Memphis Game Thread

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
RobertM320
Green Wave

winwave wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:12 pm Just win baby:

https://www.nola.com/sports/tulane/arti ... fd3df.html

Looking to go 1-0 .
The defense held the Huskies scoreless until their last drive of the game, when the Wave had four true freshman defensive backs, a true freshman rush end, a freshman lineman and a walk-on tackle playing.
We're developing the young guys! Six freshmen and a walk-on in on defense for the last drive. Would have been nice to get the shutout, but long term the experience is more valuable.

"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
AugWave
Swell

Ain't nobody scared of Memphis. Let's roll through, collect that DUB and roll out.

Roll Wave.
I don't yell. I don't scream. I don't argue. I just hit 'em over the head with a bottle.
squilz
Low Tide

Looking likely that I'll be making the drive up this weekend. Any idea where a specific visitors section is, or whatever section wave fans seem to be congregating?
Forever TU
Surge

squilz wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:49 am Looking likely that I'll be making the drive up this weekend. Any idea where a specific visitors section is, or whatever section wave fans seem to be congregating?
Not sure on section as I haven’t received my tickets yet but local alumni club is doing a tailgate:

https://alumni.tulane.edu/s/1586/Alumni ... code=183D1
squilz
Low Tide

Forever TU wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:31 pm
squilz wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:49 am Looking likely that I'll be making the drive up this weekend. Any idea where a specific visitors section is, or whatever section wave fans seem to be congregating?
Not sure on section as I haven’t received my tickets yet but local alumni club is doing a tailgate:

my trip has turned into a whole 5 person family event now, dad is from memphis so we were planning to just go to a preferred bbq spot saturday ~noon. Cousin and some of his buddies are recent memphis grads and have a tailgate planned as well, we didn't find the official Auburn tailgate to be worth the $40 tbh

We're in section 122, unfortunately right next to the student section I think. Although I'm expecting the Tulane turnout will be one of the biggest we've had at an away game in years. (definitely going to Ernestine and Hazel's after the game though)
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

squilz wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:11 pm

my trip has turned into a whole 5 person family event now, dad is from memphis so we were planning to just go to a preferred bbq spot saturday ~noon. Cousin and some of his buddies are recent memphis grads and have a tailgate planned as well, we didn't find the official Auburn tailgate to be worth the $40 tbh

We're in section 122, unfortunately right next to the student section I think. Although I'm expecting the Tulane turnout will be one of the biggest we've had at an away game in years. (definitely going to Ernestine and Hazel's after the game though)
I agree on the value of the last tailgate. We are going up again (party of 6) and we didn’t feel the $40 Auburn TG was worth it either. So this trip we’ll be hitting the actual Central BBQ for lunch that’s providing the $40 TG at Memphis. Then we’ll head over to the Liberty Bowl after some local sightseeing. Roll Wave!
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

squilz wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:11 pm

Sounds like a lot of fun. Enjoy and pull the Wave through!
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Houma de Wave
Swell

Tulane's ticket allotment is in Section 115. My brother and I are heading up on Friday.
GreenLantern
Riptide

Wish there was a Tulane bus group making the game.

BTW, not a lot of discussion this week about the fact that Will Hall was the OC at Memphis last year. Wonder how much insight he can contribute.
nawlinspete
Riptide

GreenLantern wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:14 pm Wish there was a Tulane bus group making the game.

BTW, not a lot of discussion this week about the fact that Will Hall was the OC at Memphis last year. Wonder how much insight he can contribute.
Cuts both ways ; they know his proclivities , too .
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
nawlinspete
Riptide

After being on assignment at West Point is Guery working the Memphis game from Memphis , showing additional increased commitment to us from the local fish wrap ?
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
RobertM320
Green Wave

GreenLantern wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:14 pm Wish there was a Tulane bus group making the game.

I don't think he was the OC at Memphis last season. Just the TE coach.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
Forever TU
Surge

RobertM320 wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:42 pm

I don't think he was the OC at Memphis last season. Just the TE coach.
Yes he was their TE coach.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

This is a big game coming up. Let's please stay on topic. It can be posted in the proper thread.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Eaglewave
Swell

Come on fellas, we have to learn how to embrace success. We are just 5-1, and many of you are concerned about losing coaches. Let’s revisit this after we get an invitation to major bowl game or after we have consistent 10 win seasons. Fritz is focusing on beating Memphis.
Ball Sumrall!
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

Memphis game only in this thread please.
Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
winwave
Top of the WAVE

DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Is the game at noon or 6 PM? Need to set the DVR, though I am blocked off Saturday evening because I thought it was a 6 PM CST start. The kickoff countdown clock indicates a noon CST starting time.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
winwave
Top of the WAVE

The game is at 6.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Best Moments at Midterm:

https://advocate-la.newsmemory.com/?edi ... %20Orleans&

Go to sports page two.

Glad for the pub but he was wrong when he said we did two kneel downs before the fake.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Memphis' RS freshman RB Kenneth Gainwell was picked 2nd team AP Midseason All-American .
Wave QB
Swell

This game will answer the question if we are the real deal or not. Memphis is a good football team that should still be undefeated. If we beat them, we will set ourselves up to lead the division. SMU has Temple-Houston-Memphis up. With the way they looked vs Tulsa, non of those games are a given. This game reminds me of the ECU game in the dome a few years back, but it’s bigger. We a closing in on a top 25 ranking. I truly believe we can do it, but it’s going to be tough. If we lose, we are still in a good place.
galvezwave
Swell

Ive watched as much AAC football as I could this season. Tried to watch without the green glasses. I honestly don’t see a more complete team in the conference. Even without the ability to play clean. Hopefully the country will see Saturday. If it does , that buzz will keep getting louder and louder.
Eaglewave
Swell

galvezwave wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:21 pm Ive watched as much AAC football as I could this season. Tried to watch without the green glasses. I honestly don’t see a more complete team in the conference. Even without the ability to play clean. Hopefully the country will see Saturday. If it does , that buzz will keep getting louder and louder.

I agree. If our defense plays well, we will not lose this game. Defense will be the name of the game for both teams.
Ball Sumrall!
Wave755
Tsunami

Eaglewave wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:51 pm
galvezwave wrote: Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:21 pm Ive watched as much AAC football as I could this season. Tried to watch without the green glasses. I honestly don’t see a more complete team in the conference. Even without the ability to play clean. Hopefully the country will see Saturday. If it does , that buzz will keep getting louder and louder.

I agree. If our defense plays well, we will not lose this game. Defense will be the name of the game for both teams.
Eagle, who have the Memphis Tigers played this year? They beat a bad Ole Miss team in an ugly 15 to 10 win and beat a decent Navy team 35 to 23. But, just the same, the Tigers lost last Saturday to a decent Temple team 30 to 28. Southern B.R., So. Alabama & UL-M are “tomato cans.” Last year we rushed for 5.7 yards a carry against these guys while Memphis rushed for only 1.5 yards a carry against the Wave. I think we can run on Memphis and will get a big effort from the defense. A win over Memphis should do the trick for the Wave getting back in the top 25 for both polls for the first time in over 20 years. :D