Tulane Athletics ranked tied at 103 of 126

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
Show Me
Tsunami

Michigan comes in No 1.
Football heavily weighted in formula
https://www.cbssports.com/college-footb ... ann-arbor/

nawlinspete
Riptide

Two of the top four highly questionable programs on the honesty analytic . Cheating does translate to winning at any cost .
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

If only bowling and beach volleyball would have carried their weight, imagine the possibilities.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

We were a two point conversion away from being tied for 126!
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

DfromCT wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:52 am We were a two point conversion away from being tied for 126!
Probably true
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

obviously they did not take into account Womens Rugby or Sailing when compiling this report
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

golfnut69 wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:39 am obviously they did not take into account Womens Rugby or Sailing when compiling this report
Our best sport for the 2018-19 year was, by far, Volleyball. Didn't count one iota!

And had we not completed the two point conversion against Navy, we would be tied for DFL, (Dead F'ing Last for those challenged by acronyms!) This is what we deal with as Tulane fans.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Wave755
Tsunami

golfnut69 wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:39 am obviously they did not take into account Womens Rugby or Sailing when compiling this report
But, unfortunately they do count men's basketball..
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

We found our way out of the deep hopeless abyss despite the best attempts of some. We will be used as success story and inspiration for others. We will climb our way up this list rapidly over the next 5 years. I look forward to it.

I was going to be conservative and give no predictions- but why not. . . We’ll never be stanford because of conference $$$, endowment and prestige, but ideally we could be a top 30 school with athletics similar to the top of our conference. We could/should be comparable to northwestern/duke/uva/vandy. . . Better then wake forest ?

Unfortunately, for the same reason we will pull ahead of ull, la tech, G4. . . . those peer institutions will pull away from us. Ideally we can be the oakland a’s, while theyre the baltimore orioles (bama =yankees)
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Bicoastalwave wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:38 am We found our way out of the deep hopeless abyss despite the best attempts of some. We will be used as success story and inspiration for others. We will climb our way up this list rapidly over the next 5 years. I look forward to it.

I was going to be conservative and give no predictions- but why not. . . We’ll never be stanford because of conference $$$, endowment and prestige, but ideally we could be a top 30 school with athletics similar to the top of our conference. We could/should be comparable to northwestern/duke/uva/vandy. . . Better then wake forest ?

Unfortunately, for the same reason we will pull ahead of ull, la tech, G4. . . . those peer institutions will pull away from us. Ideally we can be the oakland a’s, while theyre the baltimore orioles (bama =yankees)
Billy Beene....We need you.....
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !