
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
NOLABigSteve
Tsunami

Stupid or not, it’s a discussion forum. So we discuss. 😊
Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
ajcalhoun
Swell

NOLABigSteve wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:05 pm Stupid or not, it’s a discussion forum. So we discuss. 😊
Yep, that's what we do around here. If stupidity was banned Steve would be out of business.
God Bless Everyone!
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Where’s the eye roll emoji
Bigschtick
Riptide

NOLABigSteve wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:05 pm Stupid or not, it’s a discussion forum. So we discuss. 😊
True, nothing wrong with a stupid discussion evidence the Tanner Lee thread! :D
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!