Missouri State Game Thread

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Moving forward we play a bad FCS team. They have gone 4-7, 3-8 and 4-7 the last three seasons. No one, players, coaches or fans, has tried to declare last night a moral victory which is new for us. Everyone is frustrated by missing out on the opportunity to pull a major upset. Fritz' teams have usually had one clunker of a game each season. Will the team have too much of a hangover for this game? I don't think so. Let's pound them.

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
greenie78
Riptide

Hopefully this is a game where it’s over by halftime and we’ll see backups in the second half since we have a huge game on a Thursday night.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

greenie78 wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:46 pm Hopefully this is a game where it’s over by halftime and we’ll see backups in the second half since we have a huge game on a Thursday night.
We should be able to see the 2nd stringers by halftime and the 3rd string, even some players that will ultimately red shirt this year, in the second half.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Tulane favored by 29.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

I want to see a high scoring affair. More importantly, I want to see a better disciplined team. We need to bring down that penalty average.
Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
oliveandblue
Surge

winwave wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:16 pm Tulane favored by 29.
That might be a good line. This may be another game where we don't play starters the whole way. JMac needs to get back on track after a poor showing vs. Auburn.

45-14. Tulane gets to 2-1 and sets up for a HUGE tilt at home with Houston.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

oliveandblue wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:09 pm
That might be a good line. This may be another game where we don't play starters the whole way. JMac needs to get back on track after a poor showing vs. Auburn.

Agree about the line. What I want is to see total domination in the first half and then get to see Howard run the offense.
RobertM320
Green Wave

winwave wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:45 pm
oliveandblue wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:09 pm

Agree about the line. What I want is to see total domination in the first half and then get to see Howard run the offense.
As long as they let him run the offense and not just handoff for two quarters.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Right. That’s why I said run the offense. He needs game action. He’s pretty much what we have for next season unless we start a true freshman. Of course we could get another transfer but it would be nice to see what we have in him.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:05 pm Right. That’s why I said run the offense. He needs game action. He’s pretty much what we have for next season unless we start a true freshman. Of course we could get another transfer but it would be nice to see what we have in him.
Unless something has drastically changed, we know what Keon Howard gives us. He'll be very similar to McMillan: has some arm, can run, but is extremely inconsistent. He's played more at this level than McMillan, there's no shortage of tape. The offense he ran at USM is very similar to ours.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

He’s been here for two years now so it may have changed. More importantly he hasn’t played in two years and is one snap away from being the starter so playing time is important.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:31 pm He’s been here for two years now so it may have changed. More importantly he hasn’t played in two years and is one snap away from being the starter so playing time is important.
And he'll be mediocre and look a lot like McMillan. He was far from anything special at USM. Maybe Coach Hall can get a performance out of him like he did McMillan in game one. But our QB play was dreadful in game 2. It has to get better or we're not winning a division title.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

You've never seen him play. I have. He runs better than McMillan and his passing was better than advertised in the practices and scrimmages I've seen. He's the clear front runner for the job next year. He needs to play.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:55 pm You've never seen him play. I have. He runs better than McMillan and his passing was better than advertised in the practices and scrimmages I've seen. He's the clear front runner for the job next year. He needs to play.
I'll take your word as to having seen him play. But his track record from USM was VERY inconsistent, and he turned the ball over. That's all I can go by, and it's a record from more starts than we've seen from McM. If you think he's vastly improved based upon what you've seen, ok. I haven't seen him like you have, I'll admit that
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

Bears Trek to Big Easy for FBS Battle With Tulane

https://missouristatebears.com/news/201 ... ulane.aspx
Roll Wave!
winwave
Top of the WAVE

DfromCT wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:59 pm
winwave wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:55 pm You've never seen him play. I have. He runs better than McMillan and his passing was better than advertised in the practices and scrimmages I've seen. He's the clear front runner for the job next year. He needs to play.
I'll take your word as to having seen him play. But his track record from USM was VERY inconsistent, and he turned the ball over. That's all I can go by, and it's a record from more starts than we've seen from McM. If you think he's vastly improved based upon what you've seen, ok. I haven't seen him like you have, I'll admit that
To be clear I'm not saying he's vastly improved. I'm saying he's a very capable runner and his passing abilities looked better than reports I had from others. You never know what you have in a player till you see him in a game. I'm not going to give up on him before I even see him perform for our team.
IM42lane
Swell

I honestly hope that Tulane does not "pound" this club. I hope that they can get ahead by 25+ and are able to play 2nd/3rd stringers in the second half. Resting the front-liners is needed, if possible.
Regards,
"Pete" Madere
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

I think our second and third string players should be able to extend a significant lead throughout the 2nd half. This is not a top FCS team, which we would have to worry about. This is a bad FCS team.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

NOLABigSteve
Riptide

Even if the starters are pulled early, this is a game where we should score at least in the 50's.
Roll Wave!
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

Tulane hosts Missouri State at Yulman Stadium on Saturday evening

https://crescentcitysports.com/tulane-h ... y-evening/
Roll Wave!
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

Roll Wave!
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

NOLABigSteve wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:18 pm Tulane hosts Missouri State at Yulman Stadium on Saturday evening

This a perfect time for a "Bas Pro" promotion...since Springfield Mizzou is the home of Bass Pro corp offices and Mizzou State U
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
winwave
Top of the WAVE

NOLABigSteve wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:18 pm Tulane hosts Missouri State at Yulman Stadium on Saturday evening

I hope those guys at CCS have success but that is straight from Tulane's site. They do that a lot.
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

winwave wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:59 pm

I hope those guys at CCS have success but that is straight from Tulane's site. They do that a lot.
I honestly didn't even read, it popped up in my Twitter feed.
Roll Wave!