GOTULA BLOG - Looking for Contributors

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

All,

I've been toying with the idea for a while, and I think I'm ready to make it happen and see where it goes. We do have some really good posters here that do provide some pretty good insight on Tulane athletics. That being said, I'd like to start with 1-2 articles/posts per week at first, then possibly more if/when the interest and content lend itself.

The types of articles I'd like to include are, but not limited to:

Game Reports
Practice Reports
Recruiting
Tulane Events
Historical Throwbacks
Constructive Editorial / Opinion Pieces
Etc

The list can grow, but you get the general idea. Posts:

- Should be of a certain length (words) to be determined
- Can include images
- Will be reviewed for content/approval. Basically, the bashing, anything goes mentality stays on the board. I really want these to be well-written and publication worthy.

To those who are interested in being selected and contributing as an author, please respond to this post or private message me your interest.

Thank you,
- goTULA.NEt

Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

historically speaking.....
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

I've had one person express interest... honestly thought we'd have at least a few more. Hopefully with more professional and shareable content, we can grow both sides of goTULA.NEt. And if you ever want to contribute, please let me know.
Roll Wave!
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

NOLABigSteve wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 1:49 pm I've had one person express interest... honestly thought we'd have at least a few more. Hopefully with more professional and shareable content, we can grow both sides of goTULA.NEt. And if you ever want to contribute, please let me know.
Personally if I had more time I’d commit. I already spend too much of my life on Tulane stuff. ;)
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

All good. One off contributors are welcome too.
Roll Wave!
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

Its been less than 24 hours, not everyone checks the board as frequently as the die hards. I am always in favor of more Tulane content !
RollWaveRoll
Low Tide

you could probably get some internship writers from the university that are looking to get something on the resume. Just a thought. Pass out flyers or put up at the english dept etc.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

RollWaveRoll wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 1:58 pm you could probably get some internship writers from the university that are looking to get something on the resume. Just a thought. Pass out flyers or put up at the english dept etc.
Thats a great idea. B school, english department, student workers in athletic department, offseason athletes ?
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Bicoastalwave wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 2:42 pm
RollWaveRoll wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 1:58 pm you could probably get some internship writers from the university that are looking to get something on the resume. Just a thought. Pass out flyers or put up at the english dept etc.
Thats a great idea. B school, english department, student workers in athletic department, offseason athletes ?
And the younger folks seem to be far more into the tweeting and blogging world. I’ve never blogged or tweeted once. I probably couldn’t even if i had something to blog.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

To those interested,I haven't forgotten about this. It's still on the radar with plans to have the blog up and running by end of Summer, before football kickoff. I've had a couple of personal projects take some priority lately. But as for the blog, stay tuned. And if any of you expressed interest in contributing, start organizing those ideas.

I'm definitely thinking WinWave's Fall practice / camp report will be one of the first :mrgreen:
Roll Wave!
winwave
Top of the WAVE

I'd love to do it. Can you get me access to the practices? :mrgreen:
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Forever TU
Surge

NOLABigSteve wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 10:14 pm All,

I've been toying with the idea for a while, and I think I'm ready to make it happen and see where it goes. We do have some really good posters here that do provide some pretty good insight on Tulane athletics. That being said, I'd like to start with 1-2 articles/posts per week at first, then possibly more if/when the interest and content lend itself.

The types of articles I'd like to include are, but not limited to:

Game Reports
Practice Reports
Recruiting
Tulane Events
Historical Throwbacks
Constructive Editorial / Opinion Pieces
Etc

The list can grow, but you get the general idea. Posts:

- Should be of a certain length (words) to be determined
- Can include images
- Will be reviewed for content/approval. Basically, the bashing, anything goes mentality stays on the board. I really want these to be well-written and publication worthy.

To those who are interested in being selected and contributing as an author, please respond to this post or private message me your interest.

Thank you,
- goTULA.NEt
I’d like to sign up / be considered!
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

I'm hoping to launch the blog by the end of this week. For all who have messaged me and expressed interest, I'm ready for any content submissions you may have.

Please private message or email me any content / future posts you may have. To add you as a author, I'll need the following from you:

username
first name
last name
email

It's ok if you don't want to use your real name, but you'll still have to tell me what you would like to be called. Your first and last names will be the only info tagged and publicly visible on your blog.
Roll Wave!
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

The blog is up and running!

If and when you have anything you'd like to contribute, get in touch with me :mrgreen:

The blog can be found at:

http://blog.gotula.net OR by clicking the link at the top of this page.
Roll Wave!
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

Summer is here, convo is slow until football kicks up. Hit me up if you have any ideas or contributions for the blog.
Roll Wave!
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

NOLABigSteve wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:00 am Summer is here, convo is slow until football kicks up. Hit me up if you have any ideas or contributions for the blog.
Steve... I owul start contacing some local"s who "are in the know" about who the new broadcasting team will be...less than two months until Kick Off.....U may wish to begin with Steve Barrios, he may have some interesting info...but then again, he did attend public schools
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !