WBB 2018-19 Season thread

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Congrats to our coaches and players on the big win at LSU. 56-54 Great road win.

Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Show Me
Tsunami

Excellent win for Lisa. Roll Ladies!
Hornetswave
Low Tide

Roll Wave!!!!!!!! Great Win Lisa.

looks like they are two and 0
anEngineer
Riptide

When you look at the 6 women who got more than 15 minutes in this win, 3 are Freshmen and 2 are Sophomores. For anyone who has not seen the intensity and energy that Erin Gutierrez brings, it's worth a trip to Devlin.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

anEngineer wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:53 am When you look at the 6 women who got more than 15 minutes in this win, 3 are Freshmen and 2 are Sophomores. For anyone who has not seen the intensity and energy that Erin Gutierrez brings, it's worth a trip to Devlin.
Absolutely on Erin Gutierrez. She’d be the best PG on our men’s team. She’s an excellent player. So fundamentally sound. Reminds me a lot of Grace Daley. By the way Tulane has now won 6 of the last 9 vs LSU. Good reason for Alleva to quit playing us in WBB soon.
Tulane Class of 1981
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Congrats to the Lady Wave!

Keep on Rollin'!
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Always good to beat them no matter the sport. Lisa has a lot to prove this season. May she be up to the task.
Last edited by winwave on Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Sunamiwave
High Tide

Better watch out Lady Wave!! If you keep beating LSU in basketball they will discontinue the home and away series just like they did in baseball. Also I remember when the Tulane men’s basketball team under Dave Dickerson beat LSU under John Brady in the Smoothie King Center. After that loss, LSU stopped playing us in men’s basketball.
RobertM320
Green Wave

Sunamiwave wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:44 pm Better watch out Lady Wave!! If you keep beating LSU in basketball they will discontinue the home and away series just like they did in baseball. Also I remember when the Tulane men’s basketball team under Dave Dickerson beat LSU under John Brady in the Smoothie King Center. After that loss, LSU stopped playing us in men’s basketball.
And that was the only time they played us after 1981, except for the 1982 NIT game, which we also won.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
DrBox
Riptide

winwave wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:08 am Always good to beat them no matter the sport. Lisa has a lot to [prove this season. May she be up to the task.
Yep.
And TD, please don't give them a pretext to stop playing us.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Finally a story from Tulane's side of things:

https://www.theadvocate.com/new_orleans ... 74ef6.html
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
RobertM320
Green Wave

I think maybe we should have a WBB thread for the season, or do we want separate threads for each game?
No one even mentioned the women beat Univ of Washington yesterday, 63-51. Washington has an RPI of 19.

http://realtimerpi.com/rpi_228_Women.html
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
Wave755
Tsunami

RobertM320 wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:53 pm I think maybe we should have a WBB thread for the season, or do we want separate threads for each game?
No one even mentioned the women beat Univ of Washington yesterday, 63-51. Washington has an RPI of 19.

http://realtimerpi.com/rpi_228_Women.html
+1
Show Me
Tsunami

I’m happy for Lisa. I’d love to see her get us back to the NCAA’s. I saw the Loyola and LSU games. I really like the freshman class that was brought in. As others have mentioned Gutierrez is the real deal.
tufinal4
High Tide

Womens RPI #7, Men #51 as of tonight
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Show Me wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:16 pm I’m happy for Lisa. I’d love to see her get us back to the NCAA’s. I saw the Loyola and LSU games. I really like the freshman class that was brought in. As others have mentioned Gutierrez is the real deal.
+1

I'm not one of those that thinks Lisa Stockton is collecting a paycheck. She's a good coach who works hard and has been very dedicated to Tulane. I'd love to see her build the program by selling recruits on the chance to play UConn at least once a year, and if they can be competitive year in and year out with UConn, eventually they'll get that magical win. Many women's basketball programs have been built based upon competing against the Huskies; we're LUCKY to have them in the same conference.
Bigschtick
Riptide

Congrats to the Ladies!! Hoping for a great season! Hope they get some fans in the seats.
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Good to see them off to a fast start. Hopefully this is the year the program rebounds and makes the tourney.
RobertM320
Green Wave

Women split two games in the University of San Diego Thanksgiving Tournament.

Lost the first game 65-57 to #18 California
Won the second game 81-72 against Cleveland State.

4-1 on the season.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

RobertM320
Green Wave

WBB blows out Florida Atlantic, 88-45. Now 5-1

https://tulanegreenwave.com/news/2018/1 ... ath=wbball
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

RobertM320 wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:31 am WBB blows out Florida Atlantic, 88-45. Now 5-1

https://tulanegreenwave.com/news/2018/1 ... ath=wbball
Great start!
Roll Wave!
Tulane Class of 1981
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Big game for the Wave versus Southern Miss tomorrow at 1.

ROLL WAVE!
winwave
Top of the WAVE

RobertM320
Green Wave

Ladies defeat Southern Miss, 71-54. Got a little lax in the second half, after being ahead 40-18 at the break,but were always in control.

Now 6-1 on the year.