Who's next if we lose WF and Hall

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Tanner Lee may be available

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

I think talking about if schools would be interested in Fritz or Hall is a very good topic right now. It should be noted that our schedule to date looks easier with each week yet the upcoming schedule looks far more difficult after each week, so we shall see. I still think we can beat anyone in the conference no question, our biggest weakness (OL) has been pretty dam good aside from penalties. The one issue has been our QB protecting the ball, that can’t happen against better teams.
But speculating on a replacement is pretty much a waste of time right now. Just my opinion.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

mbawavefan12 wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:05 pm A few things with Fritz in TU’s favor 1) if he was ever offered a P5 job, it would most likely be another total rebuild. At 60 I don’t know if he would want to go through that again when the raise would not be that much and he seems to has finally achieved the depth he has wanted and has what appears to be his best recruiting class coming in. Also, with a P5 school he could get canned after 3 years but at TU he has the job pretty much until retirement. 2) Any P5 school looking at Fritz is also going to look at the rest of the AAC coaches and there are several options that are at least equal to Fritz and much younger.
+1,000. These are the main two reasons that I’m optimistic that Fritz will stay a long time—and eventually will unveil the life size statue of him that we will someday build in Yulman Plaza. The only other factor is how he and his family feel about living in N.O.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Bicoastalwave wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:12 pm Theres a thread about this on Yoggie and the AAC board both discussing fritz and hall. The Atheltic wrote an article about and there are atleast two big national lists that have fritz and hall prominently positioned. Guess what, its not too soon to discuss.
And in every televised Tulane game, the fourth string ESPN announcers are constantly pimping Fritz and Hall. You would think the announcers are their agents. The moment of truth is coming for Tulane—do we step up and write the checks (telling the world that we are serious about sustaining football success), or proudly grasp a permanent second tier existence?
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

HoustonWave wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:09 am
mbawavefan12 wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:05 pm A few things with Fritz in TU’s favor 1) if he was ever offered a P5 job, it would most likely be another total rebuild. At 60 I don’t know if he would want to go through that again when the raise would not be that much and he seems to has finally achieved the depth he has wanted and has what appears to be his best recruiting class coming in. Also, with a P5 school he could get canned after 3 years but at TU he has the job pretty much until retirement. 2) Any P5 school looking at Fritz is also going to look at the rest of the AAC coaches and there are several options that are at least equal to Fritz and much younger.
+1,000. These are the main two reasons that I’m optimistic that Fritz will stay a long time—and eventually will unveil the life size statue of him that we will someday build in Yulman Plaza. The only other factor is how he and his family feel about living in N.O.
I hope the statue is a 70+ year old coach Fritz body surfing over his players celebrating win #300!
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
HoustonWave
Tsunami

golfnut69 wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 6:55 am Tanner Lee may be available
Great idea!!! Worthy of the Tanner Lee thread.😁
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

HoustonWave wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:23 am
golfnut69 wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 6:55 am Tanner Lee may be available
Great idea!!! Worthy of the Tanner Lee thread.😁
Pushin' for a hundred
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

We have 5 tough games coming up. Let’s see how things go. Tulane can only do so much financially. There’s always going to be higher paying and higher profile schools that come looking when you have success. The AAC has been a coaches stepping stone to the P5.
If WF stays he could be our Bobby Bowden. Love to see Will Hall stay and work with Justin Ibieta next year.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Can he keep WF and Hall:

https://theathletic.com/1301115/2019/10 ... will-hall/

Hope so but a good AD has that list ready.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

Bicoastalwave wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:12 pm Theres a thread about this on Yoggie and the AAC board both discussing fritz and hall. The Atheltic wrote an article about and there are atleast two big national lists that have fritz and hall prominently positioned. Guess what, its not too soon to discuss.
At the end of the day, this is a Tulane sports discussion forum. Anything is game and up for debate. That’s what great about GOTULA and any of these boards. Opinions. Facts. Whatever. It goes both ways.

If you think it, post about it. If you want to discuss, respond. If not, move on to the next topic.
Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
winwave
Top of the WAVE

NOLABigSteve wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:19 am
At the end of the day, this is a Tulane sports discussion forum. Anything is game and up for debate. That’s what great about GOTULA and any of these boards. Opinions. Facts. Whatever. It goes both ways.

If you think it, post about it. If you want to discuss, respond. If not, move on to the next topic.
This.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Aberzombie1892
Swell

HoustonWave wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:19 am
And in every televised Tulane game, the fourth string ESPN announcers are constantly pimping Fritz and Hall. You would think the announcers are their agents. The moment of truth is coming for Tulane—do we step up and write the checks (telling the world that we are serious about sustaining football success), or proudly grasp a permanent second tier existence?
The issue is that Fritz is always pumped up and mentioned for jobs, this even happened during his first season at Tulane. None of that is new, and, the near future of the program rides on how well he finishes the season given how relatively weak the first half of the schedule was outside of Auburn.
AugWave
Swell

The media will continue to use Tulane as a stepping stone until we consistently win football games. The turnaround isn't all about Willie Fritz, it's about the entire athletic department AND the current president wanting to win.

