OSU coach gets 3 game suspension

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
Jaxwave
Swell

OSU will be favored by at least 28 barring injuries to their personnel coming into the game. If Banks gets injured they might be 40 point favorites and I would take the Buckeyes.
If OSU jumps out way ahead by half , I’m for pulling Banks or just having him handoff from that point on.

Wave755
Tsunami

Urban Meyer fate to be decided by OSU Board on Wednesday. http://www.dispatch.com/news/20180820/o ... -wednesday
Dave breslin
Swell

Any bettors on Urban’s fate ? All the pound (#)me too crowd will want him gone, while the money guys will keep him. I’m betting on the money guys with a small kick in the groin. If he’s not coaching against us-they’ll have an excuse why we beat them
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
wave97
Swell

golfnut69 wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:06 pm
GreenLantern wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:51 pm
golfnut69 wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:25 am for what it is worth...I spoke to someone who thinks they are connected to the OSU program, he tells me Urban will be reinstated by Friday
I'm sure no one would be surprised at that. As Edwin Edwards famously stated about his own tenure, the only way to get rid of him would be to release pictures of him naked with either a dead girl or a live boy.
but is or was Urban and ordained Baptist minister like ole Edwin ?,,

looks like Wednesday will be the day the Earth Stands Still..." Nikto...Klaatu...Barada "
http://www.espn.com/college-football/st ... rban-meyer
As far as I can tell Urban Meyer was raised a German Papist.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

wave97 wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:58 pm
golfnut69 wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:06 pm
GreenLantern wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:51 pm
golfnut69 wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:25 am for what it is worth...I spoke to someone who thinks they are connected to the OSU program, he tells me Urban will be reinstated by Friday
I'm sure no one would be surprised at that. As Edwin Edwards famously stated about his own tenure, the only way to get rid of him would be to release pictures of him naked with either a dead girl or a live boy.
but is or was Urban and ordained Baptist minister like ole Edwin ?,,

looks like Wednesday will be the day the Earth Stands Still..." Nikto...Klaatu...Barada "
http://www.espn.com/college-football/st ... rban-meyer
As far as I can tell Urban Meyer was raised a German Papist.
U are correct, but ole Edwin was a Baptist before meeting his first wife, he converted so they could be married in the catholic church
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Dave breslin wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:51 pm Any bettors on Urban’s fate ? All the pound (#)me too crowd will want him gone, while the money guys will keep him. I’m betting on the money guys with a small kick in the groin. If he’s not coaching against us-they’ll have an excuse why we beat them
I love your optimism, Dave. I wish I could share it. I'd lay the points, be it 20 some odd points or more. Even if this drags out until the week of our game, and they fire Meyer that Friday, I'd still lay the points. Hey, we looked good vs. OU for 20 minutes last year, I'd take that this year in Columbus.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

DfromCT
Wild Pelican

golfnut69 wrote: Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:28 pm did they have a choice ?
http://www.espn.com/college-football/st ... ion-public
What's funny is the former head of the Securities and Exchange Commission is leading the investigation. Yeah, that's right, the same SEC that audited Bernie Madoff's hedge fund year after year after year and found no wrong doings. Maybe because Madoff was head of the NASD they turned a blind eye?

Ok, I just posted that I was hoping to keep politics off the board. My bad.
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

GreenLantern wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:09 pm
mbawavefan12 wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:08 pm
Wave755 wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:00 am Urban Meyer investigation to go past initial timetable. https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb ... spartandhp

And, who knows what might "pop-up" for this kind of investigation? Kenneth Star's investigation of Clinton began with the WhiteWater real estate deal and ended with a semen stain on Monica Lewinsky's blue drew and an allegation of perjury by Clinton for a civil deposition in the Paula Jones sexual harassment suit?
...and here i thought this was a board about tulane athletics. My bad.
  • Is Urban Meyer one of the most successful coaches in football whose presence (or lack thereof) could greatly influence the outcome of any game against Ohio State?
  • Did Wave755 link to an article in which facts are discussed that could well determine Urban Meyer's immediate future?
  • Is Ohio State a scheduled opponent for Tulane football this season?
If the answer to those three questions is yes, then many Tulane fans would (should) find the post quite germane to Tulane athletics.
The f@ck Clinton, Lewinsky and whitewater have to do with an investigation of a college fball coach. Huge stretch.

Like I said, I thought this was a Tulane ATHLETICS board. Keep ur politics elsewhere.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

looks like the OSU Dis-trustees are at an impasse regarding The Legend's fate...some want an extended suspension, which The Legend said he will not accept, this may force them to either relent .or fire the said Legend
cajunfanatico
Swell

The Latest: Ohio State calls news conference with Meyer

Ohio State has called a news conference for 8:50 p.m. with university president Michael V. Drake, athletic director Gene Smith, the head of the group that did the investigation of coach Urban Meyer, and Meyer himself.

The school's board of trustees has been in executive session since 9 a.m.

https://www.sfgate.com/news/education/a ... 173878.php
ajcalhoun: Nobody here gives a flying fuck about UL-L and the Sunbelt Conference.
Wave755
Tsunami

Urban Meyer suspended for 3 games. https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/22/spor ... eport.html

So, he makes his "dramatic return" for the Green Wave on September 22nd.
Last edited by Wave755 on Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

We'll be glad to give him a rude awakening!
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

I predict the three game suspension will have very little affect on the play of the Buckeyes. It will put more of a spotlight on the Tulane game since it's his first game back, but that's good for us. So long as we stay competitive and don't get down a bunch of points early on, the extra attention should shine some light on our program's growth. But getting down 21-0 in the first quarter on the way to a 62-14 loss would be a nightmare.

I'd still lay the points. We're getting better, but I don't think we're ready to compete at a top 10 level on the road in a hostile environment.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

DfromCT wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:51 am I predict the three game suspension will have very little affect on the play of the Buckeyes. It will put more of a spotlight on the Tulane game since it's his first game back, but that's good for us. So long as we stay competitive and don't get down a bunch of points early on, the extra attention should shine some light on our program's growth. But getting down 21-0 in the first quarter on the way to a 62-14 loss would be a nightmare.

I'd still lay the points. We're getting better, but I don't think we're ready to compete at a top 10 level on the road in a hostile environment.
If my candle watt memory serves, the last time Tulane went to Big10 country ranked, it was @ number 18 to play Michigan which was in the top 10...it was not much of a game, I think it was 1972 and back then there was only a "Top 20' poll
winwave
Top of the WAVE

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

golfnut69 wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:34 am
If my candle watt memory serves, the last time Tulane went to Big10 country ranked, it was @ number 18 to play Michigan which was in the top 10...it was not much of a game, I think it was 1972 and back then there was only a "Top 20' poll
I don't have Mr. Sweeney's book in front of me, but sometime in the late 40's an undefeated Tulane squad went to Notre Dame and got blown out ND was up something like 28-0 by the end of the first quarter. ND went on to win the national championship while a VERY highly respected Tulane squad finished with a disappointing 7-2-1 record.
Wave755
Tsunami

golfnut69 wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:34 am
DfromCT wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:51 am I predict the three game suspension will have very little affect on the play of the Buckeyes. It will put more of a spotlight on the Tulane game since it's his first game back, but that's good for us. So long as we stay competitive and don't get down a bunch of points early on, the extra attention should shine some light on our program's growth. But getting down 21-0 in the first quarter on the way to a 62-14 loss would be a nightmare.

Here you go nut:
September 30, 1972
No. 18 Tulane at No. 8 Michigan
Michigan Stadium • Ann Arbor, Michigan
L 7–41

And, we choked it, Michigan was not that much better than we were.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Listening to the first and largest sports talk radio station I am pleasantly surprised by the backlash of Meyer keeping his job. At least in this market the majority of folks felt he should be fired because of the mountains of infractions leading up to the conclusion of the investigation. Apparently he tried to get his cell phone wiped clean, lied to investigators and the University President, and protected the coach because he's Earl Bruce's grandson. Earl Bruce gave Urban Meyer his first job and that's why Smith kept his for years after the initial incidents.

Most folks think that if Urban Meyer wasn't 73-8 as HC, he would have been canned. OSU obviously values wins and losses more than integrity and character.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican