Will Hall New OC

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
Jaxwave
Swell

DfromCT wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:27 pm
ccap05 wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:08 pm
DfromCT wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:51 pm
ccap05 wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:48 pm I was a bit surprised by this hire. Based on the advice I was giving WF from my seats at Yullman during the Navy game my wife told me that I should be the OC. I assumed when I heard about the opening that she had some inside information and was not being snide. Did anyone besides my wife hear that I was under consideration for the spot? I would ask her but she would think it was another attempt to bring up the subject of a family trip to Disney for a pre-Christmas vacation.
If only you put something out on social media SOMEBODY would have said you were a candidate. Hope you don't go to the press conference in your Green jacket expecting to be introduced!
Me being under consideration would not be totally crazy. I have not brought this up on the board before because I try to stay modest but I did play second/third string offensive guard on our high school JV team for one year before moving on to Soccer (with similar results). It may be that WF would want to gain access to some of the plays we ran back in the early 80s.
I can top that! I was Captain of the JV team as an 8th grader (and got the crap beat out of me scrimmaging the Varsity!) By the time I was Varsity ready, I played golf!! I was too senseless with pads on, never thought I'd get hurt but was getting killed at 5'11 and 148#! Was a force in Fraternity football (and dorm league) at Tulane, though. Had the entire DKE team try to put me through the glass doors of Monroe after my 3rd pick (first two were pick 6's) against them!
Which fraternity, DFC?

Dave breslin
Swell

I hope Hall works out but ??????? Didn’t we beat the snot out of Memphis? They seemed to have relied on one back for their offense. Hope he surprises the snot out of me!
Houma de Wave
Swell

Dave breslin wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:03 pm I hope Hall works out but ??????? Didn’t we beat the snot out of Memphis? They seemed to have relied on one back for their offense. Hope he surprises the snot out of me!
[/quote

At least Hall didn’t call the plays for Memphis.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

DfromCT wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:30 pm Ok, I got it.

And I respected the hell out of RR for staying in the face of Cowen pulling the rug from underneath him. That was a class act that showed tremendous loyalty to the kids he coached. And I would accept Hall's decision either way. He's a TE coach at Memphis, not the OC, and Norvell hasn't moved on (yet?)
+1,000,000. Totally class move by RR. What a happy ending he gave us to that season.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Dave breslin wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:03 pm I hope Hall works out but ??????? Didn’t we beat the snot out of Memphis? They seemed to have relied on one back for their offense. Hope he surprises the snot out of me!
We did but they got better as the season went on. Plus as was just mentioned he wasn't their OC.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

winwave wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:05 pm
DfromCT wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:30 pm Ok, I got it.

And I respected the hell out of RR for staying in the face of Cowen pulling the rug from underneath him. That was a class act that showed tremendous loyalty to the kids he coached. And I would accept Hall's decision either way. He's a TE coach at Memphis, not the OC, and Norvell hasn't moved on (yet?)
+1,000,000. Totally class move by RR. What a happy ending he gave us to that season.
I've often wondered if the Green Wave could have won that Liberty Bowl had RR not stayed for it. My conclusion was no, we wouldn't have rallied after falling behind early without a coach that the whole squad had been through the wars with and had confidence and respect of the team. It truly meant a lot to Green Wave Nation that Rich Rod stayed for the bowl game, and I'll always be grateful for that.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
HoustonWave
Tsunami

ccap05 wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:08 pm
DfromCT wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:51 pm
ccap05 wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:48 pm I was a bit surprised by this hire. Based on the advice I was giving WF from my seats at Yullman during the Navy game my wife told me that I should be the OC. I assumed when I heard about the opening that she had some inside information and was not being snide. Did anyone besides my wife hear that I was under consideration for the spot? I would ask her but she would think it was another attempt to bring up the subject of a family trip to Disney for a pre-Christmas vacation.
If only you put something out on social media SOMEBODY would have said you were a candidate. Hope you don't go to the press conference in your Green jacket expecting to be introduced!
Me being under consideration would not be totally crazy. I have not brought this up on the board before because I try to stay modest but I did play second/third string offensive guard on our high school JV team for one year before moving on to Soccer (with similar results). It may be that WF would want to gain access to some of the plays we ran back in the early 80s.
During the Cow/Dick regime, those qualifications would have had you neck and neck with CJ, for the head coaching job.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
anEngineer
Riptide

