3 star commits... Now decommits

Talk about the latest recruits here.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

capwave wrote:well this recruiting class just took a swift kick in the nuts. They will not land a top recruit until they can win some damn football games.
And we need the facilities. Everyone knows this except Dickson, who thinks we are all set.

GreenLantern
Riptide

This is anecdotal generalization, but nonetheless: When kids commit to Tulane, they usually announce it on Twitter. There are several of us that usually respond with tweets welcoming them to the Tulane family and wishing them the best. Positive strokes...yada, yada. Most every kid responds immediately with a favorite or a re-tweet. Let's his friends know that he's already got fans. I noticed that Sci was the only one that did not. I thought to myself at the time that a typical kid would fawn over the adulation if they were a serious commit. Got nothing but Sci-lence from him. He appears to be an extraordinary football prospect. Wish him the best and hope that he decides to wear green. A Tulane degree would be worth a lot more twenty years from now than memories of sitting on the LSU bench.
wave97
Swell

The "you'll play here" position is the recruiting equivalent of standing in front of a high powered fan while relieving your bladder
Profoundwizard
Swell

wave97 wrote:Hire Ed Orgeron, or watch LSU win another National Championship.
Not this shit again. Coach O is not head coach material.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

He answer was "he decided too early". Which is probably true. We may still have a shot but it will be a long-shot.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
JerseyWave
Riptide

jonathanjoseph wrote:
capwave wrote:well this recruiting class just took a swift kick in the nuts. They will not land a top recruit until they can win some damn football games.
And we need the facilities. Everyone knows this except Dickson, who thinks we are all set.
We also need a more attractive schedule, replacing Miss St with UMass doesn't help. The 2016 non conference schedule is an embarrassment. Try selling that to the kids CJ is trying to get vs a P5 schedule.
JerseyWave
Riptide

Profoundwizard wrote:
Not this sh*t again. Coach O is not head coach material.
We need to hire the coach on Arizona St's staff that keeps raiding New Orleans of the talent that CJ should get.
JerseyWave
Riptide

tpstulane wrote:He answer was "he decided too early". Which is probably true. We may still have a shot but it will be a long-shot.
A lot can change by next January depending on how the season goes and followed by the coaching carousel. There's a big difference between a 4-8 season and an 8-4 season.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Once again we get our hopes up that CJ is finally delivering on the recruiting trail as was promised when he was hired. Ten the football is pulled away yet again. Not unexpected but it still stings. Of course when you see what I'm about to post it all makes sense.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
wave97
Swell

Profoundwizard wrote:
Not this sh*t again. Coach O is not head coach material.
Frame this quote of yours on the mantlepiece in your mind. Coach Orgeron has straightened up his lifestyle. IMHO, you give him way too little credit, he's no longer the loose cannon of his Oxford days.
Last edited by wave97 on Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
ajcalhoun
Swell

wave97 wrote:The "you'll play here" position is the recruiting equivalent of standing in front of a high powered fan while relieving your bladder
I'm with you. It's basically telling a kid he isn't good enough to compete at a higher level. I would question the heart of any kid who responded positively to that line of reasoning.
God Bless Everyone!
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

GreenLantern wrote:A Tulane degree would be worth a lot more twenty years from now than memories of sitting on the LSU bench.
So let's just throw this bull$hit right out the window. Statistically, not really. The value of a degree is correlated to the degree, not the school. So it's true that an engineering degree from LSU is unquestionably more valuable than a libel arts degree from Tulane.

Oops, we decided to drop engineering.

If we assume the athlete is not going to major in engineering than degrees from both schools are pretty worthless.

Then the decision comes down to whether they'd enjoy spending time in the football facilities and playing the football schedule at an SEC school or Tulane. And there, the decision is a no brainer.

We have NOTHING outside of the the uniqueness of the NOLA experience to offer to such a recruit.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

ajcalhoun wrote:
wave97 wrote:The "you'll play here" position is the recruiting equivalent of standing in front of a high powered fan while relieving your bladder
I'm with you. It's basically telling a kid he isn't good enough to compete at a higher level. I would question the heart of any kid who responded positively to that line of reasoning.
It also filters for losers.
Jonathan
Riptide

Need winning season. These two de commits major blow to our recruiting class. Four wins next year. Yulman like the Dome in attendance. Need to win Fitts.Dickson and CJ. Recruit four star players.
S
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

With Tulane now going hard after more 4 star type kids this is going to happen more than not. It's a risk you have to take recruiting the better athletes. It's too bad he was so heavily recruited. CJ is going to have to break through and keep some of these guys or go back to finding kids in the rough and developing them. It reminds me of the kid from Curtis deal. We are just not ever going to be to compete with LSU. If they want a kid we want he's going there. They will tell him he's got a chance to play and they believe it. That's just how it is. The top kids are always going to want the bigger stage. The P5's are going to negative recruit against us. They always have. He's going to be told why go to Tulane and play in front of 10,000 fans when you can stay home and play in the SEC in front of 100K. Why go there, that's a losing program. Etc.
Tulane Class of 1981
Highwave
Low Tide

tpstulane wrote:With Tulane now going hard after more 4 star type kids this is going to happen more than not. It's a risk you have to take recruiting the better athletes. It's too bad he was so heavily recruited. CJ is going to have to break through and keep some of these guys or go back to finding kids in the rough and developing them. It reminds me of the kid from Curtis deal. We are just not ever going to be to compete with LSU. If they want a kid we want he's going there. They will tell him he's got a chance to play and they believe it. That's just how it is. The top kids are always going to want the bigger stage. The P5's are going to negative recruit against us. They always have. He's going to be told why go to Tulane and play in front of 10,000 fans when you can stay home and play in the SEC in front of 100K. Why go there, that's a losing program. Etc.
Which is why you have to schedule, play and beat SEC/P5 schools.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Highwave wrote:
I agree. Went 0-3 against P5's last season was out scored 116-39 in those three P5 games.
Tulane Class of 1981
RobertM320
Green Wave

Once the big guys start putting money on the table, (or under the table) its amazing how quick kids will change their minds.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
Highwave
Low Tide

tpstulane wrote:
Highwave wrote:
I agree. Went 0-3 against P5's last season was out scored 116-39 in those three P5 games.
No argument from me regarding our pitiful offense last year. However, I am well convinced that we have the talent to close that gap- just need the rest of the program to step up to the plate and do their job (or hire those who can).
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

The Recruiting World in Louisiana is truly a "TOPS'y - Turvy" kinda place
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Rivals now has us at #72. Meanwhile La. Tech has a top 50 class.
Jonathan
Riptide

What happen? LSU L why would they want a three star player? They are loaded with 4 and5s.
Jonathan
Riptide

How did we lose the two all star players from Mc Donough to decommit from Tulane?
Forever TU
Surge

Per his Twitter Sci Martin is announcing his decision tomorrow