Ron Hunter Interview

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

I did not know Chris Gordy from Jobe before this link was posted! I did a quick search and learned this about Chris:
1. He's an LSU grad with a degree in Communications.
2. Although he lives in Houston, he works for 1280 Sports in New Orleans
3. He's a basketball guy

He called the Hunter hire a "Home Run Hire" at least twice during this interview. He's very excited about a quick turn around at Tulane.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
swampnik
Surge

Strange how CRH did not mention the Twin Towers as returning players with experience of playing last year.
nic, nic, nic, swamp!
-Jack N. (Easy Rider)
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

swampnik wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:07 pm Strange how CRH did not mention the Twin Towers as returning players with experience of playing last year.
Yeah it was explicit and repeated that he named everyone else who was a hold over (ray embo & jordan walker & zhang) and didnt mention the twin towers. I think Coach Hunter must be moving on from them. Which also makes sense given the size of the other commit we just landed.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

How much did they (the "twin towers") play and how much were they out? Have they announced that they're leaving? I thought one was a medical Red Shirt this past season. Has Coach Hunter (and I hate "CRH" use his name it takes an extra 2 seconds to type) announced that either are leaving when one of their HS teammates is joining them at Tulane?

Note: that was the troll from under the mommy and daddy rock that used CRH instead of a simple "Coach Hunter."
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Ajang redshirted this past season after playing a little bit his freshman year.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

On live now with Ed Daniels Sports Zone.
Outstanding show. I hope Ed archives it online.
12 minutes live interview covered a lot.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

He’s the TV interview with Ed from last night.
https://wgno.com/2019/06/26/lets-make-a ... -feed-you/
Tulane Class of 1981
WavyHoops
High Tide

tpstulane wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:49 am He’s the TV interview with Ed from last night.
It's not the entire interview; just Coach calling out folks to come out and promising to pay for their first game. Definitely knows how to stir the pot.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

It was a good lengthy interview. Had to be about 10 minutes long. You could tell Ed got irritated with Hunter's antics. What led to coach offering to pay was Ed saying Tulane needed to charge less at first to bring people back. When Hunter asked him how much it cost to go to a a game he of course didn't know. He also claimed the media attended well but not the fans. BS. The media had poor attendance too. He fumbled for the language to use to explain himself. Finally saying those things I think you call PSL's.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

I am a Troy Dannen fan, and believe he's doing his best. But if Dannen goes forward with the PSL's for basketball, he's making a grave mistake. SERIOUSLY! Coming of a 4-25 season without a conference win he wants the fans to pony up their hard earned leisure dollars for a license to buy a ticket? That could lead to the lowest season ticket sales in Tulane basketball history, or at least since the program was revived after the death penalty.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

What Hunter first says in the radio interview is that we only have one player returning who played in the conference tournament game. His later references to Zhang as the only returning player that played is clearly referencing playing real minutes last season.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

WavyHoops wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:00 am
tpstulane wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:49 am He’s the TV interview with Ed from last night.
It's not the entire interview; just Coach calling out folks to come out and promising to pay for their first game. Definitely knows how to stir the pot.
Damn. Ok. I assumed it. I’ll find the the entire one if Ed puts it out.
Tulane Class of 1981
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Part 1

Part 2
Tulane Class of 1981
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Coach Hunter is a lot of fun to listen to. I love that he's well aware of the fact that he has to sell the community to get out to the games. This will be a very interesting season, I'm curious how many wins he can squeeze out of this team.

TPS thanks for posting that. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

ROLL WAVE!
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

DfromCT wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:49 pm Coach Hunter is a lot of fun to listen to. I love that he's well aware of the fact that he has to sell the community to get out to the games. This will be a very interesting season, I'm curious how many wins he can squeeze out of this team.

ROLL WAVE!
Thanks!
Glad Ed put it online. Very good interview!
Tulane Class of 1981
nawlinspete
Riptide

DfromCT wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:49 pm Coach Hunter is a lot of fun to listen to. I love that he's well aware of the fact that he has to sell the community to get out to the games. This will be a very interesting season, I'm curious how many wins he can squeeze out of this team.

ROLL WAVE!
Another drivel post . Why don't you stop all the posts that say nothing more than 'I'm exited'.
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .