2019 Tulane Football Regular Season Win Prediction

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.

How many regular season games do you think the 2019 Tulane Football team will win?

Poll ended at Tue Jun 04, 2019 11:53 am

No votes
No votes
No votes
3%
8%
15%
36%
26%
5%
8%
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 39
nawlinspete
Riptide

100 - 6 , Houston has always lacked sportsmanship , as they continue to now .

President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

CFN's Pre Season rankings for all 130 FBS teams
https://collegefootballnews.com/2019/06 ... eview-2019
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
winwave
Top of the WAVE

golfnut69 wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:10 am CFN's Pre Season rankings for all 130 FBS teams
https://collegefootballnews.com/2019/06 ... eview-2019
So 4 teams on our schedule are between 100-130. Three are 75-100 and another 3 are 50-75. We have two in the top 50.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

From CFN:

“For now, the rankings aren’t about where the teams will end up – those are coming later. They’re about how strong they all look at the moment – at least before fall camp.”

And when discussing Tulane:

“81. Tulane Green Wave

Relative Strengths: Defensive Line, Running Back
Relative Concerns: Quarterback, Linebacker
Here’s The Deal: The Green Wave final ranking will be a whole lot better than this. The defense will be among the best in the American Athletic, and the offensive line will be fantastic. There might not be a whole lot of big plays, but the O should be a bit more balanced.”

If the Oline is mediocre we’ll all be ecstatic. It will be interesting where they see us for our “final ranking”.
TURVS71
Swell

9-3
'Here's a song for the Olive and the Blue"
wave97
Swell

I have 9-3 also. Everybody is bringing up what a difficult schedule we have. I'm just not seeing it.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

wave97 wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:29 pm I have 9-3 also. Everybody is bringing up what a difficult schedule we have. I'm just not seeing it.
I made my prediction based on when and where we are playing ....
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

wave97 wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:29 pm I have 9-3 also. Everybody is bringing up what a difficult schedule we have. I'm just not seeing it.
I'll wait and see. There's nothing this coaching staff and team has accomplished that lets me believe we're on the verge of winning the AAC. Sneaking into a tie for the division and a low level bowl game versus last year's schedule hasn't convinced me at all. Show me and make me a believer.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

If we had beaten SMU and won the division (losing to UCF in the championship), i wonder what bowl we would have been in. Any thoughts ?
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Bicoastalwave wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:15 pm If we had beaten SMU and won the division (losing to UCF in the championship), i wonder what bowl we would have been in. Any thoughts ?
It still would have been a very minor Bowl. The league doesn't have any good tie-ins. so the only path to a good Bowl is to win the AAC and get the NY6 invite.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Agree as that's what I've been saying about the schedule. People on our sites have been talking it up as a monster schedule. The only way I think it can be seen that way is if you're grading on a curve.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Bicoastalwave wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:15 pm If we had beaten SMU and won the division (losing to UCF in the championship), i wonder what bowl we would have been in. Any thoughts ?
Probably the Birmingham Bowl, where Memphis ended up. Our resume would have been VERY similar to Memphis.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:22 pm
Agree as that's what I've been saying about the schedule. People on our sites have been talking it up as a monster schedule. The only way I think it can be seen that way is if you're grading on a curve.
Tell us what 9 games we will be favored in?
winwave
Top of the WAVE

DfromCT wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:24 pm
winwave wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:22 pm
Tell us what 9 games we will be favored in?

Read my post. I didn’t say I was agreeing with 9 wins. I said I agreed that the his schedule is not the monster some have tried to make it out to be. If we don’t do well this season that will say a lot more about the program than it says about the schedule.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

I don't think it's a killer schedule, but I think it's a very competitive schedule. If you were to handicap it right now, we'd be favorites in four games, with FIU included (as a game we'd be favored in) even though that's going to be a skinny line either way. We're no better off as a program than FIU at this time, and they might have a coaching advantage. Throw out our Missou State game and we're favorites in THREE FBS games.

Four games. To get to 7-5 we'll need a few upsets. Maybe we start strong and are favored in more than four games. Again, we're Tulane fans. We think the team is going to be good. Every team on our schedule thinks they have a decent chance to beat us, with good reason. If we start 1-3, which is a very distinct possibility, we might not be favored in four games.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

It wasn't long ago people here were assuring us FIU would be like a 7 point favorite. I'm not concerned with point spreads. Many of our lines will be close. Just because one team is favored also doesn't mean it gets put in the upset category. Beating Auburn would be in the upset category. Beating a Houston or Memphis wouldn't .
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Beating Houston or Memphis would be an upset. Beating Army will be an upset. Beating Auburn would be a HUGE upset. Tulane Football has accomplished nothing to make us look down our noses at any opponent on our schedule. Sorry, but we'll agree to disagree here.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

We just beat Memphis last season. Beat Houston the year before. Beating Army would be no upset. Just beating a favored team doesn't equate to an upset. Just means the oddsmakers got it wrong in most cases. Also just because something's not an upset doesn't mean it's not a good win. It's not a matter of what our past is. That's why we changed coaches. Only the here and now counts. NO ONE here is looking down their noses at anyone. No one has come close to saying that. So yes you're right we will have to agree to disagree.
Aberzombie1892
Swell

DfromCT wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:09 am Beating Houston or Memphis would be an upset. Beating Army will be an upset. Beating Auburn would be a HUGE upset. Tulane Football has accomplished nothing to make us look down our noses at any opponent on our schedule. Sorry, but we'll agree to disagree here.
I agree with this. Doing well in the weakest AAC West in history only means so much, and that, combined with the fact that Fritz has not been able to consistently put down bad teams, makes it difficult to reasonably assume that Tulane will put away all of the bad teams.

Most posters who look at the Schedule and claim that it's not that tough are ignoring the fact that Tulane has not been that good (even last season - S&P+ had them at #90).
winwave
Top of the WAVE

No one is ignoring that Tulane hasn't been good. We are simply looking at it as a D-1 schedule. Only Auburn and UCF would look tough on anyone's schedule. If we beat Auburn it would be deemed an upset at the time. It's early in the season and with our background and their status it would be recognized locally and nationally as an upset. No one knows how Auburn will turn out but since we catch them early how it turns out won't matter at the time of our game. If UCF has another season like the last two that would be an upset if we beat them as it would be late in the season and they would be getting a lot of national talk. That's our two chances at upsets as things look going into the season. If Holgorsen does a great job and has Houston undefeated that could then fall into that category. Same with Norvell at Memphis. As we speak though those teams are not even considered top 50 so while they would be good wins for us they wouldn't be upsets. Everyone is aware that under Fritz we haven't put away the bad teams we should beat. That doesn't change the fact that they are still bad teams when looking at the schedule. Then we have some average teams. NO ONE is saying we should automatically win those. Just saying they are winnable.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

We just disagree on the definition of upset. To me, a game you are not favored to win, by definition, is a potential upset. I don't care if the opponent is not ranked nationally. For the most part both Memphis and Houston (and frankly Tulsa as well, but we'll be favored in that game) have owned Tulane Football for most if not all of this century. By my definition, we will need three upsets against FBS foes to get to 7 wins, which is what I've predicted. Do I think it can be done? Absolutely, that's why I picked us to win 7 games. But Houston beat us by 31 last year, and our win versus Memphis was the first one since 2000. And mark my words, the next time we play ECU we will be underdogs.

Disagreements among fellow Tulane fans need not turn into personal disputes. I'm still biting my tongue on what winwave said a week or two ago about my marital status. The personal foul flag should have been thrown and winwave marched back 15 yards or half the distance to his goal line. WAY OB. I often disagree with him on this board, but we could use tens of thousands of fans that are as passionate about Tulane as he is.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

DfromCT wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:14 pm We just disagree on the definition of upset. To me, a game you are not favored to win, by definition, is a potential upset. I don't care if the team isn't ranked nationally. For the most part both Memphis and Houston (and frankly Tulsa as well, but we'll be favored in that game) have owned Tulane Football for most if not all of this century. By my definition, we will need three upsets against FBS foes to get to 7 wins, which is what I've predicted. Do I think it can be done? Absolutely, that's why I picked us to win 7 games.

Disagreements among fellow Tulane fans need not turn into personal disputes. I'm still biting my tongue on what winwave said a week or two ago about my marital status. The personal foul flag should have been thrown and winwave marched back 15 yards or half the distance to his goal line. WAY OB. I often disagree with him on this board, but we could use tens of thousands of fans that are as passionate about Tulane as he is.
Wait a minute . . . Did a tulane fan on an online message board just demonstrate restraint, respect and courtesy ? Im unfamiliar with this high road you seem to be taking, and im going to go check the temperature in hell.

CT, i applaud your post. :D

I also think Memphis and Houston are formidable opponents on almost (maybe not the top 10 teams) anyones schedule.
Last edited by Bicoastalwave on Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

DfromCT wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:14 pm We just disagree on the definition of upset. To me, a game you are not favored to win, by definition, is a potential upset. I don't care if the opponent is not ranked nationally. For the most part both Memphis and Houston (and frankly Tulsa as well, but we'll be favored in that game) have owned Tulane Football for most if not all of this century. By my definition, we will need three upsets against FBS foes to get to 7 wins, which is what I've predicted. Do I think it can be done? Absolutely, that's why I picked us to win 7 games. But Houston beat us by 31 last year, and our win versus Memphis was the first one since 2000. And mark my words, the next time we play ECU we will be underdogs.

We certainly disagree on what an upset is. Also if our offense improves to the level most of us think it can we will be favored in more games than what you currently think. Hell the season hasn't started and already one game some experts here said we would be a clear underdog in now has us favored-FIU.

There's been nothing personal here. Just discussion of the topic. Constantly repeating a lie is reprehensible. Glad you've seen the light.

Tulane could certainly use tens of thousands of fans like you too.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:51 pm We certainly disagree on what an upset is. Also if our offense improves to the level most of us think it can we will be favored in more games than what you currently think. Hell the season hasn't started and already one game some experts here said we would be a clear underdog in now has us favored-FIU.

There's been nothing personal here. Just discussion of the topic. Constantly repeating a lie is reprehensible. Glad you've seen the light.

Tulane could certainly use tens of thousands of fans like you too.
You cannot even accept a compliment graciously. And I'll bet 99% of folks that visit here would agree you stepped WAY OUT OF BOUNDS bringing up my marital status. I'll take the high road and resist using the info you provided to comment on your personal life.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

You can't let it go. This thread was on topic but you had to make it about you. Yeah you made a compliment after taking a shot. Like I said you were out of bounds for years. Having to constantly go personal and lie all with the intent to torment. When I would finally have enough and respond in kind you'd lose it. You are the one who brought up you had multiple ex-wives in a post on the board just a few months ago. That wasn't a personal comment you made to me. As to your implication that I've given you such information is another lie. Just let it die. But you won't.