Lindsey Scott at his 5th different school

Talk about the latest recruits here.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

RobertM320 wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:54 pm
HoustonWave wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:45 am
Bicoastalwave wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:26 am Will this thread make 40 pages ? I think it’s all but assured
But it still isn't in the league of the infamous Tanner Lee thread--which I think was in the high 80's, last time it was updated.
Both of those threads are just minor diversions. If you want to talk threads, the Yulman Stadium (Benson Field) thread is 247 pages long. THAT'S a thread!
.it is a whole damn spool of thread !!!

Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Ok...sum body contact Tim Mcgraw so he can write the "Ballad of Lindsey Scott
'....death of an athletic career"...then again there is always 30 for 30
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
GreenLantern
Riptide

galvezwave
Swell

GreenLantern wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:14 pm [tweet][/tweet]
It’s embarrassing at this point. Try the swac
RobertM320
Green Wave

Is this a joke? Poor dude will run out of eligibility before he ever sees the field the way things are going.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Has to be a late April Fools joke. No way.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
GreenLantern
Riptide

tpstulane wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:22 pm Has to be a late April Fools joke. No way.
I think it's true. The only thing I can find on the web is the LSU guy from Tiger Details who reported this and says that Lindsey has two years eligibility remaining.

Lindsey has not mentioned this on his personal Twitter account but the official Missouri football site no longer shows him on the roster.
RobertM320
Green Wave

If I'm correct, other than an injury hardship, you get 5 yrs to play 4.

1. 2016 Sat bench at LSU
2. 2017 Played in JUCO
3. 2018 Sat bench at Missouri
4. 2019 :Leaves Missouri for ??
5 2020 ???

My question would be, if he transfers now to any FBS school, he'd have to sit out 2019 because he used his RS in 2016, correct? That would only leave him one year.
So he's most likely going to FCS.

What a waste of a talent.
"That mantra is the only consistent thing that never needs to ever change for the rest of this program’s existence because that is all that matters & as long as that keeps occurring, everything will handle itself" -- Nick Anderson
Wave755
Tsunami

RobertM320 wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:24 pm If I'm correct, other than an injury hardship, you get 5 yrs to play 4.

1. 2016 Sat bench at LSU
2. 2017 Played in JUCO
5 2020 ???

My question would be, if he transfers now to any FBS school, he'd have to sit out 2019 because he used his RS in 2016, correct? That would only leave him one year.

🤔, I wonder how “talented” this guy really is?
mbawavefan12
Tsunami

Man “someone” has given this kid real bad advice. One of the strangest recruiting footprint.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

His dad screwed him up royally just as I said he would all along.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

RobertM320 wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:24 pm If I'm correct, other than an injury hardship, you get 5 yrs to play 4.

1. 2016 Sat bench at LSU
2. 2017 Played in JUCO
5 2020 ???

7 year clock in this case.
https://www.sbnation.com/college-footba ... hip-waiver
Other than injures, a player has a few ways to get a waiver for extra years

The key here, according to the NCAA’s Division I manual, is that the player missed a season of competition because of something “beyond the control of the student-athlete or institution.” Aside from injury, that can be a few things:

A serious illness in a player’s family.
A player’s school giving him bad academic advice or guidance, which leads to that player becoming academically ineligible.
A natural disaster, like an earthquake or flood.
“Extreme financial difficulties” stemming from a major life event, in which the player or the person a player depends on for money suddenly can’t make it. The NCAA cites job layoffs and family deaths as examples of qualifying events.
Tulane Class of 1981
puffy
Surge

https://www.nola.com/sports/high_school ... 1777d.html

I'll always remember this gem of an article by Jimmy Smith on LSJr.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

tpstulane wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:23 am

1. 2016 Sat bench at LSU
2. 2017 Played in JUCO
5 2020 ???

7 year clock in this case.
https://www.sbnation.com/college-footba ... hip-waiver
Other than injures, a player has a few ways to get a waiver for extra years

The key here, according to the NCAA’s Division I manual, is that the player missed a season of competition because of something “beyond the control of the student-athlete or institution.” Aside from injury, that can be a few things:

A serious illness in a player’s family.
A player’s school giving him bad academic advice or guidance, which leads to that player becoming academically ineligible.
A natural disaster, like an earthquake or flood.
“Extreme financial difficulties” stemming from a major life event, in which the player or the person a player depends on for money suddenly can’t make it. The NCAA cites job layoffs and family deaths as examples of qualifying events.
he will get a few xtra years...he has two cases.. case one "Family Illness" -, his fater his delusonal,.... case two: "Bad Advice, see case number one
RobertM320
Green Wave

His situation doesn't fit into any of those, TPS.
McWave
High Tide

I recall he had an opportunity to attend Harvard at one point. So now he's looking at a degree from where? Geezzzz
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

Sad he's doing all this transferring, etc. all for a game he will more than likely be done playing in a couple of years. His transcript must be a mess. Sure hope he has a good head on his shoulders for when his football days are done.
Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
greenphantom
Swell

Dad thought he was next Russell Wilson. I hope we have no interest. He should go FCS at this point.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

greenphantom wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:01 am Dad thought he was next Russell Wilson. I hope we have no interest. He should go FCS at this point.
He absolutely should go FCS at this point. There's some good schools in the FCS, some of which play at a G5 level.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
HoustonWave
Tsunami

Wow!! Here we go again— 50 pages should be easy. I do hope Fritz passes on this two-legged disaster. What FCS schools have Tiger mascots?
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

RobertM320 wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:58 am His situation doesn't fit into any of those, TPS.
Just tossing it out there. Who knows.
Tulane Class of 1981
NOLABigSteve
Riptide

HoustonWave wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:27 am Wow!! Here we go again— 50 pages should be easy.
If only we could somehow connect him to Tanner :mrgreen:
Roll Wave!
Tulane University c/o 2003
Football Defensive End '99, '00, '01, '02
2002 Hawaii Bowl Champions
School of Engineering (Computer Science)
RobertM320
Green Wave

HoustonWave wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:27 am Wow!! Here we go again— 50 pages should be easy. I do hope Fritz passes on this two-legged disaster. What FCS schools have Tiger mascots?
He's got choices:

Grambling State
Jackson State
Princeton
Tennessee State
Texas Southern
Towson
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

At this point he should take Princeton if he could weasel an offer out of them. The Ivy Leagues don't give pure athletic scholarships. Maybe he should re-visit the Harvard coach. His future clearly is not on the gridiron. And either of those schools would probably not accept a lot of his college credits. Tulane should steer clear, I agree. Let's bring in some good 4 year QB's that want to play for coach Fritz.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
ajcalhoun
Swell

RobertM320 wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:00 pm
HoustonWave wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:27 am Wow!! Here we go again— 50 pages should be easy. I do hope Fritz passes on this two-legged disaster. What FCS schools have Tiger mascots?
He's got choices:

Grambling State
Jackson State
Princeton
Tennessee State
Texas Southern
Towson
One of those is quite unlike the others.
God Bless Everyone!