Future OOC Football Schedule/Games

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
Eaglewave
Swell

I am not interested in playing LSU just yet. I needs to see a 10 win season before I start thinking about facing them. I want to schedule them when I know we pull off an upset our make them respect our program. We aren’t there yet.

Ball Sumrall!
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Eaglewave wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 11:32 pm I am not interested in playing LSU just yet. I needs to see a 10 win season before I start thinking about facing them. I want to schedule them when I know we pull off an upset our make them respect our program. We aren’t there yet.
You'll get your 10 win season, then we schedule LSU for games that start 7 or 8 years later when the coaching staff has turned over and we have no idea what product we're putting on the field.

People, you have to keep in mind if the "powers that be" get together and resume the rivalry (in football), it's not going to mean playing anytime soon. There's a window of opportunity opening (or at least perceived to be opening) now with Alleva out. We cannot wait to jump through that window, it might be closed in a very short period of time. If it's even open now.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
HoustonWave
Tsunami

golfnut69 wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 3:49 pm
Aberzombie1892 wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 2:53 pm
Jaxwave wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 2:13 pm
RobertM320 wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 12:36 pm Simple solution. Build our programs and our brand to a level where we earn an invite to the Big 12. Then LSU would have no excuse to not play us.
You mean like Texas refuses to play Texas A&?
Regardless of what people say, it's really been the other way around for those programs.

As for Tulane, it's unclear if it is even possible for Tulane to get into the Big 12 given that the Big 12 passed on programs like Cincinnati. Tulane is a long way from Cincinnati in football (attendance/performance/etc.) and MBB (NCAA tournament appearance/attendance/performance/etc.).
Ttulane would have a good chance if the Big12 expands, for a few reason...1- Geographic....2- Superdome.... 3- TV market... 4- Academic Standing, the college Prez's luv that krap ...the NCAA did no favors for Tulane, and others, by not enforcing it's 12 team league minimum for a playoff in Football....The Big12 will expand once the TV contracts are being negotiated...Cincy, UH, UCF, USF, Tulane will be under serious consideration...Memphis State, because of it's miserable academic standing, has a very small window...BYU, Boise State, Utah State, San Diego St have travel and Time zone issues the Big 12 do not want to face when it comes to TV exposure. they would like to stay in the eastern and central zones...but then agian, I really have no clue and just wanted to type a reply
I agree, that the Big 12 will opt to face east. Add the five schools you mention, and add Colo St, and you’d have a strong 16-team conference, which could generate significant travel savings, greater revenue opportunities, and grow strong regional rivalries within four four-team divisions. WVa, UCF, USF, Cincy in East Division; Tulane, UH, Baylor, Texas in South Division, TCU, TT, OU, OSU in West Division; and KU, KSU, ISU and CSU in the North Divison. It’s always fun to dream.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
nawlinspete
Riptide

University of Texas today announced a five game series with UTSA all at home in Austin .

University of Texas today announced a five game series with UTEP all at home in Austin .

So much for UT wanting to again play us....
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
Aberzombie1892
Swell

nawlinspete wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 11:42 am University of Texas today announced a five game series with UTSA all at home in Austin .

University of Texas today announced a five game series with UTEP all at home in Austin .

Moving forward, it will probably become less likely for Texas to ever play a G5 outside of Austin (not unlike how much of the SEC operates).

As for Big 12 expansion, the Big 12 probably won't expand unless it can get a program that is more desirable than Cincinnati.
nawlinspete
Riptide

USF today announced three games with Alabama in football over the next few years ....
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
nawlinspete
Riptide

aTm hiring the Ole Miss AD to be their's . He has scheduled us in FB as Ole Miss AD .

Hopefully AD Dannen and he will come to a scheduling agreement ..

Bump
Last edited by nawlinspete on Fri May 24, 2019 9:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

i would welcome any LSU scheduling at this point . . . 3-1 in the super dome- sign me up. (Do we get $1m+ to beat their ass like troy ? 😂) . . . I would looooove to have them this year instead of auburn.

Could we leak a 3-1 offer and the superdome on their terms and still het turned down ? Its about reframing the garbage narrative from baseball with locals. . . Now is the time to to start playing lsu again.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

Aberzombie1892 wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 11:47 am
nawlinspete wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 11:42 am University of Texas today announced a five game series with UTSA all at home in Austin .

Moving forward, it will probably become less likely for Texas to ever play a G5 outside of Austin (not unlike how much of the SEC operates).

As for Big 12 expansion, the Big 12 probably won't expand unless it can get a program that is more desirable than Cincinnati.
UT knows its financial power and is keeping money in state.
Lsu plays Rice.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Bicoastalwave wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 1:29 am i would welcome any LSU scheduling at this point . . . 3-1 in the super dome- sign me up. (Do we get $1m+ to beat their ass like troy ? 😂) . . . I would looooove to have them this year instead of auburn.

Could we leak a 3-1 offer and the superdome on their terms and still het turned down ? Its about reframing the garbage narrative from baseball with locals. . . Now is the time to to start playing lsu again.
TD threw all kinds of offers that were very favorable to LSU to their previous administration and they had no interest. I'm sure he'll throw throw them at the new guy to see if he has a different take on things.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

mbawavefan12 wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 6:22 am

Lsu plays Rice.
I just checked the 2019 LSU roster, there are almost 20 players from Texas and a total of 44 from outside the state of Louisiana listed....so the more exposure outside the talent laden state of Louisiana, all the better for them
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

golfnut69 wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 7:00 am

Lsu plays Rice.
I just checked the 2019 LSU roster, there are almost 20 players from Texas and a total of 44 from outside the state of Louisiana listed....so the more exposure outside the talent laden state of Louisiana, all the better for them
Serious question, how does playing Rice in Tiger Stadium expand their recruiting base?

Edit. Never mind they did a 2-1 with Rice with the Houston game in the Texans stadium. .
nawlinspete
Riptide

nawlinspete wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 9:35 pm USF today announced three games with Alabama in football over the next few years ....
Bump
nawlinspete
Riptide

nawlinspete wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 9:53 pm aTm hiring the Ole Miss AD to be their's . He has scheduled us in FB as Ole Miss AD .

Hopefully AD Dannen and he will come to a scheduling agreement ..

Bump
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

mbawavefan12 wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 9:01 am

Lsu plays Rice.
Serious question, how does playing Rice in Tiger Stadium expand their recruiting base?

Edit. Never mind they did a 2-1 with Rice with the Houston game in the Texans stadium. .
sad part...The on campus Rice stadium has better sight lines / seating
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Show Me
Tsunami

This is for Tulane schedule only. No one cares about Texas, UTEP and Ole Miss. Take that stuff to the Rat
DrBox
Riptide

Bicoastalwave wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 1:29 am i would welcome any LSU scheduling at this point . . . 3-1 in the super dome- sign me up. (Do we get $1m+ to beat their ass like troy ? 😂) . . . I would looooove to have them this year instead of auburn.

I hope not; terrible idea.
swampnik
Surge

golfnut69 wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 10:14 am
mbawavefan12 wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 9:01 am

Lsu plays Rice.

sad part...The on campus Rice stadium has better sight lines / seating
Used to go see Tulane /Rice FB at their on campus stadium in the 90's. Usually had about 2-3k TU fans there too, many sporting green to the extent some Rice fans asked what city is Tulane located? On a Fall day it seemed like being in Tulane Stadium but in Houston.
nic, nic, nic, swamp!
-Jack N. (Easy Rider)