Someone help me out here.

Discuss anything else athletic or non-athletic related that doesn't belong on the main Tulane athletics forum.
cajunfanatico
Swell

Over on Those Other Louisiana Schools forum, DfromCT is busting my chops and claiming I'm talking out of my ass because I say that posts there no longer appear at the top of the "active" or "recent" topics on the Board Index.

I can't speak for his computer, but when I click on Board Index, I don't see any posts from that particular forum.

A few years ago those posts would pop up on the top of Recent Activity: I remember this because people were busting my chops then for bringing up "old" topics that no one wanted to talk about........yet those posts were being brought to the top by Tulane fans posting to those particular old threads.

You guys asked the mod to make a change in the software so that those threads would no longer appear when one clicked on Board Index. It remained that way until a few months ago when the site was changed. Once again, those threads showed up on the Board Index and once again the request was made to change for format.

It was, and I no longer see any threads from the site popping up under Recent Topics.

Is there some other place on this site that is distinct from Recent Topics that Dave is calling Active Topics? If there is, I've never used that feature and technically Dave is correct that those posts are showing up there. If not, then he's full of crap because I'm sure they're not showing up under Recent Topics. :D

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=10716&p=186766#p186766

ajcalhoun: Nobody here gives a flying fuck about UL-L and the Sunbelt Conference.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Click on "Quick Links --> Active Topics" which is what you claimed your thread would not show up on. It does.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
cajunfanatico
Swell

DfromCT wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:14 pm Click on "Quick Links --> Active Topics" which is what you claimed your thread would not show up on. It does.
Like I said Dave, I've never used it and thought you were talking about those topics that show up here. I wonder how many here actually use the feature.
ajcalhoun: Nobody here gives a flying fuck about UL-L and the Sunbelt Conference.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

cajunfanatico wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:41 pm
DfromCT wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:14 pm Click on "Quick Links --> Active Topics" which is what you claimed your thread would not show up on. It does.
Like I said Dave, I've never used it and thought you were talking about those topics that show up here. I wonder how many here actually use the feature.
That's my landing ground. Based upon other posts, I think many have "active topics" bookmarked, as many have complained about non-Tulane threads showing up there.

The bottom line is Why post bragging about a UL- L recruiting class on a Tulane board?
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
cajunfanatico
Swell

DfromCT wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:53 pm
The bottom line is Why post bragging about a UL- L recruiting class on a Tulane board?
I actually posted a 247Sports article, WITHOUT COMMENT. If you don't care for the tone of their article, take it up with them.

If it'll make you feel better and ultimately lead to better relations here, I'd appreciate it if you'd provide me with a detailed list of those topics on Cajun athletics that I'm allowed to post about on the forum, Those Other Louisiana Schools?

Alternately, a list of those Cajun athletic topics that are specifically forbidden would also serve the purpose.

Thanking you in response for your timely attention to this pressing matter.