Wave over Miami(OH.) 80-59 go to 5-0

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
OUG
Riptide

For those who said that Georgia State would not be a test for us:

As I suspected, we are 4.5 point dogs tomorrow.

I think we are still going to win, but this is not an easy spot for us. It’s our first true road game, it’s at noon, and we are catching an above average team coming off a massive upset loss.

Any win by any number of points will be a good result for Tulane in this one.

tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

OUG wrote:For those who said that Georgia State would not be a test for us:

I think we are still going to win, but this is not an easy spot for us. It’s our first true road game, it’s at noon, and we are catching an above average team coming off a massive upset loss.

Take the 4.5. We’ll win by double digits with no sweat.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
Houma de Wave
Swell

Game starts at 11am CST.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

They are not an above average team. They are a middle of the pack Sunbelt team. We lose and that will say more about us than them.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
OUG
Riptide

winwave wrote:

They are not an above average team. They are a middle of the pack Sunbelt team. We lose and that will say more about us than them.
I don’t care who it says more about, I’m saying we are 4.5 point dogs and it’s our first road game, so it’s silly to overlook it and think it should be an easy win. We were picked at the bottom of our conference and haven’t beaten anyone of note yet either. We aren’t good enough for that attitude yet. We have to prove it.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

No attitude that we should just beat anybody. It's just a piss poor attitude to overplay GSU. So what if it's the first true road game. This is an experienced team. They have played on the road before. It's not like they are going into some raucous arena. My goodness.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Show Me
Tsunami

OUG wrote:
winwave wrote:

I don’t care who it says more about, I’m saying we are 4.5 point dogs and it’s our first road game, so it’s silly to overlook it and think it should be an easy win. We were picked at the bottom of our conference and haven’t beaten anyone of note yet either. We aren’t good enough for that attitude yet. We have to prove it.
I guess we’re just lucky we’re not playing Prairie View. :roll:
OUG
Riptide

Show Me wrote:
OUG wrote:
winwave wrote:

I guess we’re just lucky we’re not playing Prairie View. :roll:
Did I say I thought we would lose? I said we are underdogs.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Couldn't find an LIU Brooklyn thread, so I thought I'd post it here. Quite a few posts in this thread, fwiw, were anti-LIU Brooklyn (understandably) as they were 1-4 at the time. They're on ESPN2 right now trying to play their way into the Big Dance as a 4 seed in the NEC conference. Their hosts, Wagner, have a true High School Gym, that makes Fogelman look downright cavernous!
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V