Lindsey Scott looking for his 4th different school

Talk about the latest recruits here.
User avatar
GreenLantern
Swell
Posts: 2432
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:41 pm
Status: Offline

Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:14 pm



galvezwave
Surge
Posts: 961
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:34 am
Status: Offline

Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:18 pm

GreenLantern wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:14 pm
[tweet][/tweet]
It’s embarrassing at this point. Try the swac
User avatar
RobertM320
Green Wave
Posts: 7568
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:18 pm
Location: Destrehan, LA
Contact:
Status: Offline

Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:22 pm

Is this a joke? Poor dude will run out of eligibility before he ever sees the field the way things are going.
"ASK AND YE SHALL RECEIVE! HANG EM AND BANG EM! HANG EM AND BANG EM!"-- Todd Graffagnini
User avatar
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 19714
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:22 pm

Has to be a late April Fools joke. No way.
Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981
User avatar
GreenLantern
Swell
Posts: 2432
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:41 pm
Status: Offline

Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:05 pm

tpstulane wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:22 pm
Has to be a late April Fools joke. No way.
I think it's true. The only thing I can find on the web is the LSU guy from Tiger Details who reported this and says that Lindsey has two years eligibility remaining.

Lindsey has not mentioned this on his personal Twitter account but the official Missouri football site no longer shows him on the roster.
User avatar
RobertM320
Green Wave
Posts: 7568
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:18 pm
Location: Destrehan, LA
Contact:
Status: Offline

Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:24 pm

If I'm correct, other than an injury hardship, you get 5 yrs to play 4.

1. 2016 Sat bench at LSU
2. 2017 Played in JUCO
3. 2018 Sat bench at Missouri
4. 2019 :Leaves Missouri for ??
5 2020 ???

My question would be, if he transfers now to any FBS school, he'd have to sit out 2019 because he used his RS in 2016, correct? That would only leave him one year.
So he's most likely going to FCS.

What a waste of a talent.
"ASK AND YE SHALL RECEIVE! HANG EM AND BANG EM! HANG EM AND BANG EM!"-- Todd Graffagnini
Wave755
Riptide
Posts: 3720
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:04 pm
Status: Offline

Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:55 pm

RobertM320 wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:24 pm
If I'm correct, other than an injury hardship, you get 5 yrs to play 4.

1. 2016 Sat bench at LSU
2. 2017 Played in JUCO
3. 2018 Sat bench at Missouri
4. 2019 :Leaves Missouri for ??
5 2020 ???

My question would be, if he transfers now to any FBS school, he'd have to sit out 2019 because he used his RS in 2016, correct? That would only leave him one year.
So he's most likely going to FCS.

What a waste of a talent.
🤔, I wonder how “talented” this guy really is?
mbawavefan12
Tsunami
Posts: 5769
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:17 pm
Status: Offline

Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:17 pm

Man “someone” has given this kid real bad advice. One of the strangest recruiting footprint.
winwave
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 15900
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:34 pm

His dad screwed him up royally just as I said he would all along.
JUST WIN TULANE! NO MORE EXCUSES! WE DESERVE BETTER!
User avatar
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 19714
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:23 am

RobertM320 wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:24 pm
If I'm correct, other than an injury hardship, you get 5 yrs to play 4.

1. 2016 Sat bench at LSU
2. 2017 Played in JUCO
3. 2018 Sat bench at Missouri
4. 2019 :Leaves Missouri for ??
5 2020 ???

My question would be, if he transfers now to any FBS school, he'd have to sit out 2019 because he used his RS in 2016, correct? That would only leave him one year.
So he's most likely going to FCS.

What a waste of a talent.
7 year clock in this case.
https://www.sbnation.com/college-footba ... hip-waiver
Other than injures, a player has a few ways to get a waiver for extra years

The key here, according to the NCAA’s Division I manual, is that the player missed a season of competition because of something “beyond the control of the student-athlete or institution.” Aside from injury, that can be a few things:

A serious illness in a player’s family.
A player’s school giving him bad academic advice or guidance, which leads to that player becoming academically ineligible.
A natural disaster, like an earthquake or flood.
“Extreme financial difficulties” stemming from a major life event, in which the player or the person a player depends on for money suddenly can’t make it. The NCAA cites job layoffs and family deaths as examples of qualifying events.
Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981
puffy
Surge
Posts: 562
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:14 am
Status: Offline

Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:29 am

https://www.nola.com/sports/high_school ... 1777d.html

I'll always remember this gem of an article by Jimmy Smith on LSJr.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican
Posts: 10142
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:38 am
Status: Offline

Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:30 am

tpstulane wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:23 am
RobertM320 wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:24 pm
If I'm correct, other than an injury hardship, you get 5 yrs to play 4.

1. 2016 Sat bench at LSU
2. 2017 Played in JUCO
3. 2018 Sat bench at Missouri
4. 2019 :Leaves Missouri for ??
5 2020 ???

My question would be, if he transfers now to any FBS school, he'd have to sit out 2019 because he used his RS in 2016, correct? That would only leave him one year.
So he's most likely going to FCS.

What a waste of a talent.
7 year clock in this case.
https://www.sbnation.com/college-footba ... hip-waiver
Other than injures, a player has a few ways to get a waiver for extra years

The key here, according to the NCAA’s Division I manual, is that the player missed a season of competition because of something “beyond the control of the student-athlete or institution.” Aside from injury, that can be a few things:

A serious illness in a player’s family.
A player’s school giving him bad academic advice or guidance, which leads to that player becoming academically ineligible.
A natural disaster, like an earthquake or flood.
“Extreme financial difficulties” stemming from a major life event, in which the player or the person a player depends on for money suddenly can’t make it. The NCAA cites job layoffs and family deaths as examples of qualifying events.
he will get a few xtra years...he has two cases.. case one "Family Illness" -, his fater his delusonal,.... case two: "Bad Advice, see case number one
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
User avatar
RobertM320
Green Wave
Posts: 7568
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:18 pm
Location: Destrehan, LA
Contact:
Status: Offline

Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:58 am

His situation doesn't fit into any of those, TPS.
"ASK AND YE SHALL RECEIVE! HANG EM AND BANG EM! HANG EM AND BANG EM!"-- Todd Graffagnini
McWave
Low Tide
Posts: 220
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 11:45 am
Status: Offline

Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:06 am

I recall he had an opportunity to attend Harvard at one point. So now he's looking at a degree from where? Geezzzz
User avatar
NOLABigSteve
Riptide
Posts: 3685
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:00 am
Location: New Orleans, LA
Contact:
Status: Offline

Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:02 am

Sad he's doing all this transferring, etc. all for a game he will more than likely be done playing in a couple of years. His transcript must be a mess. Sure hope he has a good head on his shoulders for when his football days are done.
Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
greenphantom
Swell
Posts: 1789
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:38 pm
Status: Offline

Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:01 am

Dad thought he was next Russell Wilson. I hope we have no interest. He should go FCS at this point.
DfromCT
Green Wave
Posts: 9514
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:50 pm
Location: Stamford, CT
Status: Offline

Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:14 am

greenphantom wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:01 am
Dad thought he was next Russell Wilson. I hope we have no interest. He should go FCS at this point.
He absolutely should go FCS at this point. There's some good schools in the FCS, some of which play at a G5 level.
" For every alum, no matter where they are...I want a football coach that's going to make Saturday something you anticipate and look forward to." --Troy Dannen

Thank you all for your support as my son Zach continues to beat leukemia
HoustonWave
Riptide
Posts: 2926
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:27 pm
Status: Offline

Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:27 am

Wow!! Here we go again— 50 pages should be easy. I do hope Fritz passes on this two-legged disaster. What FCS schools have Tiger mascots?
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
User avatar
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 19714
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:39 am

RobertM320 wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:58 am
His situation doesn't fit into any of those, TPS.
Just tossing it out there. Who knows.
Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981
User avatar
NOLABigSteve
Riptide
Posts: 3685
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:00 am
Location: New Orleans, LA
Contact:
Status: Offline

Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:53 am

HoustonWave wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:27 am
Wow!! Here we go again— 50 pages should be easy.
If only we could somehow connect him to Tanner :mrgreen:
Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
User avatar
RobertM320
Green Wave
Posts: 7568
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:18 pm
Location: Destrehan, LA
Contact:
Status: Offline

Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:00 pm

HoustonWave wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:27 am
Wow!! Here we go again— 50 pages should be easy. I do hope Fritz passes on this two-legged disaster. What FCS schools have Tiger mascots?
He's got choices:

Grambling State
Jackson State
Princeton
Tennessee State
Texas Southern
Towson
"ASK AND YE SHALL RECEIVE! HANG EM AND BANG EM! HANG EM AND BANG EM!"-- Todd Graffagnini
DfromCT
Green Wave
Posts: 9514
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:50 pm
Location: Stamford, CT
Status: Offline

Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:05 pm

At this point he should take Princeton if he could weasel an offer out of them. The Ivy Leagues don't give pure athletic scholarships. Maybe he should re-visit the Harvard coach. His future clearly is not on the gridiron. And either of those schools would probably not accept a lot of his college credits. Tulane should steer clear, I agree. Let's bring in some good 4 year QB's that want to play for coach Fritz.
" For every alum, no matter where they are...I want a football coach that's going to make Saturday something you anticipate and look forward to." --Troy Dannen

Thank you all for your support as my son Zach continues to beat leukemia
User avatar
ajcalhoun
Swell
Posts: 2076
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:42 pm
Status: Offline

Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:20 pm

RobertM320 wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:00 pm
HoustonWave wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:27 am
Wow!! Here we go again— 50 pages should be easy. I do hope Fritz passes on this two-legged disaster. What FCS schools have Tiger mascots?
He's got choices:

Grambling State
Jackson State
Princeton
Tennessee State
Texas Southern
Towson
One of those is quite unlike the others.
Welcome to gotula.net, where it's never too late to mention Tanner Lee, Andy Cannizaro, Lindsey Scott Jr., Rich Rodriguez, David Pierce, or, of course, Scott Cowen. You see, no horse here is so dead that it cannot be beaten just a little bit more.
HoustonWave
Riptide
Posts: 2926
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:27 pm
Status: Offline

Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:48 am

ajcalhoun wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:20 pm
RobertM320 wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:00 pm
HoustonWave wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:27 am
Wow!! Here we go again— 50 pages should be easy. I do hope Fritz passes on this two-legged disaster. What FCS schools have Tiger mascots?
He's got choices:

Grambling State
Jackson State
Princeton
Tennessee State
Texas Southern
Towson
One of those is quite unlike the others.
:lol: like the old test question, “which one doesn’t belong?”
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
Wave755
Riptide
Posts: 3720
Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:04 pm
Status: Offline

Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:43 am

DfromCT wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:05 pm
At this point he should take Princeton if he could weasel an offer out of them. The Ivy Leagues don't give pure athletic scholarships. Maybe he should re-visit the Harvard coach. His future clearly is not on the gridiron. And either of those schools would probably not accept a lot of his college credits. Tulane should steer clear, I agree. Let's bring in some good 4 year QB's that want to play for coach Fritz.
Yep, we are no longer "beggars" for football talent. WF will never offer Scott again.
Post Reply