Ragin Cajun sign best football class in school history

LSU, UNO, Loyola, ULL, ULM, Louisiana Tech, Southeastern, Delgado, Northwestern, McNeese, Nicholls St., Southern, Grambling, Centenary, Dilliard, Xavier, etc.
DaveBrownStreak
High Tide

Best Recruiting Class????
That’s like me saying I had my best “high jump EVER!”

It still isn’t worth a sh*t!!

cajunfanatico
Swell

DaveBrownStreak wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 8:44 am Best Recruiting Class????
That’s like me saying I had my best “high jump EVER!”

It still isn’t worth a sh*t!!
The numbers disagree. BrownStreak. As it currently stands, 65th nationally.
ajcalhoun: Nobody here gives a flying fuck about UL-L and the Sunbelt Conference.
Wavetime
Swell

cajunfanatico wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:23 am
Wavetime wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:53 pm
You really seem like a good guy, but really? You're going to come on a Tulane website and post about ULL's recruiting class?
1) Posted in the Other Louisiana Schools section were such posts are supposed to be, that's why it's called the Other Louisiana Schools section, I'd imagine..

2) Posted because Green Lantern told me to make any post concerning Ragin Cajun athletics in the Other Louisiana Schools section of the website where only those who wanted to see it, would see it.

3) The thread was posted ONLY because I wanted to demonstrate to Green Lantern that if I posted in the Other Louisiana Schools Leper's Camp as he requested, it would still show up on Recent Topics and piss people off. It did.

4) Yes, I am a really good guy, though I do have my bad days like everyone else. Also, I'm not prone to take shit from anyone. I willingly accept other's opinions, but if you're going to make unfounded assertions about Cajun athletics, expect to be challenged. I expect the same from others if I make unfounded assertions.

5) I might suggest posters read the entire thread before responding so they'll have everything in context before reaching the conclusion that I'm trying to be an asshole. I'm not.

6) Please stop posting to this miserable thread so it can die a natural death.

Thank you.

I have to give you credit. I didn't look at the thread title, I just went on the topic at the top of the page. My bad.....Hope you have a Merry Christmas!
billow
High Tide

Go to rivals to see how ulala did
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

billow wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 6:19 am Go to rivals to see how ulala did
https://n.rivals.com/team_rankings/2019 ... s/football

Tulane ranked 76
U-La-La ranked 86
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
cajunfanatico
Swell

Snoop around the interwebs and see what most sports fans think of the quality of rivals rating system.
The Composite Rating

As you'll see shortly, the method behind the madness of star ratings can vary from site to site, never mind the differences in opinion on a particular player. At CougCenter, we have chosen to use 247Sports' Composite Rating for our standard rating of a player since it takes all the major recruiting services into account and is the simplest idea to communicate. When you read us referring to a player as a "composite [x]-star" recruit, this is what we mean:

The 247 Composite Rating is a proprietary algorithm that compiles prospect "rankings" and "ratings" listed in the public domain by the major media recruiting services. It converts average industry ranks and ratings into a linear composite index capping at 1.0000, which indicates a consensus No. 1 prospect across all services.

https://www.cougcenter.com/wsu-football ... igning-day
ajcalhoun: Nobody here gives a flying fuck about UL-L and the Sunbelt Conference.
Wave755
Tsunami

Cajun Troll, Jeff Sagarin ranks the Mighty ‘Belt West Division as follows:

1) Ark. St. 83;
2) ULALA 111;
3) UL-M 118;
4) USA 162;
5) Texas St. 170.

So, in 2019 beat Ark. St. again by a field goal, and ULALA is back in the Mighty ‘Belt Championship game :thumbup: losing "the Championship" ;) once more to either Appy. St. or Troy. :clap:

Cajun Troll, I just checked the dates and times of some of your recent posts. Trolling someone else’s forum on Christmas Eve night is truly sad and pathetic. :roll: Apparently, life in a Venezuelan hut is not too fulfilling or all it's cracked up to be by the Maduro Regime? :lol: And, please give Venezuelan President-Dictator Nicolás Maduro all my worst. :P

:wave: And just for the record, Rivals does indeed rank Tulane’s recruiting class 76, ULALA 86. https://n.rivals.com/team_rankings/2019 ... s/football
RobertM320
Green Wave

cajunfanatico wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 9:45 am
Snoop around the interwebs and see what most sports fans think of the quality of rivals rating system.
The Composite Rating

As you'll see shortly, the method behind the madness of star ratings can vary from site to site, never mind the differences in opinion on a particular player. At CougCenter, we have chosen to use 247Sports' Composite Rating for our standard rating of a player since it takes all the major recruiting services into account and is the simplest idea to communicate. When you read us referring to a player as a "composite [x]-star" recruit, this is what we mean:

The 247 Composite Rating is a proprietary algorithm that compiles prospect "rankings" and "ratings" listed in the public domain by the major media recruiting services. It converts average industry ranks and ratings into a linear composite index capping at 1.0000, which indicates a consensus No. 1 prospect across all services.

https://www.cougcenter.com/wsu-football ... igning-day
Nothing in that article portrayed rivals as any better or worse than the other services. As for what fans think of one or the other, that's irrelevant. Also, a good portion of fans don't like rivals because most of its a pay site. You've just wasted another 5 minutes of my time.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
gbgreenie
Surge

Fans in the Seats is the key. ULL and Nicholls play weaker schedules and even when they don't win they put more fans in the seats. Green Wave Nation once again what comes lst the egg or the chicken. Fans in the seats put more revenue in University hands to hire and pay better coaches. Fans in the seats look good for recruits and their parents. College Football has become a business, to any business owners. Revenue determines how much a business spends to expand. Poor revenue hinders growth of any business. Coaches salaries are going higher and higher, the university has subsidized athletics for many years if fans don't bring in more revenue it hurts the program long term. Just like Tulsa cutting coaches and athletic director salaries.
gbgreenie
Surge

