Justin Ibieta

Talk about the latest recruits here.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

To be honest there probably weren't 8,000 there.

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
ajcalhoun
Swell

winwave wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 2:26 pm To be honest there probably weren't 8,000 there.
I was being generous with that number. I figured a 23,600-seat stadium that was about two/thirds empty.

I was very disappointed by the crowd. I thought it was a big enough game to drum up some real support. I got a friend of mine, a double-Tulane grad, to come to a game for the first time since '14. I thought others would be excited, too. You couldn't ask for a better game!

Attendance just has to get better. It has to.
God Bless Everyone!
winwave
Top of the WAVE

I figured you were being generous. We were all hoping for a bigger crowd. Thursday nights are a killer. Nothing Tulane could do about it. We have three this year that's why it was disappointing that Tulane chose to play the first one on Thursday. Some didn't renew this year knowing there were three games they wouldn't be able to make. Glad for the exposure but the trade off is disappointing crowd.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
RobertM320
Green Wave

winwave wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 6:27 pm I figured you were being generous. We were all hoping for a bigger crowd. Thursday nights are a killer. Nothing Tulane could do about it. We have three this year that's why it was disappointing that Tulane chose to play the first one on Thursday. Some didn't renew this year knowing there were three games they wouldn't be able to make. Glad for the exposure but the trade off is disappointing crowd.
Not sure where you see three on the schedule. I only see two, FIU and Houston.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
winwave
Top of the WAVE

RobertM320 wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:33 pm
winwave wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 6:27 pm I figured you were being generous. We were all hoping for a bigger crowd. Thursday nights are a killer. Nothing Tulane could do about it. We have three this year that's why it was disappointing that Tulane chose to play the first one on Thursday. Some didn't renew this year knowing there were three games they wouldn't be able to make. Glad for the exposure but the trade off is disappointing crowd.
Not sure where you see three on the schedule. I only see two, FIU and Houston.
You're right. It is two. I went by what others told me. So instead of half one third of the home games are on Thursdays. It's a tough night. Especially as far as building our young fan base. Hopefully we keep winning and UCF does the same and we get a true sell out for that game.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

The exposure was immense. On a Sat we would have been an afterthought.
wave97
Swell

tpstulane wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:56 pm
DfromCT wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:23 pm
tpstulane wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:47 pm
winwave wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:20 am Prep Player of the Week:

https://www.nola.com/sports/high_school ... c770e.html
Great! 6 TD passes. Joe Borrow who?
I’ll be there Friday night at Yulman. Chain Gang going also.
Both of you let us know if you think he's ready to play on a MUCH bigger stage. Unless I misunderstand the HS division rankings, he's playing at a very low level of competition. We know he's an incredible athlete from his accomplishments across Football, Basketball and Baseball. But can he go from 1A high school football to AAC?

Is Leonard Kelly from Karr still not committed?

I still am excited to see more from Ibieta, I hope he comes here and is a 4 year starter and leads us to great heights.
They play up Schedule wise but their enrollment fell just short of 2A so they officially dropped down to 1A for district games.
Newman is barely at 2A yet Manning will be the #1 pick in the NFL draft in 7-8 years. Take that to the bank.
I hope the Manning kid gets a degree in dentistry and lives a wonderful quiet life in obscurity. He'll probably play at Duke and go on to great success in the NFL. So sad.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Great story in today’s Advocate on the huge crowd for Newman/CD
Everyone loved Yulman
https://www.nola.com/sports/high_school ... 85e48.html
“That’s the biggest Newman crowd I’ve ever seen,” Newman coach Nelson Stewart said Friday after his team won against Country Day. “And I try not to get caught looking in the stands very much.”
“Hats off to both schools for pulling this off,” Stewart said. “I think we showed we could pack the stadium. I thought we did a really good job in terms of the support in the game. Good job by both schools in terms of coming together in such a great venue.”
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

mbawavefan12 wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 12:02 am
The exposure was immense. On a Sat we would have been an afterthought.
As I said I am glad for the exposure. We wouldn't have gotten the same on Saturday but that ending wouldn't have been an afterthought and it would have been done in front of a lot more fans. I hope we whip Army. Then I wish we had a more attractive opponent at the next home game so we could start drawing more. Unfortunately UCANT flat out sucks so attendance will likely be low again. Hope I'm wrong.
GreenLantern
Riptide

If you didn't make the game, here's a replay on youtube. Even if you only watch the first drive, you'll be excited about what you see from Ibieta. Yulman looks better in this video than it does in many college game broadcasts.:

Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Ugh so there were more people at the Newman Country day game than we’ve had all year ?

Looking forward to homecoming and UCF
austxwave
High Tide

I thought the crowd was decent but nowhere near what we draw. I'd bet 3-4,000 people tops.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

The Westfeldt Club area was closed. The Glazer level was completely full inside and out. The Press Box side was around 3/4’s. Both End Zone’s were pretty much empty. Don’t know what each side section seats. But it was easily more than 4,000 there.
Tulane Class of 1981
austxwave
High Tide

tpstulane wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:22 pm The Westfeldt Club area was closed. The Glazer level was completely full inside and out. The Press Box side was around 3/4’s. Both End Zone’s were pretty much empty. Don’t know what each side section seats. But it was easily more than 4,000 there.

You're out of your mind. Look at the CD stands at the 1 hour 18 minute mark around the kickoff and tell me again that side was 3/4 full. I recommend you go to a better opthamologist or optometrist.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

onward to 100 pages !!!!
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

austxwave wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 12:23 am
tpstulane wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:22 pm The Westfeldt Club area was closed. The Glazer level was completely full inside and out. The Press Box side was around 3/4’s. Both End Zone’s were pretty much empty. Don’t know what each side section seats. But it was easily more than 4,000 there.

You're out of your mind. Look at the CD stands at the 1 hour 18 minute mark around the kickoff and tell me again that side was 3/4 full. I recommend you go to a better opthamologist or optometrist.
No need for that. High school kids are constantly walking around and rarely sit. There was confusion as to what side the home team’s fans were to sit by. Initially the Country Day fans were sitting on the Glazer side commingling with Newman fans. At some point they all began to leave and go over to the press box side. You need to look later at the point where the crowd is at its largest. The crowd at the point you mentioned was sparse. But having been there it would grow then reduce. These kids were constantly roaming the stadium socializing. Most of the parents sit and watch.
Read the Newman coaches comments on crowd size. I guess he needs a better optometrist also. 🤔
Tulane Class of 1981
anEngineer
Riptide

golfnut69 wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:11 am onward to 100 pages !!!!
This kid has 6 pages already and he's not even here for another year.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Random Question: Who are the best teams and biggest draws in Louisiana football ? What’s the attendance record for high school in Louisiana ?

Will Yulman see any monster high school game ?
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Bicoastalwave wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:51 am Random Question: Who are the best teams and biggest draws in Louisiana football ? What’s the attendance record for high school in Louisiana ?

Will Yulman see any monster high school game ?
Each Classification has at least a team or two that can draw well.
Most of the Catholic league teams if winning draw well. Jesuit, Curtis, BM, Newman, are some locals that come to mind. Rival games also tend to draw the most.
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Tough matchup coming up. Good luck Justin:

https://www.nola.com/sports/high_school ... 73316.html
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:34 am Tough matchup coming up. Good luck Justin:

https://www.nola.com/sports/high_school ... 73316.html
For sure. The Cajuns in tough here. Just might be Justin’s last HS FB game.
Tulane Class of 1981
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Country Day stuns #1 Vermilion Catholic on the road 21-19. Justin advances to semi’s!
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Good to hear!
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Tulane Class of 1981