If Fritz or whoever leaves, I'm confident we'll hire the right person and keep the train rolling. I don't think Fritz leaves unless it's for the perfect opportunity. And honestly, Tulane may be his perfect opportunity. Building a consistent winner and winning 7-10 games a year with a couple of lulls can gain you legendary status here. And I'm not even going to mention how Tulane would be mentioned if the Big 12 starts leaking news of expansion. They want Tulane to be good in sports because we would be an easy add. Great academics, good sports in a great sports city that can host huge games.
I don't yell. I don't scream. I don't argue. I just hit 'em over the head with a bottle.
greenphantom
Swell

No one said the topic shouldn’t be discussed. However, a response that it’s a bit premature at this point is very valid. Don’t start a thread asking a question if you only want to hear from those who agree with you.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

greenphantom wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:58 am
No one said the topic shouldn’t be discussed. However, a response that it’s a bit premature at this point is very valid. Don’t start a thread asking a question if you only want to hear from those who agree with you.
Exactly!

Commenting that it's premature is part of the discussion.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Sure you can say it’s premature. . . Although clearly many national media outlets, fans and every AD & President don’t think that’s the case.

I hope the fritz statue is him crowd surfing after beating the school upriver.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

greenphantom wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:58 am

I started the thread. I have never said I only want to hear from those agreeing. If you can't handle my responses in the discussion that's on you . You called the thread out and I pointed out how it's clearly a valid thread and many voiced their agreement. Like Steve said continue on with the discussion or move on.
greenphantom
Swell

Bicoastalwave wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:24 pm Sure you can say it’s premature. . . Although clearly many national media outlets, fans and every AD & President don’t think that’s the case.

No one nationally is discussing potential replacements for Fritz and Hall at this point. That’s the question that was posed. Not whether or not they may be in line for bigger jobs.
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

greenphantom wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:58 amNo one said the topic shouldn’t be discussed. However, a response that it’s a bit premature at this point is very valid. Don’t start a thread asking a question if you only want to hear from those who agree with you.
I agree with you. Here, everyone's opinion is valid. All I'm saying is that people are going to agree or disagree with most any opinion. What is premature to some isn't to others, and vice versa. I was just trying to point out to both sides that any response or reaction is always valid. Carry on :-)
Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
winwave
Top of the WAVE

greenphantom wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:12 pm
Bicoastalwave wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:24 pm Sure you can say it’s premature. . . Although clearly many national media outlets, fans and every AD & President don’t think that’s the case.

No one nationally is discussing potential replacements for Fritz and Hall at this point. That’s the question that was posed. Not whether or not they may be in line for bigger jobs.
As I posted above it's out there that they may be gone. The natural progression is who would replace them. Also as I have pointed out some had already started that discussion in other threads. I didn't care to see that in threads such as game threads so I created this thread in the hopes of preventing that. Again you're welcome. As for the chosen title most everybody has seen that it encompasses whether they will be leaving or not too.
greenphantom
Swell

NOLABigSteve wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:15 pm
greenphantom wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:58 amNo one said the topic shouldn’t be discussed. However, a response that it’s a bit premature at this point is very valid. Don’t start a thread asking a question if you only want to hear from those who agree with you.
I agree with you. Here, everyone's opinion is valid. All I'm saying is that people are going to agree or disagree with most any opinion. What is premature to some isn't to others, and vice versa. I was just trying to point out to both sides that any response or reaction is always valid. Carry on :-)
Understood but he who likes to argue took your response as validating his attempt at using the gaslighting method to dismiss the opinions of those who feel it’s premature with 5 tough games left as if we were just having a problem with him starting the discussion and wanted it removed. It’s not thread. It’s the sniping, passive aggressive replies and always having to be right about everything and getting the last word in. The 100 pages on Tanner Lee proves he’s not infallible and probably should be a bit more open to alternative opinions.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

greenphantom wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:34 pm
NOLABigSteve wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:15 pm
Understood but he who likes to argue took your response as validating his attempt at using the gaslighting method to dismiss the opinions of those who feel it’s premature with 5 tough games left as if we were just having a problem with him starting the discussion and wanted it removed. It’s not thread. It’s the sniping, passive aggressive replies and always having to be right about everything and getting the last word in. The 100 pages on Tanner Lee proves he’s not infallible and probably should be a bit more open to alternative opinions.
So now you read minds. I appreciated the way Steve succinctly summed up how message boards work. I didn't attempt to dismiss anyone's opinions. I simply responded. As you've said if you can't handle those responses don't post your opinion.Also it's disingenuous to say it wasn't about the thread as you made clear in several post that it was upsetting to you and preventing you from enjoying the season. I have admitted I'm not always right . You don't want to admit that because it derails your narrative. As to TL you were among those claiming he'd have to go to an FCS to get playing time. Well while you were in your claimed three year coma he left and won the starting job at a P5. He then got drafted into the NFL. So it didn't prove your point.
GreenLantern
Riptide

We may disagree about discussing what-if scenarios with Coach Fritz, but not the Athletic:

https://theathletic.com/1301115/2019/10 ... dailyemail
austxwave
High Tide

I wish Tulane fans could learn to live in the moment. Stop worrying about the future. If he's done such a great job that Coach Fritz has opportunities after the season, then we had a fantastic season. Isn't that what we all want? LIVE IN THE PRESENT AND ENJOY IT
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Tulane fans are living in the moment. Several here have responded just that to post just like yours. It's not mutually exclusive to enjoy the moment and discuss this topic.