Service sucked

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Troy you weren't ready for opening night. Go to get food and are second in line. Cashier swipes the customers card a hundred times and line is forming. Finally another worker comes up and after a while figures out that machine isn't working. She shifts people over to another register with a sign that says cash only. Her first customer goes to pay with cash and she says oh no you have to go over to the other side. Numerous workers but not doing much of anything. The burger meat is crap. No cheese to be had. No mayo. Hot waters at the beginning of the 2nd quarter. Only half the lights working on top of the press box so you turn them off. That should have been checked and corrected before the season. Fix it.

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
sader24
Tsunami

The draft beer lines tasted soapy. Went to several different vendors and all were soapy. Whoever cleaned them doesn’t know what they are doing. Will call line was 20 deep, sales lines were empty. Why not make all lines dual purpose. The method for getting the students into the game was the stupidest thing I’ve ever seen. They were lined up like cattle on intramural field. They probably won’t keep coming after that. The food was horrendous as usual. Pizza atrocious. The Athletic Director has numerous other games on his flatscreens In his suite while the rest of us under the overhang have to watch tape delayed replays of the Tulane game on our tv. As the friends I brought said “that’s a bad look”. He had an LSU game on last year in his suite that many of us would’ve liked to have watched but weren’t allowed. Put fans under the overhang, heat gets trapped and it’s brutally humid under there with no breeze. Offense sucked.
ajcalhoun
Swell

This may not be the right thread for this but what the heck?

Does anyone know what the actual attendance was last not? Not how many tickets were sold but how many actual butts in seats?

My very unscientific guess would be about 8,000, and if I had to bet money using that number I'd take the under.
God Bless Everyone!
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

sader24 wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:36 pm The draft beer lines tasted soapy. Went to several different vendors and all were soapy. Whoever cleaned them doesn’t know what they are doing. Will call line was 20 deep, sales lines were empty. Why not make all lines dual purpose. The method for getting the students into the game was the stupidest thing I’ve ever seen. They were lined up like cattle on intramural field. They probably won’t keep coming after that. The food was horrendous as usual. Pizza atrocious. The Athletic Director has numerous other games on his flatscreens In his suite while the rest of us under the overhang have to watch tape delayed replays of the Tulane game on our tv. As the friends I brought said “that’s a bad look”. He had an LSU game on last year in his suite that many of us would’ve liked to have watched but weren’t allowed. Put fans under the overhang, heat gets trapped and it’s brutally humid under there with no breeze. Offense sucked.
wow...sounds almost as bad as Jerry World...home to 60 dollar Pizzas and 45 dollar parking
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
winwave
Top of the WAVE

ajcalhoun wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:25 pm This may not be the right thread for this but what the heck?

Does anyone know what the actual attendance was last not? Not how many tickets were sold but how many actual butts in seats?

My very unscientific guess would be about 8,000, and if I had to bet money using that number I'd take the under.
I
Good thing you took the under. It was around 5k. It will be better next week as Nicholls will bring a good crowd of their own.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Jaxwave
Swell

5,000 fans at an opening game against a P-5 team we have a decent chance to beat. Also, pre-season talk has been positive about chances for a winning season in addition to having a hyped experienced returning starting QB.
Is it just me or is it OK to question the viability of the Tulane football program with that little interest?
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Jaxwave wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:46 pm 5,000 fans at an opening game against a P-5 team we have a decent chance to beat. Also, pre-season talk has been positive about chances for a winning season in addition to having a hyped experienced returning starting QB.
Is it just me or is it OK to question the viability of the Tulane football program with that little interest?
c'mon....did U forget it is Labor Day WeekEnd...the masses left NOLA for a last vacation in Kenner
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
msdos
Swell

God damn it golfnut made me laugh
Bearwave
High Tide

winwave wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:48 am Troy you weren't ready for opening night. Go to get food and are second in line. Cashier swipes the customers card a hundred times and line is forming. Finally another worker comes up and after a while figures out that machine isn't working. She shifts people over to another register with a sign that says cash only. Her first customer goes to pay with cash and she says oh no you have to go over to the other side. Numerous workers but not doing much of anything. The burger meat is crap. No cheese to be had. No mayo. Hot waters at the beginning of the 2nd quarter. Only half the lights working on top of the press box so you turn them off. That should have been checked and corrected before the season. Fix it.
Imagine if there was an actual crowd there :lol:
Bears are Ready to Rhule! Sic'em
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Bearwave wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:02 am
winwave wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:48 am Troy you weren't ready for opening night. Go to get food and are second in line. Cashier swipes the customers card a hundred times and line is forming. Finally another worker comes up and after a while figures out that machine isn't working. She shifts people over to another register with a sign that says cash only. Her first customer goes to pay with cash and she says oh no you have to go over to the other side. Numerous workers but not doing much of anything. The burger meat is crap. No cheese to be had. No mayo. Hot waters at the beginning of the 2nd quarter. Only half the lights working on top of the press box so you turn them off. That should have been checked and corrected before the season. Fix it.
Imagine if there was an actual crowd there :lol:
Thanks. I actually meant to add that in my post. :lol:
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

How was this allowed? The LSU fan in the TV booth.
https://twitter.com/cbssportsnet/status ... 89984?s=21
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Dupergreenie
Surge

golfnut69 wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:12 pm
Jaxwave wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:46 pm 5,000 fans at an opening game against a P-5 team we have a decent chance to beat. Also, pre-season talk has been positive about chances for a winning season in addition to having a hyped experienced returning starting QB.
c'mon....did U forget it is Labor Day WeekEnd...the masses left NOLA for a last vacation in Kenner
I didn't go to the game due to it being a school night. I wonder if that hurt the crowd any.
Houma de Wave
Swell

Dupergreenie wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:49 am
I didn't go to the game due to it being a school night. I wonder if that hurt the crowd any.
We still have to produce something worth going to see. The diehards were there and will be there each week. There are too few of us (diehards). To reach the sellout of a Yulman-opening Ga. Tech-type crowd, we have to have something special to see. This coming week, we are threatened with being outnumbered by Nicholls State fans--not ULL--but, now Nicholls, my alma mater who I never thought I'd see rise to this level. I'll be in my green while some members of my family will be in red and gray. WF better have the guys ready...something tells me he will.
Dupergreenie
Surge

Houma de Wave wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:56 am
Dupergreenie wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:49 am
We still have to produce something worth going to see. The diehards were there and will be there each week. There are too few of us (diehards). To reach the sellout of a Yulman-opening Ga. Tech-type crowd, we have to have something special to see. This coming week, we are threatened with being outnumbered by Nicholls State fans--not ULL--but, now Nicholls, my alma mater who I never thought I'd see rise to this level. I'll be in my green while some members of my family will be in red and gray. WF better have the guys ready...something tells me he will.
I agree with the "product worth seeing".... but I have never missed a game since the stadium opened but had to this time because it was a school night.... how many people didn't go for the same reason...... I think "casual fans" would have gone if it was on Saturday
ajcalhoun
Swell

It was a school night and the Saints were playing in the 'dome at the same time.
God Bless Everyone!
winwave
Top of the WAVE

No doubt the crowd would have been better on Saturday. We scheduled it for Thursday before any TV network picked it up. We should have scheduled it for Saturday.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

College Football’s Growing Problem: Empty Seats - The Wall Street Journal

Just published great story;
If you have an iPhone the article is unlocked on Apple News.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/college-fo ... 1535634001
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

ajcalhoun wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:56 am It was a school night and the Saints were playing in the 'dome at the same time.
Anyone that puts ANY measure of interest into preseason game 4 isn't a college football fan, and is probably too deep into their love affair with their NFL team that they won't be swayed anyway. There's very few players that see the field on the fourth game that will make the team they play for. It's not just the starters that sit out game 4, it's the two deep. And guess what? The NFL is only a 53 man roster, so the first 44 are out and maybe a dozen or two borderline players see the field for preseason game 4. The rest are waiving good by to the NFL.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
greenie78
Riptide

Unfortunately there were way more fans at the Saints game compared to the Wave.
sader24
Tsunami

There were more than 5,000 there. I felt like it was a 10-12k crowd. I brought 3 ppl. 2 left at halftime because they said the game was boring and it was too hot. Same reason I’ve gotten from most of the ppl I’ve brought. I don’t have the answer to fix that. It was a very boring game and it was hot. Move back to the Dome? Do something different on offense? Who knows. I know I have tried since we opened to get anyone to come to these games and haven’t been able to get a single soul to come back for a second game.
greenie78
Riptide

The Dome is still the best option.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

greenie78 wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:07 pm The Dome is still the best option.
But it's not an option .
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
winwave
Top of the WAVE

sader24 wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:26 pm There were more than 5,000 there. I felt like it was a 10-12k crowd. I brought 3 ppl. 2 left at halftime because they said the game was boring and it was too hot. Same reason I’ve gotten from most of the ppl I’ve brought. I don’t have the answer to fix that. It was a very boring game and it was hot. Move back to the Dome? Do something different on offense? Who knows. I know I have tried since we opened to get anyone to come to these games and haven’t been able to get a single soul to come back for a second game.
There's a reason we built a Domed Stadium in this city.
Jaxwave
Swell

Doesn’t matter where Tulane plays, product typically sucks. They have lost fans forever with all the losing. Now playing opponents who generate no interest give them no chance to build a new fan base.
wave97
Swell

Jaxwave wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:06 am Doesn’t matter where Tulane plays, product typically sucks. They have lost fans forever with all the losing. Now playing opponents who generate no interest give them no chance to build a new fan base.
+1. Why should anyone care about Wake Forest?