Do We Keep Jewett?

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.

Has Jewett earned another year?

Yes - Contract Extension
23%
N0 - Fire His Butt
77%

Total votes: 44
TURVS71
Swell

Yeah, let’s retain him for another year ...change is in order ...

'Here's a song for the Olive and the Blue"
Sunamiwave
High Tide

This program is going to continue to underachieve if Jewett is retained for another year. It would be a wasted year. I hope Troy is ready to bring in the right coach to rebuild the program like he did for basketball.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

McWave wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 12:49 pm
Show Me wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 11:25 am
McWave wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 10:27 am
Show Me wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 9:30 am
mbawavefan12 wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 10:33 pm I’d be surprised if they fire TJ. I’d be shocked if they hire AC. The current environment just won’t allow it to pass the board. Not popular, but I would pass on AC as well.
He was fired for not being forthcoming to his AD.
He had a workplace affair and denied having it to his AD. The AD caught him in a lie and had no choice but to let him go. He made a bad personal decision something I’m sure many have done at some point in their life. Only his happened to be very public. Prior to that his character was impeccable. This is not a #Me too situation it was two consenting adults.
I thought he was terminated for texting the "workplace affair" non-stop from the dugout while getting swept by USM (0-11, 4-7, and 2-5), losing to TX AM - Corpus Christi (3-6) and McNeese (3-6) all in February 2018. Maybe you can "Show me" I am wrong. But the other actions are also all terminating worthy.

Plus, did you forget how the AC family and friends torched TD for his decision. Sometimes it is better to take the high road. I doubt TD forgot.

I would also be shocked if AC got a shot at TU anytime soon.
He told his AD he wasn’t involved with the women any longer. The AD noticed AC texting during the game. He then asked AC who was he texting. AC lied and said a coach. The AD then had the Miss St phone checked out and it showed AC was texting the lady not a coach so he got caught in a lie. That lie got him canned.
I was unaware of that.

So, AD learned about ongoing "workplace affair"
AD tries to help AC by letting AC off with a warning to stop the behavior
AC says it over but....
AC continues "workplace affair"
AD sees AC in dugout during a USM sweep texting and inquires about the phone use
AC lies to the AD (who previously tried to help him with a warning) about "workplace affair"
AD (isn't stupid) and checks ACs story (like you would a teenager)
AD calls AC into the office with his findings and fires AC for among other things lying.

Wow!!! That is worst than what I thought I thought AC just got caught and terminated. I didn't realize the AD tried to help him cover it up but AC just couldn't or would stop. Geezzz..Why wouldn't TD hire AC. ;)

Thanks for "showing me".
Ya we all make mistakes but some are bigger than others. This guy was given one of the best jobs in the country after a short stay as hitting coach at LSU. He then cheats on his pregnant wife with two young children already at home. Oh wait, he cheats with an employee of the organization he works for, lies and then texts the woman during a dam game. How can u be such an ego maniac to crap away a great job, in such a way, with a young family at home? Wait, once fired no booster, player or fan comes to his defense, many saying they r glad he is gone. Wait, his family took cheap shots at TU when he was not hired originally, just to start the nonsense.
Like I said, no thanks. We should be able to do better. Sorry; not sorry. I don’t want him around and doubt the TU board would approve this hire. Sure no one is perfect but screw a man with this sort of hubris. He shows he cares only about one thing

That said, I hope TJ is gone as he is never going to be the solution. I just am not sure this admin can admit their faults and pull the trigger on another original hire/buyout.
Show Me
Tsunami

mbawavefan12 wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 10:51 pm
mbawavefan12 wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 10:33 pm I’d be surprised if they fire TJ. I’d be shocked if they hire AC. The current environment just won’t allow it to pass the board. Not popular, but I would pass on AC as well.
He had a workplace affair and denied having it to his AD. The AD caught him in a lie and had no choice but to let him go. He made a bad personal decision something I’m sure many have done at some point in their life. Only his happened to be very public. Prior to that his character was impeccable. This is not a #Me too situation it was two consenting adults.
I thought he was terminated for texting the "workplace affair" non-stop from the dugout while getting swept by USM (0-11, 4-7, and 2-5), losing to TX AM - Corpus Christi (3-6) and McNeese (3-6) all in February 2018. Maybe you can "Show me" I am wrong. But the other actions are also all terminating worthy.

Plus, did you forget how the AC family and friends torched TD for his decision. Sometimes it is better to take the high road. I doubt TD forgot.

He told his AD he wasn’t involved with the women any longer. The AD noticed AC texting during the game. He then asked AC who was he texting. AC lied and said a coach. The AD then had the Miss St phone checked out and it showed AC was texting the lady not a coach so he got caught in a lie. That lie got him canned.
I was unaware of that.

AC says it over but....
AD sees AC in dugout during a USM sweep texting and inquires about the phone use
AC lies to the AD (who previously tried to help him with a warning) about "workplace affair"
AD calls AC into the office with his findings and fires AC for among other things lying.

Wow!!! That is worst than what I thought I thought AC just got caught and terminated. I didn't realize the AD tried to help him cover it up but AC just couldn't or would stop. Geezzz..Why wouldn't TD hire AC. ;)

Thanks for "showing me".
Ya we all make mistakes but some are bigger than others. This guy was given one of the best jobs in the country after a short stay as hitting coach at LSU. He then cheats on his pregnant wife with two young children already at home. Oh wait, he cheats with an employee of the organization he works for, lies and then texts the woman during a dam game. How can u be such an ego maniac to crap away a great job, in such a way, with a young family at home? Wait, once fired no booster, player or fan comes to his defense, many saying they r glad he is gone. Wait, his family took cheap shots at TU when he was not hired originally, just to start the nonsense.
Like I said, no thanks. We should be able to do better. Sorry; not sorry. I don’t want him around and doubt the TU board would approve this hire. Sure no one is perfect but screw a man with this sort of hubris. He shows he cares only about one thing

That said, I hope TJ is gone as he is never going to be the solution. I just am not sure this admin can admit their faults and pull the trigger on another original hire/buyout.
So his wife is forgives him but you going to nail him to the cross. Ok Mr Perfect.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

Show Me wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 11:45 pm
mbawavefan12 wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 10:51 pm

I was unaware of that.

AC says it over but....

Thanks for "showing me".

So his wife is forgives him but you going to nail him to the cross. Ok Mr Perfect.
His wife forgiving him is totally irrelevant. So ya, no thanks. So if his wife divorced him then it would be an issue in your mind? That is the check in this situation? If this was my daughter I might be in jail right now. Like I said, really think about just how selfish and unethical he acted. Cheat on ur wife fine. Cheat on ur wife with two young kids at home. Cheat in ur wife with two young kids AND she is pregnant. Cheat with an employee at a dream job. Lie about it and then have the balls to interact with the mistress in the dam dugout.
Perfect I am not, but that is as bad as it gets for a cheating scumbag. Not sure how it can be worse. Pass. Hard pass.
Aegis
High Tide

Fire his big butt today, he is garbage
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

The rumblins' in metro Austin, fire David Pierce !!! the vaunted UT program will not make the Big12 post season tournament and unless the NCAA gods find some way to include the DP led (?) Longhorns, into their hallowed tournament, there are a few well heeded Westlake residents who want his azz gone ...on a side note the UT womens softball team are hosting the NCAA regionals, and are on the verge of elimination, storied Sam Houston State beat them last nite to force and elimination game with A&M
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Profoundwizard
Swell

golfnut69 wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 8:24 am The rumblins' in metro Austin, fire David Pierce !!! the vaunted UT program will not make the Big12 post season tournament and unless the NCAA gods find some way to include the DP led (?) Longhorns, into their hallowed tournament, there are a few well heeded Westlake residents who want his azz gone ...on a side note the UT womens softball team are hosting the NCAA regionals, and are on the verge of elimination, storied Sam Houston State beat them last nite to force and elimination game with A&M
If we wanted the rumblings from Austin, we’d read ShaggyBevo
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

golfnut69 wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 8:24 am The rumblins' in metro Austin, fire David Pierce !!! the vaunted UT program will not make the Big12 post season tournament and unless the NCAA gods find some way to include the DP led (?) Longhorns, into their hallowed tournament, there are a few well heeded Westlake residents who want his azz gone ...on a side note the UT womens softball team are hosting the NCAA regionals, and are on the verge of elimination, storied Sam Houston State beat them last nite to force and elimination game with A&M
Didn’t he win the league and go to the CWS last year?
gbgreenie
Surge

Hi Green Wave Nation, I for one hate being negative but the time has come for the Wave to move in a different direction with the baseball Program. What I see on the field is an up and down team that when they are down lack of emotion is evident. Jewett is a very bland coach, little emotion, his interviews put you to sleep at times. His knowledge might be good but as in any sport emotion plays a huge part. The Wave need a young coach maybe Matt Riser, or someone that can bring a youthful enthusiasm to this team. When Jewitt walks to the mound its like a funeral, motivate your players coach give them confidence that they can do the job. Being a good recruiter is not enough, just like Buddy Teevens recruited good players to Tulane but he lacked what it took to be a head coach. Good luck Jewett maybe you are destined to be a good assistant coach but Head Coach no!!!
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Aegis wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 6:07 am Fire his big butt today, he is garbage
.......but his team’s socks and pants always look the same!!! 😳😳
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
gbgreenie
Surge

See Houston Wave you sound like a disrespectful blowhard in due respect. Green Wave Nation should be above that. Give concrete opinions and observations, but obnoxious comments like yours is becoming of an LSU Fan, if we want a professionally run Athletic Program us fans have to present ourselves as professional also. Criticize and give opinions like an educated and classy fan should, not blowing hot air sir. Have a great day!!!
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Profoundwizard wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 8:37 am
If we wanted the rumblings from Austin, we’d read ShaggyBevo
DP may be lookin for a job, the only reason I made a reference
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Sunamiwave
High Tide

As I said in a prior post we are going back to Sam Houston State where we got David Pierce from to hire their current head coach Matt Deggs. Deggs would be a home run hire for Tulane as he has done an excellent job with Sam Houston.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

gbgreenie wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 1:39 pm See Houston Wave you sound like a disrespectful blowhard in due respect. Green Wave Nation should be above that. Give concrete opinions and observations, but obnoxious comments like yours is becoming of an LSU Fan, if we want a professionally run Athletic Program us fans have to present ourselves as professional also. Criticize and give opinions like an educated and classy fan should, not blowing hot air sir. Have a great day!!!
gbg,

You continue to live in your dreamworld, which supports the likes of a Mike Dunleavy, and suggests that our baseball program problems are because of a catcher. Jewett has had serious priority problems—from day one he has had this Captain Queeg approach to running the Tulane baseball program, including his psycho obsession with how each player must wear his uniform—absolutely weird. No wonder he can’t recruit at a level that will make us credible in baseball. Consequently, our results have been very much like The Caine Mutiny. You may consider yourself a “classy” fan of Tulane, but your really just an ignorant fan of Tulane, whose attitude has been a major contributor to the long-time frustrations and failures of Tulane athletics.
nawlinspete
Riptide

Houston Wave , shame on you . We need every fan we can get . Just because you disagree with a fan , even if you are 'right' the disagreement does not make the other fan ignorant .
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
gbgreenie
Surge

Houston, I gave concrete reasons why I think Jewett should go not a flip comment. Easy to blurt out a disrespectful comment to make yourself look good if that is the reason. But to give solid opinions based off of observations is more respectful for the Greenwave Nation as a whole.
gbgreenie
Surge

And yes catcher and pitchers are known as a battery or team. When a Whole pitching staff goes bad and the only change this season was catcher that must be looked at. Called common sense, what is different?
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

gbgreenie wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 1:39 pm See Houston Wave you sound like a disrespectful blowhard in due respect. Green Wave Nation should be above that. Give concrete opinions and observations, but obnoxious comments like yours is becoming of an LSU Fan, if we want a professionally run Athletic Program us fans have to present ourselves as professional also. Criticize and give opinions like an educated and classy fan should, not blowing hot air sir. Have a great day!!!
Talk about a blow hard post! This one could be in the dictionary as the prime example. And your continued references to "Green Wave Nation" are old and contrite. There is no such thing when the "Green Wave Nation" is that of maybe 3-400.

GBG did you find a date for the UConn series? Your post a couple of years ago about tickets to a Tulane vs. UConn football game was about as low as a pervert can go.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

gbgreenie wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 10:11 pm And yes catcher and pitchers are known as a battery or team. When a Whole pitching staff goes bad and the only change this season was catcher that must be looked at. Called common sense, what is different?
Dude, the pitch calling comes from the dugout. You are insinuating that three years of bad pitching is because d1 caliber catchers are not framing and blocking the ball correctly. We have gone through like 5 catchers in three years, nothing changed. Seriously give it up. Dear god. You want people to be constructive, well what the hell do you know about the intricacies of the pitcher-catcher-pitch calling relationship at the high D1 level? Provide sources.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

nawlinspete wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 9:53 pm Houston Wave , shame on you . We need every fan we can get . Just because you disagree with a fan , even if you are 'right' the disagreement does not make the other fan ignorant .
You’re right Pete. Just because I may not agree with a fan doesn’t make them ignorant. What makes them ignorant are the crazy analyses they offer up—see gbg posts.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

gbgreenie wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 10:08 pm Houston, I gave concrete reasons why I think Jewett should go not a flip comment. Easy to blurt out a disrespectful comment to make yourself look good if that is the reason. But to give solid opinions based off of observations is more respectful for the Greenwave Nation as a whole.
The most concrete reason for our baseball woes is our head coach—driven by some of his very strange priorities. Your “catcher is the problem” theory is as bizarre as some of Jewett’s thinking, and a long way from anything concrete.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

gbgreenie wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 10:11 pm And yes catcher and pitchers are known as a battery or team. When a Whole pitching staff goes bad and the only change this season was catcher that must be looked at. Called common sense, what is different?
Your Honor, exhibit #1 as to why gbg puts up the craziest posts—and disrespects our catcher in the process. He blamed the fans instead of Dunleavy—now he blames a catcher instead of the head coach—What’s next for his “Green Wave Nation”.
gbgreenie
Surge

Gone
RobertM320
Green Wave

mbawavefan12 wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 3:54 am
Dude, the pitch calling comes from the dugout. You are insinuating that three years of bad pitching is because d1 caliber catchers are not framing and blocking the ball correctly. We have gone through like 5 catchers in three years, nothing changed. Seriously give it up. Dear god. You want people to be constructive, well what the hell do you know about the intricacies of the pitcher-catcher-pitch calling relationship at the high D1 level? Provide sources.
Although I don't think its the major reason, I think you do have to give some credibility to the catcher being part of the issue. Think about who we've had as catcher the last three years. In 2017 we started with Montalbano, but then he got hurt and we had to play FR Paul Gozzo. The last two years have been Owen and Niemann. Who did we have in 2015 and 2016? Just one of the top ten prospects in all of MiLB right now: Jake Rogers. If you don't think having Rogers behind the plate helped the pitching staff, you're not being honest.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson