Tulane tears apart the paper panthers 42 -14

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:26 am Hall Ball:

https://www.nola.com/sports/tulane/arti ... 74458.html
Now we have a daily countdown 🤦‍♂️
Quarterback Justin McMillan, who transferred from LSU a year and six days ago, could do no wrong.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

I'm still in awe of what I saw last night. I can't ever remember a Tulane team coming out the gate looking this polished and strong. Lots of things to correct, but man, not what I'm used to at all. ROLL WAVE!
Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

Roll Wave!
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

Roll Wave!
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

Roll Wave!
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Definitely shades of ‘97-98 seasons only we have a better defense today. Only thing going forward that can hurt us maybe turnovers. Auburn next weekend will tell us a lot with the step-up in competition.
Tulane Class of 1981
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Watching the highlights and reading the articles brings a tear to my eye. We have all waited so long for this. Many of you far longer than I. I know we should measure our excitement but I’m not going to bother. Next week cant get here soon enough.

Also is it time we start up the old Hall is the heir apparent to Willie conversation ?
HoustonWave
Tsunami

DfromCT wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:42 pm I didn't tune in to any of the radio broadcast. But I do miss Graf, and would love to hear him in a post game. Oh well, we all have to move on.

What were the thoughts of those of you that listened to the new guy? He had to be better than the ESPN announcers, one of which continued to call "Blackwell" as our ball carrier despite the color commentator pointing out his name was Bradwell.
As I watched the game on TV, I kept hearing them refer to “Blackwell”—I thought we had a player that I had completely overlooked.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Bicoastalwave wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:13 am Watching the highlights and reading the articles brings a tear to my eye. We have all waited so long for this. Many of you far longer than I. I know we should measure our excitement but I’m not going to bother. Next week cant get here soon enough.

Also is it time we start up the old Hall is the heir apparent to Willie conversation ?
I think Hall is a one and done for us. I just hope Willie and our other offensive coaches can learn and absorb from him. By this time next year, Hall will either be a head coach or SEC offensive coordinator. I’m just going to enjoy the ride we’re going to have this season. Willie found Hall, and I’m confident that he can replace Hall if need be.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
JDTulane
Riptide

Dominated on both sides of the ball. Some very costly holding penalties or it would've been even uglier. ROLL WAVE! But lets not overlook Auburn!!!!!!
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

It was a very enjoyable victory for our Green Wave. It's one game. We're 1-0, where we need to be. But there's a lot of competition ahead. Let's enjoy this win, and focus on continuing to play at or above the level we played last night.

Auburn will be a much, much tougher test. Their front 7 on D is better than ours. This isn't 1998.

But man, it was a great night and a lot of fun to watch.

ROLL WAVE!
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
galvezwave
Swell

DfromCT wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:47 pm Where is msdos?
JV is loaded this year
Wave755
Tsunami

tpstulane wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:48 am Definitely shades of ‘97-98 seasons only we have a better defense today. Only thing going forward that can hurt us maybe turnovers. Auburn next weekend will tell us a lot with the step-up in competition.
Thinking back 21 years, TPS, I believe our only Defensive Lineman on the '98 team who could start for this team would be Dennis O'Sullivan? This is the best Tulane D line of my time as a fan. Charlie Hall & Nathan Bell in '73 gave us 1/2 of a D line as good as the 2019 Wave.
anEngineer
Riptide

tpstulane wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:48 am Definitely shades of ‘97-98 seasons only we have a better defense today. Only thing going forward that can hurt us maybe turnovers. Auburn next weekend will tell us a lot with the step-up in competition.
And penalties!
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

This offense will open the door to recruiting highly skilled kids that want to play immediately.
Future for Tulane FB looks bright!
Tulane Class of 1981
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

Roll Wave!
winwave
Top of the WAVE

tpstulane wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:06 am

Quarterback Justin McMillan, who transferred from LSU a year and six days ago, could do no wrong.
LOL. Good one.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

NOLABigSteve wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:13 am I'm still in awe of what I saw last night. I can't ever remember a Tulane team coming out the gate looking this polished and strong. Lots of things to correct, but man, not what I'm used to at all. ROLL WAVE!
Fun , huh?
winwave
Top of the WAVE

HoustonWave wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:41 am
Bicoastalwave wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:13 am Watching the highlights and reading the articles brings a tear to my eye. We have all waited so long for this. Many of you far longer than I. I know we should measure our excitement but I’m not going to bother. Next week cant get here soon enough.

I think Hall is a one and done for us. I just hope Willie and our other offensive coaches can learn and absorb from him. By this time next year, Hall will either be a head coach or SEC offensive coordinator. I’m just going to enjoy the ride we’re going to have this season. Willie found Hall, and I’m confident that he can replace Hall if need be.
Remember a big part of this is our new OL coach has been with him before. If Hall goes he'd be good to consider. Good problem to have.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Wave755 wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:20 am
Thinking back 21 years, TPS, I believe our only Defensive Lineman on the '98 team who could start for this team would be Dennis O'Sullivan? This is the best Tulane D line of my time as a fan. Charlie Hall & Nathan Bell in '73 gave us 1/2 of a D line as good as the 2019 Wave.
How can you forget Olivari? That was a great line. We have much more depth with this one. It was fun to see us roll them in and out. Glad Sample was ok.
anEngineer
Riptide

winwave wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:17 am

LOL. Good one.
The story about the game on the AAC website (of all places) contains this jewel: McMillan, a graduate transfer from LSU, completed 14 of 18 passes and was not intercepted.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

This is how a good AAC team should beat a good CUSA team. Hope our conference mates do the same when the opportunities are presented. I hope FIU wins out so this looks real good at the end too.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

anEngineer wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:22 am
winwave wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:17 am

LOL. Good one.
The story about the game on the AAC website (of all places) contains this jewel: McMillan, a graduate transfer from LSU, completed 14 of 18 passes and was not intercepted.
Unreal.