2019 FB Schedule

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

a tidbit from CFN regarding Army

Army should keep the fun going after a few amazing seasons under Jeff Monken, and it’ll find its way into some post-season game. Can the Knights possibly run all over Michigan on the road and run the table from there? The second-toughest game on the slate? Either Tulane, or at Hawaii.

Liberty U has a home n Home with Utah State
https://collegefootballnews.com/2019/01 ... 9-analysis

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Final Play on the local Fox affiliate had a nice 5 minute piece with WF. He talked about the experience we have coming back. Talked about strength's being the D-line , where he believes P. Johnson and Sample will play on Sunday's, and running back. Concerned about losses in the defensive backfield. One stated goal is winning back to back Bowl games for the first time. It was well done.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:48 pm Final Play on the local Fox affiliate had a nice 5 minute piece with WF. He talked about the experience we have coming back. Talked about strength's being the D-line , where he believes P. Johnson and Sample will play on Sunday's, and running back. Concerned about losses in the defensive backfield. One stated goal is winning back to back Bowl games for the first time. It was well done.
I couldn't find it with a google search. If you have a link, please post! ;)
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Ed Daniels did another Tulane feature last Wednesday. He had two of our better players in studio on for about 10 minutes.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

DfromCT wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:11 pm
winwave wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:48 pm Final Play on the local Fox affiliate had a nice 5 minute piece with WF. He talked about the experience we have coming back. Talked about strength's being the D-line , where he believes P. Johnson and Sample will play on Sunday's, and running back. Concerned about losses in the defensive backfield. One stated goal is winning back to back Bowl games for the first time. It was well done.
Here ya go:

https://www.fox8live.com/video/2019/07/ ... ew-season/
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:34 pm
Here ya go:

Thanks!
WF is really the perfect coach for our program. He’s not afraid to make needed adjustments. He’s shown improvement each year he’s been here. This season is going to really be exciting. Can’t wait for opening kickoff. Possibly 7 to 8 wins if we stay healthy.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
nawlinspete
Riptide

UCF QB has a broken ankle and is out "indefinitely".
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

nawlinspete wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:53 pm UCF QB has a broken ankle and is out "indefinitely".
to quite Phil Elliot ..'C'mon Doc, give me the needle"'...hell, attach a walking cast, eat a few HGH pills and he will be good to go by game 3.....
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

I think this was posted on another thread, but couldn't find it. This is a good look from our opposition:

https://auburn.rivals.com/news/auburn-t ... ve-preview
RobertM320
Green Wave

DfromCT wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:59 am I think this was posted on another thread, but couldn't find it. This is a good look from our opposition:

https://auburn.rivals.com/news/auburn-t ... ve-preview
We're catching them at a good spot in their season. After a season opening big intersectional P5 game vs Oregon, and two weeks before their first conference game vs Texas A&M.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Wave755
Tsunami

winwave wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 4:32 pm Making Waves:

https://www.nola.com/sports/tulane/arti ... d62db.html
Thanks, WW. A good article. And, first things first, let’s beat the Hell out of FIU on 8/29.👍🏻
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Wave755 wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:27 pm

Thanks, WW. A good article. And, first things first, let’s beat the Hell out of FIU on 8/29.👍🏻
I think the FIU game will be the litmus test for the season. If we come out and take care of business, this Tulane team will be in their way. If we come out and drop a load against FIU, look out, things could get very tough.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
GreenLantern
Riptide

HoustonWave wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:46 pm I think the FIU game will be the litmus test for the season. If we come out and take care of business, this Tulane team will be in their way. If we come out and drop a load against FIU, look out, things could get very tough.
It wouldn't be a Tulanish year if we didn't soil the bed clothes once or twice. I'll be happy with another bowl season, even if that means playing ULL again. As Tiger Woods so often said during his lost years, "It's a process.".
Wave755
Tsunami

HoustonWave wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 8:46 pm
Wave755 wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:27 pm

I think the FIU game will be the litmus test for the season. If we come out and take care of business, this Tulane team will be in their way. If we come out and drop a load against FIU, look out, things could get very tough.
In 2017 FIU beat us 23 to 10 @ Miami. Jonathan Banks was 5 of 13 for 36 yards; from his track record to date I feel confident Justin McMillan will not “stink up the place” against the Panthers @ Yulman on Thursday night, August 29th.

I believe we will win!!!
ajcalhoun
Swell

I think we'll win eight regular season games and I'm not counting on FIU to be one of them. I'm not saying we will lose it; only that if we did we could still have a strong season. I like us this year.
God Bless Everyone!
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

ajcalhoun wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:30 am I think we'll win eight regular season games and I'm not counting on FIU to be one of them. I'm not saying we will lose it; only that if we did we could still have a strong season. I like us this year.
I think the heat and humidity will affect FIU... on second thought maybe not
Wave755
Tsunami

At the end of last season Sagarin had the Wave ranked 86, FIU 99, even though the Panthers were 9-4 for 2018. By Sagarin's ratings system at Yulman for last year's teams we would have been just over a 5 point favorite.

In 2017 against FIU @ Miami we beat ourselves, I don't think we will beat ourselves for this year's home opener.
Eaglewave
Swell

tpstulane wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:49 pm
winwave wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:34 pm
Here ya go:

Thanks!
WF is really the perfect coach for our program. He’s not afraid to make needed adjustments. He’s shown improvement each year he’s been here. This season is going to really be exciting. Can’t wait for opening kickoff. Possibly 7 to 8 wins if we stay healthy.

I told y’all this when he was hired. Fritz is the perfect guy for the job here at Tulane. We will always find a bowl game under his direction. Fritz wants to be a G5 powerhouse, but he believes that there is no excuse for a our program not to win at least 6 games even on a down year.
Ball Sumrall!
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

To build a fan base we need to do something Tulane Football has NEVER done: Win 8 games or more three plus years in a row. I think Fritz can accomplish this, assuming he stays long enough to do so. Let's hope 2019 is the first of a string of 8+ win seasons.
anEngineer
Riptide

DfromCT wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:45 am To build a fan base we need to do something Tulane Football has NEVER done: Win 8 games or more three plus years in a row. I think Fritz can accomplish this, assuming he stays long enough to do so. Let's hope 2019 is the first of a string of 8+ win seasons.
Other than teams that just dominate a weak conference, that's probably a pretty tough task for any team that's not a Top 10 program. Do you have any idea how many schools have done this for the past 3 years?
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

anEngineer wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:25 am
DfromCT wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:45 am To build a fan base we need to do something Tulane Football has NEVER done: Win 8 games or more three plus years in a row. I think Fritz can accomplish this, assuming he stays long enough to do so. Let's hope 2019 is the first of a string of 8+ win seasons.
Other than teams that just dominate a weak conference, that's probably a pretty tough task for any team that's not a Top 10 program. Do you have any idea how many schools have done this for the past 3 years?
Recently USF, Memphis, UCF, Houston and even Tulsa, Ecu have all accomplished this.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

I don't have the time to go through and figure out for all 10 FBS conferences. In our own conference, only Memphis has done this the past three years, but four or five teams have won 24+ games over the past three seasons.
Eaglewave
Swell

Not if you schedule accordingly and bring in a solid staff who understands where they are/what they have to work with.

Right now, the future looks bright for us. Our upcoming non-conference schedules can easily work in our favor. For the next few years, our non conference games feature 1-2 games vs P5 programs while the rest are against FCS programs and G5s. Many of those schedules scream 2-2 outside of conference play at worst. This is what is needed. Fritz has what it takes to put together 8+ win teams on a regular basis. After last season's bowl win over Cajun College, we really need to take advantage of our schedule this year. It's time to let fans know that we are serious about winning. The 2014 season really dropped a log on the hype that was building after a winning season and the opening of Yulman. The atmosphere for home opener was great, but to watch how the hype went down once we turned right back into the same ole Green Wave was terrible. Now, we have a legitimate chance to have a second consecutive winning season. Come on Fritz! Don't let us down.
Ball Sumrall!
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Just win. 8 isnt some magic number. Win 7-9 games a few years in a row and good things will happen. Plenty of teams have done this in our conference and so can we.