2019-2020 Men’s Basketball Recruiting

Talk about the latest recruits here.
nawlinspete
Riptide

What is going on with MBB ? Crabtree ? Sehic ?

Recruiting new men to fill out the roster ?

The "cone of silence" is getting scary.. .

President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

When there's information to share, it's shared. "Cone of silence" is your cone of paranoia. A lot will shake out when the underclassmen need to pull out of NBA consideration. But there's literally 100's of players declared and in the transfer portal that haven't finalized plans.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

There was also a big cut off with who would be invited to the nba combine etc which was limited to 66 playes (correct me if incorrect). It should lead to a flurry of activity in the next 2 weeks. But also no one actually seems to have an answer for my question of what HARD transfer/enrollment dates are. Would love any clarification if someone has it.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

I don't believe there are any real hard dates just practical ones. Players that entered their name for the draft have to withdraw by May 29th. That will tell a lot. Then it's mostly on the coaches who have to know who they have and therefore who they have to go after to give deadlines to players. That will be soon.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 7:24 am I don't believe there are any real hard dates just practical ones. Players that entered their name for the draft have to withdraw by May 29th. That will tell a lot. Then it's mostly on the coaches who have to know who they have and therefore who they have to go after to give deadlines to players. That will be soon.
Players that are not drafted that didn't withdraw are now eligible to go back to their colleges.
WavyHoops
High Tide

Here's a good timeline.
https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2019/04/201 ... watch.html

Many dominoes still to fall and, unlike our past coch, I feel like we have someone in charge who understands this game.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Sounds like chaos, but no need to worry. We now have a coach who isn't inclined to bring in players who are averaging 3 ppg.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
winwave
Top of the WAVE

DfromCT wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 7:57 am
winwave wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 7:24 am I don't believe there are any real hard dates just practical ones. Players that entered their name for the draft have to withdraw by May 29th. That will tell a lot. Then it's mostly on the coaches who have to know who they have and therefore who they have to go after to give deadlines to players. That will be soon.
Players that are not drafted that didn't withdraw are now eligible to go back to their colleges.
When I first read your post I thought you might be right as to those that did not hire an agent. However the link wavyhoops gave doesn't make such a delineation. Anybody got clarification on that ?
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
WavyHoops
High Tide

You can hire an agent to guide you in the NBA exploration process and still return to college. That was one of the recent NCAA changes.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

WavyHoops wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 2:16 pm You can hire an agent to guide you in the NBA exploration process and still return to college. That was one of the recent NCAA changes.
And that May 29th date is the date those guys have to withdraw to be able to go back. That's why I'm thinking it might be guys that didn't hire an agent that can leave their name in and go back if not drafted.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

WavyHoops wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 2:16 pm You can hire an agent to guide you in the NBA exploration process and still return to college. That was one of the recent NCAA changes.
While I haven’t been a fan of the NCAA over the last 30+ years, I think they got this one right. They probably figured out that too many NCAA basketball players have inflated views of their NBA prospects (ie Daniels and Sehic), and therefore should be given the opportunity to explore their NBA chances and still
come back to the college ranks. It helps the individual and NCAA basketball.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
WavyHoops
High Tide

Crabtree confirmed gone. Seeing him going to a middling Colonial team furthers my suspicion that he’s a smart young man who saw the writing on the wall.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

I hope Connor enjoys being behind the bench this year, and becoming one of the oldest players on his team before he takes the court. He also might not play for the coach whom recruited him to Richmond, as Chris Mooney is on the hot seat there, after winning 25 games the last two seasons combined. I don't know what suspicions you may have had, but he's going from a team that was terrible with a new coach and outlook that is brighter to another team that is in as strong of a conference but struggling to make headway the past two years.
WavyHoops
High Tide

Eligible to play next season. Things looking up.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Great news and a great get ! Alot of programs were after him ! If we can bring back daniels/sehic i’d feel pretty dang good
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Good to hear. Hopefully last year was just a matter of a bad fit.
WavyHoops
High Tide

Bicoastalwave wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 2:09 pm Great news and a great get ! Alot of programs were after him ! If we can bring back daniels/sehic i’d feel pretty dang good
It will be very interesting to see what happens with Daniels. As for Sehic, I'm not sure he's a good fit for what Coach Hunter wants to do plus he already has his degree. He may be better off looking to go play in Europe.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Sehic is long with below average jumping ability. I would think he'd be a pretty good fit with Hunter, since he's smart and has a good wingspan. But if he wants to play in Europe, I wish him the best of luck.

Daniels we could really use back. He's far from ready to play in the NBA, and would be lucky to be drafted.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Keep em coming ! Another commit via URI!

golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Bicoastalwave wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 3:11 pm Keep em coming ! Another commit via URI!

I can hear it at Fogelman now....' get your programs , get your programs, can't tell the players without a program"
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Maybe i’m being overly sensitive . . . But with a coach’s departure (which we all applauded) there is always turn over. Are you not happy we are bringing in new players ? Are you not happy that after a winless in conference season we are adding talent ? You would prefer we keep crabtree because you remember his name ? Nah ill pass
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Bicoastalwave wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 3:37 pm Maybe i’m being overly sensitive . . . But with a coach’s departure (which we all applauded) there is always turn over. Are you not happy we are bringing in new players ? Are you not happy that after a winless in conference season we are adding talent ? You would prefer we keep crabtree because you remember his name ? Nah ill pass
U are being overly sensitive, I am for a total roster makeover, but then again U may pass

https://247sports.com/Article/KU-basket ... 132004881/
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
gbgreenie
Surge

uptownprof
Ripple

Landing Lawson within this short time is quite an impressive achievement. He averaged 12 and 8 at Memphis before transferring to Kansas (after his dad was let go at Memphis) - Was / is going to be stuck behind others at Kansas - In a typical Self move, looks like Kansas offered KJ to basically get Dedric Lawson (his brother) as a transfer.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basket ... /kj-lawson

There are also two more very good younger siblings from the Lawson Family (Chandler committed to Oregon for 2019 and Johnatton - 2021 - who is uncommitted as of now).
uptownprof
Ripple

https://www.gorhody.com/sports/m-baskbl ... stion_laqj

Christion Thompson is a Louisiana guy and will be coming home if reports of him transferring to Tulane are to be believed.