Coaching Changes

Discuss anything else athletic or non-athletic related that doesn't belong on the main Tulane athletics forum.
RobertM320
Green Wave

msdos wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:11 pm I’ll chime in with a hot take.

If Willie left, the cupboard would be more “bare” than what CJ left
If you truly believe that, you've been asleep for three years.

"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

RobertM320 wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:05 am

plus 1...CJ left NOTHING, most of his players had left school or was too lazy to improve themselves, he was a disaster as a HC, his reign of incompetency mirrors those of another WR's coach promoted to HC, at Kansas David Beatty who at one time coached high school football in the DFW metroplex, not much to say for those "connections".....
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
wave97
Swell

The AD for Kansas may be brilliant, but he sure comes off as a dolt in his press conference announcing the Head Football Coach search.
Willy Fritz should take this job at Kansas, he'll have the AD job in his hands in a few short years.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

wave97 wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:10 am The AD for Kansas may be brilliant, but he sure comes off as a dolt in his press conference announcing the Head Football Coach search.
Willy Fritz should take this job at Kansas, he'll have the AD job in his hands in a few short years.
That might be true IF he can turn the Kansas program around. But the odds are that the next Kansas coach will eventually just join the long list of other failed Kansas football coaches. That said, I don't doubt Willie will take the Kansas position if offered--there just seems to be a level of frustration and disinterest that has surfaced with Willie this season.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
HoustonWave
Tsunami

If Willie and the boys do leave, should TD "write the check" and go after Les Miles? Could we get him? Or is his payout still too rich for us?
anEngineer
Riptide

golfnut69 wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:29 am
RobertM320 wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:05 am

plus 1...CJ left NOTHING, most of his players had left school or was too lazy to improve themselves, he was a disaster as a HC, his reign of incompetency mirrors those of another WR's coach promoted to HC, at Kansas David Beatty who at one time coached high school football in the DFW metroplex, not much to say for those "connections".....
The "bare" statement is typical for someone who only posts negative things that are frequently factually incorrect (as is this). People can complain about the style of play or coaching on this staff, but the quality of players from an athletic or attitude standpoint is far and away better than anything in the last 20 years. Just the fact that CJ left no usable QBs behind T Lee makes his last group among the worst ever.
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

HoustonWave wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:30 am If Willie and the boys do leave, should TD "write the check" and go after Les Miles? Could we get him? Or is his payout still too rich for us?
Les Miles isn't coming to Tulane. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
MicMan
Swell

FWIW, a sportswriter friend who covers KU puts Fritz third on his list of candidates.
ajcalhoun
Swell

HoustonWave wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:30 am If Willie and the boys do leave, should TD "write the check" and go after Les Miles? Could we get him? Or is his payout still too rich for us?
I could be wrong but we could pay Les $1 a year and LSU would be on the hook for $4,999,999.

But he aint coming here or to any G5.

Yet.
God Bless Everyone!
anEngineer
Riptide

It's such an exciting time when you are picking a new football coach. There is so much optimism that the right coach will finally be found to turn around a program that is probably in disarray, and that the AD is serious "this time" in finding a winner. Usually, it turns out to be more of the same: flush, rinse, repeat. We are all too familiar with this process.
anEngineer
Riptide

ajcalhoun wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:00 pm
I could be wrong but we could pay Les $1 a year and LSU would be on the hook for $4,999,999.

But he aint coming here or to any G5.

Yet.
It depends on what Miles wants, if anything. He has already won a National Championship and doesn't really figure to ever be anywhere capable of winning another. If he just likes coaching, he could end up taking a job somewhere more about where he wants to live. He'll never have the kind of pressure he had at LSU and can just enjoy it. It would be similar to Mike Dunleavy's hire. You never know what will motivate him.
RobertM320
Green Wave

anEngineer wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:01 pm It's such an exciting time when you are picking a new football coach. There is so much optimism that the right coach will finally be found to turn around a program that is probably in disarray, and that the AD is serious "this time" in finding a winner. Usually, it turns out to be more of the same: flush, rinse, repeat. We are all too familiar with this process.
Programs selecting new coaches aren't always in disarray, especially in the AAC. As many schools lose their coach due to success as to failure. Ask MEM, TEM, UCF, USF, HTN, SMU. That's almost half the conf.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Like Texas A&M...Kansas is desperate for a "name" coach that can exicte the fan base and recruits, knowing this AD's history of success I think he will hire Bobby Petrino, with the stipulation that only 3 wheel motorcyles can be used in the plains of Kansas...helmets optional
HoustonWave
Tsunami

golfnut69 wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:36 pm Like Texas A&M...Kansas is desperate for a "name" coach that can exicte the fan base and recruits, knowing this AD's history of success I think he will hire Bobby Petrino, with the stipulation that only 3 wheel motorcyles can be used in the plains of Kansas...helmets optional
Will the Kansas DMV laws and regs allow a companion rider on the three wheels?
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Looks like Booby P has rode his last Harley
http://www.espn.com/college-football/te ... -cardinals

my take .....Look for Les Miles to be named the HC at KU before Thanksgiving
chain gang x man
Swell

Could we get Tony Hull to come back to NOLA
He was HC at Warren Easton and has recruited 5 local kids to Kansas
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

golfnut69
Wild Pelican

golfnut69
Wild Pelican

golfnut69
Wild Pelican

golfnut69
Wild Pelican

It's official....Bobby P and his Harley are told to hit the road...enter Jeff Brohm
http://www.espn.com/college-football/st ... nals-coach
HoustonWave
Tsunami

golfnut69 wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:42 am It's official....Bobby P and his Harley are told to hit the road...enter Jeff Brohm
It’s that time of year, when the dominoes start to fall.
GreenLantern
Riptide

golfnut69 wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:42 am It's official....Bobby P and his Harley are told to hit the road...enter Jeff Brohm
First Pitino and now Petrino. How does Louisville expect to buy ....er win.... any games?
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

HoustonWave wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:50 am
It’s that time of year, when the dominoes start to fall.
Maryland, Kansas, L'ville, would not be surprised to see the Illinois, Minnesota, Rutgers jobs come open, and if Brohm goes back to L'ville replace with Purdue ..it's that magical time of the year