WBB 2018-19 Season thread

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
RobertM320
Green Wave

Regarding the FB thing, probably not. That's a CUSA thing, and we don't play a road game against a CUSA team this year.

"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
DrBox
Riptide

I think the team plays at or above the talent level most (but not all) of the time. It's the talent level that needs to be addressed.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

News isn't any better here as the women lose by 18 at home to a bad WSU team. This article is revealing as one of the players says the others now have film on us and have us figured out:

https://www.theadvocate.com/new_orleans ... d02a0.html

With 6 days to deal with that the staff didn't get it done. Good thing TD held off on that lifetime extension some were promoting.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
DrBox
Riptide

Film can't explain this kind of turnaround. Stockton's been here 25 years...what's not on film anyway.
Dannen will have quite an agenda this offseason. At least 4 sports will need, if not a new head coach, some major staff turnover. Dannen has quite an agenda ahead: at least 4 sports will need major staff turnover, if not new head coachs.
JerseyWave
Riptide

Dannen won’t touch Women’s basketball this year. Not after the lovefest they had for Stockton’s 25 years last night in the Glazer club. Probably too much celebrating so they came out today and sucked. And forget about an at large bid to the NCAA tournament, too many losses.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

This team got off to a great start and is going through a rough stretch. I bet Lisa Stockton pulls them out of it and they're playing much better at season's end going into the AAC tournament. She didn't forget how to coach in two weeks time.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
DrBox
Riptide

JerseyWave wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 11:59 pm Dannen won’t touch Women’s basketball this year. Not after the lovefest they had for Stockton’s 25 years last night in the Glazer club.
Take a look at twitter....it's been " 25 years of Stockton; let's bow to our queen" for the last 3 months. It's embarrassing.
I know she's going nowhere...but they could use a recruiter. Last time there was a staff opening, she pulled a mid-stage Conroy and hired a friend. Hire a recruiter.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Big game for the Lady Wave tonight. USF has been a nemesis to Lisa Stockton since we joined the AAC. It's time for a little payback. I'd like to see them break out of their mid-season slump and make a strong run going into the conference tournament.

IT STARTS TONIGHT, LADIES!

ROLL WAVE!
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

DfromCT wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:48 pm Big game for the Lady Wave tonight. USF has been a nemesis to Lisa Stockton since we joined the AAC. It's time for a little payback. I'd like to see them break out of their mid-season slump and make a strong run going into the conference tournament.

IT STARTS TONIGHT, LADIES
ROLL WAVE!
Yep. USF has won the last 10 straight. Tulane last won in 2009.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

USF wins 50-45 for its 11th straight over the Wave. Ends it 4 game losing streak. Lady Bulls did it with only 7 players available tonight.
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

tpstulane wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:37 pm USF wins 50-45 for its 11th straight over the Wave. Ends it 4 game losing streak. Lady Bulls did it with only 7 players available tonight.
They have three players out for the season:

South Florida beat the Green Wave 73-46 in Tampa on Jan. 19. The Bulls had four key players out, three for the season. In Wednesday's game, Alyssa Rader, a 6-foot-2 junior post, will be back in the starting lineup.

That's from the Advocate article before this game.

This loss follows a loss to lowly ECU.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
DrBox
Riptide

Good thing they were sitting on the beach in August....that was a good way to prepare for the season.
Changes need to be made. I doubt TD does a thing.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

Paying the WBall coach at TU $500k is outrageous. No one can convince me otherwise. Lisa wins more than shes losees but the money is better spent elsewhere.
glennc
Low Tide

The WBB is young, however the two seniors (Schulte and Wyatt) showed some promise as freshman and are now terrible. They shoot lay ups and don't even hit the rim. Shulte shot a lay up several games ago and never even hit the backboard much less the rim. Pitiful
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Lost again. This time to Tulsa 72-67.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:36 pm Lost again. This time to Tulsa 72-67.
It’s a shame because we had such a great start to the year. Things have since went off course. I hate to say this but the NIT now unlikely. It would have been a good year to challenge UCONN because it’s their weakest team since joining the AAC. Even USF is not having their typical year. Missed opportunities for sure. Hopefully things can turn around and by some chance we win the tournament.
Maybe sharing a game and practice facility with the men’s team is starting rub off on them. ;)
Tulane Class of 1981
anEngineer
Riptide

It does seem eerily similar to the men in that they don't seem to be able to run offense to get the open shot and they turn the ball over a lot when pressured. I am starting to wonder if the staff doesn't need some sort of shakeup. It's been the same bunch for a long time.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

Two Ncaa tourney’s in 15 years. Had a good run in the MID 90’s. Never past the second round.

Facts only.
swampnik
Surge

Gutierrez under utilized also?
nic, nic, nic, swamp!
-Jack N. (Easy Rider)
anEngineer
Riptide

swampnik wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 4:20 am Gutierrez under utilized also?
Unless she is injured, conference play and/or the grind of college basketball seems to have taken a toll on her. She doesn't seem to be as sure and aggressive as when the season started. Finally being called a couple of times for that carry-over dribble habit may have slowed her down a bit. She also doesn't seem to have much confidence shooting, which has made her somewhat one-dimensional. While she seems quite talented and energetic, her freshmanness is showing.
DrBox
Riptide

They have 15 scholarships available: they fill only 13 year after year (Stockton was whining about 15 saying it allowed U Conn to hoard players). At least two of the coaches were sitting on the beach in August right before school started. Frey probably does most of the work (My speculation).
The twitter feed is nothing but a coronation of Stockton.
I don't see a sense of urgency, to say the least.
DrBox
Riptide

The team is now in freefall. Stockton needs to retire.
Show Me
Tsunami

DrBox wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:40 pm The team is now in freefall. Stockton needs to retire.
Sad to say but I finally agree. And I’d like to add Dunleavy needs to resign or get fired on the men’s side. Dannen needs to get his act together in basketball or his job should be in jeopardy.
Both programs have collapsed on his watch.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

It's time.