Average attendance for ULL is consistently 25,000+ The American Conference as a whole only averages 28,000+ So if the American Conference wants to be a big revenue TV Conference it falls short by 20,00+ in average attendance to the lowest top 5 Conference.
Wave755
Tsunami

gbgreenie wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 1:58 pm Average attendance for ULL is consistently 25,000+
Even Cajun Troll wouldn't agree to the above statement. ULALA averaged about 8 or 9 thousand per game this season. The many pictures online of ULALA home game attendance for this year speak for themselves.
cajunfanatico
Swell

RobertM320 wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 11:25 am
Nothing in that article portrayed rivals as any better or worse than the other services. As for what fans think of one or the other, that's irrelevant. Also, a good portion of fans don't like rivals because most of its a pay site. You've just wasted another 5 minutes of my time.
The article I posted wasn't intended to support my assertion that rivals is not the most popular go-to site for recruiting rankings. 247sports is the most popular in my opinion, and the article I posted explains why......it's a composite of all the ranking sites. If one wants to cherrypick data and sites, that's fine, I've got no problem with it. I'd just normally put more weight in a composite, wouldn't you?
cajunfanatico
Swell

Wave755 wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 2:12 pm
gbgreenie wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 1:58 pm Average attendance for ULL is consistently 25,000+
Even Cajun Troll wouldn't agree to the above statement. ULALA averaged about 8 or 9 thousand per game this season. The many pictures online of ULALA home game attendance for this year speak for themselves.
During Hud's best years, Cajun attendance did average in the 25,000 range. No surprise it fell off dramatically when the program got its tit in the wringer with the NCAA and the winning took a nosedive. I believe Napier will be an outstanding coach for us, though I still wonder how much attendance can recover. Time will tell.

There's something going on in college football, almost regardless of program success, that's resulting in downward pressure on attendance. I suspect for the most part it has to do with the convienence of sitting in one's man-cave and watching the game on a big screen as opposed to having to go to the stadium, find a parking spot, fight the crowds, the heat, the cold, the rain, whatever.

BTW, I haven't seen many pictures of our home game attendance but I knew I could count on someone who couldn't care less about the program to keep up with that stuff.

If I was a cynic..........which I'm not.
cajunfanatico
Swell

Wave755 wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:49 am Cajun Troll, I just checked the dates and times of some of your recent posts.
I am actually living rent-free in your head. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Wave755
Tsunami

cajunfanatico wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 3:29 pm
Wave755 wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:49 am Cajun Troll, I just checked the dates and times of some of your recent posts.
I am actually living rent-free in your head. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Actually Cajun Troll, you were the farthest thing from my mind this Christmas. While you were trolling our forum on Christmas Eve, I was instead with family and friends. :)
cajunfanatico
Swell

Wave755 wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 4:08 pm
cajunfanatico wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 3:29 pm
Actually Cajun Troll, you were the farthest thing from my mind this Christmas. While you were trolling our forum on Christmas Eve, I was instead with family and friends. :)
I didn't troll the Tulane forum, 755, not once. Others were posting last night, I participated.

And yes, the situation is desperate here in Venezuela. My connection back to the states help me keep my sanity in trying times.

Yesterday we held a benefit Christmas celebration here at the house for about 50 of the town's worst-off kids. Most who came live in tin shacks without running water. They get by with very little, but don't know any better and seem happy. But they were very happy to have tasty treats, song, games, and of course, gifts at the end of the party. These kids rarely celebrate a Christmas.

After those festivities, while I left a trail on the Tulane forum for you to follow, the women delivered new clothing and shoes to a few of the very poorest of the poor here in town.

Trust me, I had a very rewarding Christmas day.

Oh, cooked a hog in my home-made Cajun microwave as well. It came out perfect. :D
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Home made cajun microwave? That sounds good, does it do blackened automatically? :) :oops: :)
cajunfanatico
Swell

DfromCT wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 6:45 pm Home made cajun microwave? That sounds good, does it do blackened automatically? :) :oops: :)
LOL, Dave I cooked a meat bird the night before just to do a test run and almost left it in there too long before checking it. It was a bit overdone, but still edible. What I can't find here is a meat thermometer with a cable and a gauge to mount on the outside of the box to monitor what's going on inside.

The hog I cooked was one of a bit less than 10 kilos. Cooked him, head attached, on his back first for about an hour and a half, then flipped him over. Used a box cutter to checkerboard the skin on his back then gave him another 45 minutes or so. That sucker came out perfectly cooked, golden brown, crunchy skin, meat super tender.

I've cooked a number of pigs over the years by various methods but this gizmo is by far the easiest to use. The only thing extra one needs is beer for the wait. :D
cajunfanatico
Swell

This isn't an image of the one I built, but it's very close. Coals go on top, heat circulates down below.

Again, not my photo but the result was much the same. Actually, I think mine looked better. :D

DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Now we're talkin! Yum! I don't think it's a microwave, but better yet a BBQ! Good job,!
cajunfanatico
Swell

DfromCT wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 8:00 pm Now we're talkin! Yum! I don't think it's a microwave, but better yet a BBQ! Good job,!
It's not a bbq either Dave because neither the smoke nor the fire ever touches the meat. It's an oven, and I guess it's called a Cajun Microwave because it's so simple. Mine's large enough to cook a hog of about 20 kilos (40 pounds plus) whole or a smaller hog and a couple of broilers. My next outing I'll be doing a large brisket.

Some folks also put a grill on top to take advantage of the charcoal.