2020 football recruiting

Talk about the latest recruits here.
RobertM320
Green Wave

Agreed, Dave. Consistency at a level most schools consider modest would be a milestone for us.

"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
GreenLantern
Riptide

Maybe this year.

Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Alright, sounds like a nice goal. I cant wait to wipe out that awful back to back bowl game stat that is constantly mentioned and used against us.

If we have one more bowl year my friends, alums and the tulane kids will start coming around.
Last edited by Bicoastalwave on Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

GreenLantern wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 7:58 pm Maybe this year.

:lol:
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
HoustonWave
Tsunami

winwave wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:28 pm R- I do realize that and thought I was clear on it. Everyone understands that quantity can skew the numbers. We do look at the quality and so far most of us like the way it's shaping up.
Exactly. And while Quality is foremost, Quantity still matters (ie depth). With the new 25 annual limit in new recruits, we should see pretty similar class sizes among all teams, as a team can no longer close a scholarship gap by signing more than 25 in one year. I don’t dig around and follow the recruiting status of other teams, but it’s hard to imagine that quantities will vary much, by the time recruiting is done.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
Wave755
Tsunami

GreenLantern wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 7:58 pm Maybe this year.

So far 247 has all 9 of our recruits rated 3 star and with an average rating of 8.40. https://247sports.com/college/tulane/Se ... l/Commits/

Further proof our problem was never the Superdome but instead Scott Cowen. The NFL is all about the quarterback, either you have a franchise quarterback or you don't; college football is all about the coach, Mike Shula was 6-6 for the regular season for his last year @ 'Bama. The Fitts-Dannen-Hertz trio went out and hired a "real coach" for Tulane football rather than a "shot in the dark" like Scelfo or CJ, or a washed-up bombast like "Buffet Bob" Toledo and his OC Dan Dodd. Very soon now we will be back to where Cowen found us in 1998. :D
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

Excited about the class, but a commitment these days is bupkis. Let's see who signs when the time comes.
Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
Ruski
Swell

I just poked around 24/7 and Angelo Anderson is the highest ranked 2020 player in the conference....really, really huge to hold onto this one!
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Ruski wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:20 pm I just poked around 24/7 and Angelo Anderson is the highest ranked 2020 player in the conference....really, really huge to hold onto this one!
As others have said, verbals mean nothing in July. Signatures in December and February mean everything. Let's hope we can hold all of our top recruits, but know that change is the one constant with recruiting classes until signing day.

Thanks for the heads up, I'm off to check out Angelo Anderson on 24/7! :mrgreen:
waveclem
Surge

Josh Remetich was on campus today and enjoyed his visit. Big time lineman from my Alma Mater, Holy Cross.
Would be an Incredible get considering his offer sheet is as long as a CVS receipt.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

waveclem wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 3:16 pm Josh Remetich was on campus today and enjoyed his visit. Big time lineman from my Alma Mater, Holy Cross.
Would be an Incredible get considering his offer sheet is as long as a CVS receipt.
does his "offer sheet" also include "coupons"
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

the committed coupon have been used

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
greenie78
Riptide

golfnut69 wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:06 pm the committed coupon have been used

Another amazing commitment.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Ruski
Swell

oh hell yes. Fitz already turned the D-Line into a juggernaut. Now if he do anything remotely similar for the O-Line.......we'll really be cooking with gas. Best thing about building strong lines is that it makes much, much easier to transition to a new coach. :mrgreen: :geek:
RobertM320
Green Wave

Serious commit right there, boys!

I know it'll drop some as other schools start to fill out their commits, but currently we're the #48 recruiting class in the country and #3 in the AAC.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

OL is hard to recruit. This is a huge get. He cares about academics and being local. Welcome aboard. He will get early playing time and develop, then hopefully go pro.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

mbawavefan12 wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:28 pm OL is hard to recruit. This is a huge get. He cares about academics and being local. Welcome aboard. He will get early playing time and develop, then hopefully go pro.
Let's hope he can help turn the tide and we start getting more local talented offensive lineman. Someone else said it but it bears repeating: If our O-Line could get to where our D-Line is (at the same time) we'd be damned tough to beat.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

GreenLantern
Riptide

golfnut69 wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:22 pm next commit from Mississippi ?
https://247sports.com/Recruitment/Trey- ... Interests/
[tweet][/tweet]
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Welcome to the Tulane Family, Trey!
greenie78
Riptide

We got another one!!!

[tweet][/tweet]

https://247sports.com/player/brandon-brown-46037427/
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Roll wave ! That’s a big looking guy. Had offers from Boise State, ULL & La Tech. It will be great when we at will can pick our preferred players from ULL & LaTech. Let’s continue this narrative that we are the established #2 program in Louisiana.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

The staff Willie has put together is doing a great job targeting and getting players that are a step up from what we were doing 3-4 years ago. I could only imagine what a 9 win season would do to take the next step.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

I just have to keep pinching myself about how this 2020 class is shaping up. Serious momentum is building—a strong 2019 season, and this program is going to take off like a rocket.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana