3 star commits... Now decommits

Talk about the latest recruits here.
JerseyWave
Riptide

Sci Martin, a DE 3 star commits. Someone post the link......

JerseyWave
Riptide

Robert1969
Riptide

Offers from Arizona State, Colorado State, Miami, SMU, and TCU.

4.87 in the 40.
Jonathan
Riptide

Love those three star commitments and up way to go.
OUG
Riptide

According to 247 he also had offers from Kansas State, Temple, USM, and a bunch more.

We were rated the #56 class nationally on 247 before Martin, and I imagine we may crack the top 50 now with him. That will be tough to maintain, but CJ is certainly recruiting at a solid level.
kingcole
Low Tide

We also added his teammate a NG/OG Crawford who had an offer from Utah.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave

Man, CJ might have turned the corner with regards to recruiting. If only we had given him the needed facilities and not forced the AD's tennis buddies on the coaching staff we would be off to the races.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

WOW...ole CJ must have attended the "Ron Meyer Recruiting Seminar"
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Jonathan
Riptide

Looks like CJ is following Conroy with great three star recruits. If this continues I will have nothing to complain about and all my good friends on this board cannot complain about me as they love to do because they disagree with my opinions. Men and women's basketball,baseball and maybe football now always ladies golf are doing great this year in recruiting which means future wins. Let's get three players and TU staff to get Chattman from LSU to Tulane.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

I hope we can keep him.
“He is very, very quiet and has good grades,” Reese continued. “Tulane is going to love having him, but it will be challenging to keep him. The big schools have all been coming in. North Carolina calls everyday, Oregon has been recruiting him hard, and Florida State are not going to give up.”
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

tpstulane wrote:I hope we can keep him.
“He is very, very quiet and has good grades,” Reese continued. “Tulane is going to love having him, but it will be challenging to keep him. The big schools have all been coming in. North Carolina calls everyday, Oregon has been recruiting him hard, and Florida State are not going to give up.”
Me too. How we do this season will play a huge role in that.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Bigschtick
Riptide

jonathanjoseph wrote:Man, CJ might have turned the corner with regards to recruiting. If only we had given him the needed facilities and not forced the AD's tennis buddies on the coaching staff we would be off to the races.

Most recruits are two stars and until they start playing, it means nothing. He still has not demonstrated he is head coach material.
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
winwave
Top of the WAVE

sader24
Tsunami

Shit. I thought this was the best commit CJ has ever had and it looks like that's the case.
Jonathan
Riptide

Sci looks like a great recruit for Tulane. He should up to a 4 star by 247 Sports.
RobertM320
Green Wave

http://www.nola.com/recruiting/index.ss ... ed_stories

Sounds to me like there's a good chance his commitment to Tulane will stick. Remember, one of the things we all liked about CJ was that he was going to build long term relationships with the local schools. Maybe we were just impatient, expecting it to happen overnight. Seems like maybe those ties are starting to pay dividends.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
sader24
Tsunami

If you've ever been around 16-17yr old kids that are getting heavily recruited you realize pretty quickly that they have no idea what they want to do, change their mind every day, and love the attention. What happens with any of these kids is anyone's best guess.
Jonathan
Riptide

Sci a great I think a four star player. Loyal to CJ or not?
waveclem
Surge

He just decommitted. Per his twitter account
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

waveclem wrote:He just decommitted. Per his twitter account
Probably going the P5 route now I would guess.
https://twitter.com/lilsci49
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
JerseyWave
Riptide

His teammate Crawford also decommited. Big blow to the recruiting class, but signing day is a long way to go. Only way Tulane can help itself is by having a winning season.
capwave
High Tide

well this recruiting class just took a swift kick in the nuts. They will not land a top recruit until they can win some damn football games.
wave97
Swell

Hire Ed Orgeron, or watch LSU win another National Championship.