9/11

Discuss anything else athletic or non-athletic related that doesn't belong on the main Tulane athletics forum.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Today is an anniversary I would rather not celebrate. But the thing I think of more than anything else is how our Great Nation came together on 9/11 and the days that followed. We are ONE NATION UNDER GOD, and it's just horrible how divided we've become since then. It's not about liberals versus democrats, it's about us being a united nation.

And yes, I lost friends and former colleagues in the World Trade Center.

9/12 was something that was beautiful and exemplified how great our nation can be. I hope we don't need another terrorist attack to get back to that unified feeling where Democrat, Republican, Liberal, Conservative means less than AMERICAN.

" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Flags across the my yard, to honor those who lost their lives...I began placing them at 7:46 central time....the time the first plane hit the Towers
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

Watch this. 13 minutes. Well worth your time!
Last edited by mbawavefan12 on Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Thank you so much for sharing that.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

DfromCT wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:36 pm Thank you so much for sharing that.
Brings tears to my eyes every year.

“What would you do?” Means a lot to many situations in life, big and small.