When are we going to morph this thread into "Will Hall needs to be fired"? It won't take long; there are already remnants and Hall hasn't even done anything.
cajunfanatico
Swell

This was interesting:

ajcalhoun: Nobody here gives a flying fuck about UL-L and the Sunbelt Conference.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

cajunfanatico wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:43 pm This was interesting:

Is that former Tulane QB Ken Karcher?—talk about a name from the past.
cajunfanatico
Swell

HoustonWave wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:41 pm

Ricky Bustle........pre-Hud Cajun coach. Actually, some of those names just don't make much sense as applicants for that job..
ajcalhoun: Nobody here gives a flying fuck about UL-L and the Sunbelt Conference.
RobertM320
Green Wave

I see Tony Hull on that list as well. He's the local guy that's recruiting LA for Kansas. Wonder if Miles is going to keep him there.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

if memory serves, Karcher transfered to Tulane fron Notre Dame and then played in Denver with Elway and Gary Kubiak
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
cajunfanatico
Swell

RobertM320 wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:08 pm I see Tony Hull on that list as well. He's the local guy that's recruiting LA for Kansas. Wonder if Miles is going to keep him there.
That was the exact question asked on RP when the list surfaced.

As someone said though, context matters.

Apparently the list was obtained via a FOIA request.

For those interested, here's the link to the full pdf.

https://www.americanpress.com/sports/mc ... 909d2.html
HoustonWave
Tsunami

golfnut69 wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:41 am

if memory serves, Karcher transfered to Tulane fron Notre Dame and then played in Denver with Elway and Gary Kubiak
Congrats Nut, you’re memory is still razor sharp. I didn’t know that Karcher was still in football. Where has he been coaching? The Alaskan high school circuit?
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

HoustonWave wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:08 am
golfnut69 wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:41 am

Congrats Nut, you’re memory is still razor sharp. I didn’t know that Karcher was still in football. Where has he been coaching? The Alaskan high school circuit?
closer to NOLA than U think..... The Karcher file
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ken_Karcher

https://ecccathletics.com/sports/fball/ ... en_Karcher
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
cajunfanatico
Swell

I guess head coaching jobs are really hard to come by and a lot of guys see it as their ticket to a better head coaching job elsewhere if they're successful. Having said that, I'm still surprised by the amount of interest in an FCS head coaching job in the Southland Conference.
localvb
High Tide

Welcome to NOLA!!
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Last edited by winwave on Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Getting the ball to the good players :

https://www.theadvocate.com/new_orleans ... d4ce3.html
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

It sounds like hall gets it . . . And by that I mean it echos everything we’ve said for two years. Predominantly throw to the TE and throw to RB’s in space. Additionally some have said that in order to win in the aac you need to score big and throw the ball. This lends credence to that thought
GreenLantern
Riptide

Say it aint so.

DfromCT
Wild Pelican

GreenLantern wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:34 pm Say it aint so.

Lantern, please try to post again! No image shows and the link doesn't work.

And a google search revealed an Ole Miss (ultra conservative) alum that has a blog, but NOTHING about Will Hall going to Ole Miss.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
GreenLantern
Riptide

My earlier link is broken. It reports an Ole Miss wiseguy saying that Will Hall has the OC job there if he wants it. Will try to find it and re-post.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

This has been out there for a week. When it first surfaced he was #3 on their wish list. Most are certain their HC will be fired next season. Hall's already been on a ULL staff that got fired. Not sure if he'd like that on his resume twice. He can get where he wants from here. However we all know the pull and the money of the SEC. We'll see shortly. Hope he stays put.