Offer to Ga Southern commit CB-Martial Washington

Talk about the latest recruits here.
dpm wave
Swell

RobertM320
Green Wave

First time I've ever seen one of those. Interesting that they play up the being in New Orleans part of it.

On the other hand..... Greenwave? Isn't it Green Wave?
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Looks like the gloves are off in the dog-eat-dog world of college football recruiting. I guess Ga. Southern's new coach will do the same. If WF can hit on even 50% of these offers, plus the current commitments that Rollins can keep in the fold, we should have a really good recruiting year. And for any of those Tulane commits that rescinded their commitment (eg LaFrance), they better get back on the list while there still is time and scholies left.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
JerseyWave
Riptide

As I posted earlier, I wish we were setting our sights higher than Georgia Southern level recruits. I want guys who have at least one other P5/AAC offer. Fritz has to step it up to a higher level. No more Sam Houston/Georgia Southern/Sun Belt/Conf USA!
ajcalhoun
Swell

RobertM320 wrote:First time I've ever seen one of those. Interesting that they play up the being in New Orleans part of it.

On the other hand..... Greenwave? Isn't it Green Wave?
I chalk off the "Greenwave" as a typographical error. The part about "You will find that the support systems we have in place to help our players succeed on and off the field are second to none" has me scratching my head.
God Bless Everyone!
OUG
Riptide

JerseyWave wrote:As I posted earlier, I wish we were setting our sights higher than Georgia Southern level recruits. I want guys who have at least one other P5/AAC offer. Fritz has to step it up to a higher level. No more Sam Houston/Georgia Southern/Sun Belt/Conf USA!
This kid has offers from South Carolina and Wake.

Also, that team full of "Georgia Southern -level recruits" would have handed our asses to us this year.

Fritz is a winner and he has his formula that for 20 years is proven. Let's let him do his thing.
nawlinspete
Riptide

Let's not forget that Coach Fritz has obviously been out coaching and out recruiting his competition everywhere he has been.

The fact that he is offering SOME OF his GS recruits
Tulane scholarships reflects his beliefs that these young men are exceptional athletes, students and men who will succeed at Tulane.

Coach Fritz will not be doing this unless he is positive he is not shooting himself in the foot right out of the gate.

Unlike other coaches Coach Fritz recognizes talent and is able to coach up the talent to higher levels which, according to some guy named Nick Saban, is the key to a successful winning PROGRAM.

Roll Wave
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

My guess is that he's a little behind in the recruiting game here so he's going for the kids he's he's familiar with that he recruited for Georgia Southern. I think the next class you may see an upgrade especially if we win.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
nawlinspete
Riptide

Our recruiting, and our on field performance , this coming season will far exceed anything we have experienced since 1998. Coach Fritz's diamonds in the rough will shine far more brightly than the former coach could even hallucinate about. And Coach Fritz will get better on field performance from the carry over players TOO.
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

JerseyWave wrote:As I posted earlier, I wish we were setting our sights higher than Georgia Southern level recruits. I want guys who have at least one other P5/AAC offer. Fritz has to step it up to a higher level. No more Sam Houston/Georgia Southern/Sun Belt/Conf USA!
Most of these guys that were his commitments at GSU that we've offered had P5, or at least high G5 offers. It seems like Fritz at GSU was out-recruiting the "recruiter" we had as our previous head coach. I think we'll see more movement in our recruiting class (in and out) after the coaching staff is named, which will probably be before the New Year.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
ExileWave
Surge

OUG wrote:
This kid has offers from South Carolina and Wake.

Also, that team full of "Georgia Southern -level recruits" would have handed our asses to us this year.

Fritz is a winner and he has his formula that for 20 years is proven. Let's let him do his thing.
This!
Plus, with the down period he only will have 3 weeks to recruit.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

HoustonWave wrote:Looks like the gloves are off in the dog-eat-dog world of college football recruiting. I guess Ga. Southern's new coach will do the same. If WF can hit on even 50% of these offers, plus the current commitments that Rollins can keep in the fold, we should have a really good recruiting year. And for any of those Tulane commits that rescinded their commitment (eg LaFrance), they better get back on the list while there still is time and scholies left.
To quote the most infamous of infamous players for the North Dallas Bulls.."everytime I say it's a game, you say it's a business...every time I say it's a business, you say it's a game"

and as Sonny and Cher once said..."the beat goes on"
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !