2019-2020 Men’s Basketball Recruiting

Talk about the latest recruits here.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

WavyHoops wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 2:26 pm
Bicoastalwave wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 2:09 pm Great news and a great get ! Alot of programs were after him ! If we can bring back daniels/sehic i’d feel pretty dang good
It will be very interesting to see what happens with Daniels. As for Sehic, I'm not sure he's a good fit for what Coach Hunter wants to do plus he already has his degree. He may be better off looking to go play in Europe.
Daniels continues to workout at Tulane. Hunter and his staff are doing their best to convince him to stay. As for Sehic Hunter has made it clear he wants him to stay and indications are that he will.

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

winwave wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 4:34 pm
WavyHoops wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 2:26 pm
Bicoastalwave wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 2:09 pm Great news and a great get ! Alot of programs were after him ! If we can bring back daniels/sehic i’d feel pretty dang good
It will be very interesting to see what happens with Daniels. As for Sehic, I'm not sure he's a good fit for what Coach Hunter wants to do plus he already has his degree. He may be better off looking to go play in Europe.
Daniels continues to workout at Tulane. Hunter and his staff are doing their best to convince him to stay. As for Sehic Hunter has made it clear he wants him to stay and indications are that he will.
I won’t take that as a done deal, but still a great update thanks !!
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Let me be clear. I'm not saying either is a done deal. Just giving an update as you stated.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
gbgreenie
Surge

Thomps0n better be a playmaker, not much of a shooter, in fact he sucks as a shooter,
FG- 110 of 324= 34%
3 pt - 57 of 205= 27.8%
FT- 90 of 135= 66.7%

Started 16 of 88 games, does not look like an impact player, reserve at best!!!

I hope CT turns it around. I also think there is selective memory. His defense the first two years was fouling. He has 118 fouls in 793 career minutes. That is 6.0 fouls/40 mins or 4.5 fouls/30 mins. He has 3.5 fouls for every steal. Stan had 1.5 fouls for every steal.

His shooting isn’t good either - 35% FG, 30% 3PT & 61% FT.
His stats were better his Fr year than his Soph year.

For Wild Pelican Difference in talking player stats and telling him good riddance,
n
Last edited by gbgreenie on Wed May 15, 2019 1:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
gbgreenie
Surge

Ha, signed with Rhode Island as a 2 star pro style QB,
https://247sports.com/Player/Christion- ... ol-120259/
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Welcome to the Tulane family Mr. Thompson and Mr. Lawson. May your Green Wave experience be everything you hope for, and may you help Coach Hunter build a winning program here. It looks like both can play in '19-20?
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
winwave
Top of the WAVE

gbgreenie wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 4:49 pm Thomps0n better be a playmaker, not much of a shooter, in fact he sucks as a shooter,
FG- 110 of 324= 34%
3 pt - 57 of 205= 27.8%
FT- 90 of 135= 66.7%

Started 16 of 88 games, does not look like an impact player, reserve at best!!!
So much for following your own advice of not talking badly of our players. :roll:
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

gbgreenie wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 4:56 pm Ha, signed with Rhode Island as a 2 star pro style QB,
Clearly a mistake by 247 sports. Are you going to hold it against the young man?
WavyHoops
High Tide

DfromCT wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 5:21 pm
gbgreenie wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 4:56 pm Ha, signed with Rhode Island as a 2 star pro style QB,
Clearly a mistake by 247 sports. Are you going to hold it against the young man?
Verbal Commits had him as 3-star basketball player:
https://verbalcommits.com/players/christion-thompson
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Quick makeover:

https://www.theadvocate.com/new_orleans ... b8826.html

Sounds positive on Daniels and says Sehic will be back.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Lawson will need the NCAA to approve a sixth year of eligibility to play two hear:

https://www.nola.com/tulane/2019/05/tul ... ansas.html

The NCAA has been a lot better about granting those type of request. Best case scenario is that he performs well enough to go on to the NBA after next season.
WavyHoops
High Tide

winwave wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 5:29 pm Quick makeover:

https://www.theadvocate.com/new_orleans ... b8826.html

Sounds positive on Daniels and says Sehic will be back.
Also says that ROE will be back, which was questioned under Dunleavy.

Excited (!?) about Koka.
GreenLantern
Riptide

If only that NCAA tournament invitations were determined by pre-season bluster and press releases, we would be assured a trip to the sweet 16.

Glad to hear about Sehic. If Daniels returns, the sky is the limit. We would actually have a chance for a .500 conference record. (Forgive the cynicism but I've had Lucy jerk the football away too many times over the years to buy into coach-speak and newspaper hawking. I love my Green Wave but before I make another emotional commitment, I will borrow from a local poster and say: Show Me first.
Sunamiwave
High Tide

What a coup for Coach Hunter to land K.J. Lawson. I will never forget how intensely the Lawson twins were recruited out of high school in Memphis several years ago. All of the blue blood basketball schools wanted to land the Lawson brothers. This is a huge deal for Tulane and should give us a lot of momentum on the recruiting trail.
WavyHoops
High Tide

I can understand why folks would feel wary but it’s hard not see both the coaching and roster having taken a big step forward since the end of the season. I do hope Daniels recognizes this.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

WavyHoops wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 7:18 pm I can understand why folks would feel wary but it’s hard not see both the coaching and roster having taken a big step forward since the end of the season. I do hope Daniels recognizes this.
Me too. With Daniels, Sehic, ROE, and the others we could see Fogelman rockin next season. There's some talent and some pieces to work with, for sure. I'm not saying we're going to the big dance, but it should be a whole lot of fun with Coach Hunter at the helm.
gbgreenie
Surge

I hope CT turns it around. I also think there is selective memory. His defense the first two years was fouling. He has 118 fouls in 793 career minutes. That is 6.0 fouls/40 mins or 4.5 fouls/30 mins. He has 3.5 fouls for every steal. Stan had 1.5 fouls for every steal.

His shooting isn’t good either - 35% FG, 30% 3PT & 61% FT.
His stats were better his Fr year than his Soph year.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

The deal with Daniels is that his father is involved. Hopefully getting Lawson will convince him that Hunter is serious about winning NOW .
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

So far, Hunter has exceeded expectations. I will definitely check out a few games next year. If he can get Daniels back, we may see a massive turnaround.
swampnik
Surge

WOW! Coach RH is really landing some impressive recruits. I think we all will be surprised at what Walker and Days will bring to the table too.
nic, nic, nic, swamp!
-Jack N. (Easy Rider)
WavyHoops
High Tide

winwave wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 10:18 pm The deal with Daniels is that his father is involved. Hopefully getting Lawson will convince him that Hunter is serious about winning NOW .
This sounds right given how things have played out. Hopefully Coach Hunter promised he’d surround Daniels with a stronger supporting cast and hopefully he’s doing that. The other possibility is that he’s waiting to see what top tier programs suffer unexpected heavy losses to the NBA (like Nova last year) and need another player. Coach seems to be trying to head that possibility off.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

If Daniels comes back, that puts us 1 over the limit. Who goes ?
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Bicoastalwave wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 2:03 pm If Daniels comes back, that puts us 1 over the limit. Who goes ?
Including the player(s) that have to sit out 2019-20? I haven't done the math, clearly!
winwave
Top of the WAVE

The one's that sit out still count toward the 13. If he stays you'd have to think they'll get Barrett to leave.
swampnik
Surge

winwave wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 9:27 pm The one's that sit out still count toward the 13. If he stays you'd have to think they'll get Barrett to leave.
Could well be Barrett, due to the fact that Hunter has said he likes Zhang's game and that he is only going to get better by playing with Chinese National teams this summer against good competition. He also love the fact that Koka brings him a 7 ft. rim protector. These keen observations on his part make me believe he will really teach to the strengths of each individual player. Great plan if so. This could perhaps easily turn out to be a NIT appearance for Tulane n his first year and dare I speculate for more.....
nic, nic, nic, swamp!
-Jack N. (Easy Rider)