Todd Graffagnini

The board for former Green Wave players and coaches.
GreenLantern
Riptide

See, you don't have to have years of emotional investment in a team to exhibit enthusiasm. Man, I miss this. (This one belongs to the Pels.)

winwave
Top of the WAVE

So you don't think TG was a Pels fan before now? :mrgreen:
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

onward to 100
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

GreenLantern wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:34 pm See, you don't have to have years of emotional investment in a team to exhibit enthusiasm. Man, I miss this. (This one belongs to the Pels.)

I am NOT an NBA fan. I do think Pelicans fans will really, really enjoy Zion Williamson so long as they don't expect NBA finals his first year. Remember how young he is! But you'll enjoy the enthusiasm he brings, and the fact that he seems to just really enjoy the game without being your typical NBA thug.

That all said, I'll listen to these highlights of Graf every time someone posts them. He really is a great broadcaster, and the passion and excitement is a joy to listen to. Who knows, maybe he'll make me a Pels fan!
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

I use to go the Buc's and then the Jazz game's...had season tickets for the Rockets, back in the day of Rudy T, Mike Newlin and Calvin Murphy.... but have not been to an NBA game in years...best of luck to Graff... I am sure he will do well
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
squilz
Low Tide

still sad we won't have him. calling sports radio is an art and graff is picasso
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

DfromCT wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:20 pm
GreenLantern wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:34 pm See, you don't have to have years of emotional investment in a team to exhibit enthusiasm. Man, I miss this. (This one belongs to the Pels.)

I am NOT an NBA fan. I do think Pelicans fans will really, really enjoy Zion Williamson so long as they don't expect NBA finals his first year. Remember how young he is! But you'll enjoy the enthusiasm he brings, and the fact that he seems to just really enjoy the game without being your typical NBA thug.

That all said, I'll listen to these highlights of Graf every time someone posts them. He really is a great broadcaster, and the passion and excitement is a joy to listen to. Who knows, maybe he'll make me a Pels fan!
I haven’t been much of an NBA fan since Pistol left. However watching Zion has rejuvenated my interest. I watched both preseason games and listened to some of Graff last night. The only problem is you can’t stream NBA games without a premium pass subscription for it on Tune-In. So you need to be local and catch the radio broadcast. I turned off the TV sound and listened on an old radio I found to simulcast and Graff was great. He’s already a seasoned pro on the Pels. I’ll definitely watch all their games and attend some this season. They are young and very energetic with bench depth. Gentry going to have a hard time finding minutes for all those guys. Outside of Zion and Holiday they are all pretty close to being equal in talent.
On ESPN’s first take they opened with a 15 minute segment on Zion today.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

I hope Pels fans can keep in mind that Zion turned 19 in July. He's a big guy, and a hell of a player, but Pels fans need to give him a chance to grow into the NBA. He will eventually be the player that makes all around him better, and, if he stays healthy and has a good supporting cast, will take the Pelicans to where they want to go. He's the real deal, just very young.

And I love that he's been to 2 Tulane football games!
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Some pelicans fans (a few online only) who suspiciously were on the Shitty LSU tiger board, are speaking poorly of Graff for being a homer and being too excited. I don’t know which part of that statement I hate the most.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

The pelicans are a super young, fun and deep team. Zion says all the right things and always has a smile on his face. I’m a big fan
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Bicoastalwave wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:53 pm The pelicans are a super young, fun and deep team. Zion says all the right things and always has a smile on his face. I’m a big fan
This

And screw any LSU/Pelicans fans that don't like Graf. Tell them they don't know what they're missing.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

DfromCT wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:35 pm I hope Pels fans can keep in mind that Zion turned 19 in July. He's a big guy, and a hell of a player, but Pels fans need to give him a chance to grow into the NBA. He will eventually be the player that makes all around him better, and, if he stays healthy and has a good supporting cast, will take the Pelicans to where they want to go. He's the real deal, just very young.

D- Everyone here gets that he's young. The Pels have gone out of their way to shield him from overwhelming expectations. They've made sure everyone knows it's Jrue Holiday's team. Jrue has embraced that. They've also done a good job of enhancing the roster. The turnover is much like Tulane but with higher quality talent.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

FSNSW Pelicans Insider with Jen Hale just did a 5 minute feature interview with Graff. She did a nice job with the interview. Hope it’s online somewhere so I could share.
Tulane Class of 1981
IM42lane
Swell

