UCF

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
Jaxwave
Swell

Starting QB broke his ankle. Remember this was the guy who looked so good when he replaced Milton McKenzie after his catastrophic leg and knee injury. So they will be down to third string, I would think most of the year. Just our luck, we don’t play them until late November.

winwave
Top of the WAVE

Jaxwave wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:21 pm Starting QB broke his ankle. Remember this was the guy who looked so good when he replaced Milton McKenzie after his catastrophic leg and knee injury. So they will be down to third string, I would think most of the year. Just our luck, we don’t play them until late November.
They have Brandon Wimbush who transferred from Notre Dame. They aren't going to a third stringer. In fact they might not even being going to their second stringer.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Agreed. They were 3 deep (with milton). I hope they stay healthy. I think we have a shot at beating them at home. Its also good for the league
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

None of their backups, including the ND transfer, can hold a candle to McKenzie Milton. He was the best player in the AAC the last two seasons and the heart and soul of UCF football. I hope he takes the field next year.
Last edited by DfromCT on Thu May 28, 2020 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
winwave
Top of the WAVE

No one was comparing him to McKenzie and of course everyone is pulling for him to come back next year. As to their current QB's who they have are no where near being a third stringer. They have two quality starting QB's. Their offense will work with either of them.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

I'm reviving this thread for entertainment purposes. I watched UCF and McKenzie Milton closely throughout their impressive two year winning streak. Keep in mind Milton came into a program that had gone winless the year before, won 5 games as a Frosh, and then went on a two year undefeated streak. He was a difference maker that would put UCF on his back and do whatever needed to be done to win. Watch this video and notice how many of the highlights are absolutely perfectly thrown, whether as a soft "touch" pass, or a "dart" that the throw/coverage called for. I will always believe (so don't bother trying to change my mind) that UCF beats LSU in the NY6 bowl had Milton never suffered the injury. He was the best player in college football at the time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwxJEhpY_tA

The year before, in the Peach Bowl versus Auburn (whom beat BOTH teams playing for the MNC that season) UCF fell behind in the third quarter and most thought that that bigger, stronger program would take command. But Milton put the Knights on his shoulders and marched them to an amazing comeback victory. UCF had every right to declare themselves "National Champions."
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V