Jaxwave wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:55 am You had me going. I loved Bruce and Wayne. Funny story. When I was in school just prior to a Tulane away game against Miami one of the players told me that Tulane was going to run a double reverse flea flicker on the opening play. As the first pitch happened Bruce and Wayne were so excited they discontinued calling the play just saying stuff like How bout that. The Greenies are already pulling out all stops. Then went to 2nd and 10. Wasn’t until the next day we learned the play broke wide open but pass was bad. They were a riot.
Bruce’s best call I ever heard was the punt return by Joe Bullard at Illinois which was Bruce’s home area. Bullard broke 9 tackles and from a pure return status was better than That Halloween return up the river.
Never heard Bruce and Wayne’s call of the 1973 win over LSU. If anybody’s got that I would love to hear it.
The YouTube version is John Ferguson who did a great job for a visiting announcer.
Moi aussi, SF!!!!
Regards,
"Pete" Madere
GreenLantern
Riptide

DfromCT wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:35 pm I hope Pels fans can keep in mind that Zion turned 19 in July. He's a big guy, and a hell of a player, but Pels fans need to give him a chance to grow into the NBA. He will eventually be the player that makes all around him better, and, if he stays healthy and has a good supporting cast, will take the Pelicans to where they want to go. He's the real deal, just very young.

And I've seen him at at least one basketball game! He didn't get to enjoy much of his college experience so perhaps he can live it vicariously through Tulane.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

golfnut69 wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:58 pm I use to go the Buc's and then the Jazz game's...had season tickets for the Rockets, back in the day of Rudy T, Mike Newlin and Calvin Murphy.... but have not been to an NBA game in years...best of luck to Graff... I am sure he will do well
Golf, I frequented the Rockets in that same era. Started watching Rudy T, Newlin, Jack Marin and Murph in Hofeinz and then on to The Summit. The NBA was fun to watch back then, team work and lots of ball movement, as opposed to today’s isolation offenses and three-point fests.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
Jaxwave
Swell

IM42lane wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:47 pm
Jaxwave wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:55 am You had me going. I loved Bruce and Wayne. Funny story. When I was in school just prior to a Tulane away game against Miami one of the players told me that Tulane was going to run a double reverse flea flicker on the opening play. As the first pitch happened Bruce and Wayne were so excited they discontinued calling the play just saying stuff like How bout that. The Greenies are already pulling out all stops. Then went to 2nd and 10. Wasn’t until the next day we learned the play broke wide open but pass was bad. They were a riot.
Bruce’s best call I ever heard was the punt return by Joe Bullard at Illinois which was Bruce’s home area. Bullard broke 9 tackles and from a pure return status was better than That Halloween return up the river.
Never heard Bruce and Wayne’s call of the 1973 win over LSU. If anybody’s got that I would love to hear it.
The YouTube version is John Ferguson who did a great job for a visiting announcer.
Moi aussi, SF!!!!
Pete, hope you are doing well.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

IM42lane wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:47 pm
Moi aussi, SF!!!!
Would love to hear that play by play call !!
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Tulane Class of 1981
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

I know it was posted previously, or at least was part of the post of Graf's greatest calls. But this call of Jake Rodgers HR to beat Ole Miss is such a classic, I thought folks might enjoy it during the dog days of summer and COVID.

https://soundcloud.com/learfield-audio/ ... ers-hr-604

Roll, Graf!
Roll, Wave!
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Great opportunity for Graff here!
Strief replaced Jim Henderson as 'The Voice of the Saints' in 2018 will now coach the OL
https://www.wwltv.com/video/sports/nfl/ ... a8fbb1fd7d
Tulane Class of 1981
GreenLantern
Riptide

tpstulane wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 5:01 am Great opportunity for Graff here!
Strief replaced Jim Henderson as 'The Voice of the Saints' in 2018 will now coach the OL
I would love to see Graf in the play-by-play role for the Saints. He brings excitement to the broadcast booth by letting his emotions show. He’s an unapologetic homer and that’s my preference when listening to a game on the radio. Alegretta, on the other hand, seems incapable of showing excitement. Although Andrew may be a highly competent announcer, it seems that he doesn’t care if Tulane wins or loses as long as he calls the game efficiently.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

GreenLantern wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 6:44 am
tpstulane wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 5:01 am Great opportunity for Graff here!
I would love to see Graf in the play-by-play role for the Saints. He brings excitement to the broadcast booth by letting his emotions show. He’s an unapologetic homer and that’s my preference when listening to a game on the radio. Alegretta, on the other hand, seems incapable of showing excitement. Although Andrew may be a highly competent announcer, it seems that he doesn’t care if Tulane wins or loses as long as he calls the game efficiently.
I tend to agree. That was a top 10 ESPN play for sure it would’ve been great to have Graff make that call.
Tulane Class of 1981
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Hopefully the Saints announce something soon. He’d be a great replacement for Zach.

https://www.showbizjobs.com/jobs/enterc ... jid-dy81w3
Tulane Class of 1981
Pepper
Swell

tpstulane wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 9:48 am Hopefully the Saints announce something soon. He’d be a great replacement for Zach.

https://www.showbizjobs.com/jobs/enterc ... jid-dy81w3
absolutely.
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.