3 star commits... Now decommits

Talk about the latest recruits here.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave
Posts: 9299
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:54 pm
Status: Offline

Fri Jun 19, 2015 7:51 pm

capwave wrote:well this recruiting class just took a swift kick in the nuts. They will not land a top recruit until they can win some damn football games.
And we need the facilities. Everyone knows this except Dickson, who thinks we are all set.


User avatar
GreenLantern
Swell
Posts: 2432
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:41 pm
Status: Offline

Fri Jun 19, 2015 7:52 pm

This is anecdotal generalization, but nonetheless: When kids commit to Tulane, they usually announce it on Twitter. There are several of us that usually respond with tweets welcoming them to the Tulane family and wishing them the best. Positive strokes...yada, yada. Most every kid responds immediately with a favorite or a re-tweet. Let's his friends know that he's already got fans. I noticed that Sci was the only one that did not. I thought to myself at the time that a typical kid would fawn over the adulation if they were a serious commit. Got nothing but Sci-lence from him. He appears to be an extraordinary football prospect. Wish him the best and hope that he decides to wear green. A Tulane degree would be worth a lot more twenty years from now than memories of sitting on the LSU bench.
User avatar
wave97
Swell
Posts: 1711
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:08 pm
Status: Offline

Fri Jun 19, 2015 8:42 pm

The "you'll play here" position is the recruiting equivalent of standing in front of a high powered fan while relieving your bladder
Profoundwizard
Swell
Posts: 1397
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:50 pm
Status: Offline

Fri Jun 19, 2015 8:48 pm

wave97 wrote:Hire Ed Orgeron, or watch LSU win another National Championship.
Not this shit again. Coach O is not head coach material.
User avatar
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 19714
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

Fri Jun 19, 2015 8:58 pm

He answer was "he decided too early". Which is probably true. We may still have a shot but it will be a long-shot.
Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981
JerseyWave
Riptide
Posts: 4070
Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:09 pm
Location: Bay Area, California
Status: Offline

Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:29 pm

jonathanjoseph wrote:
capwave wrote:well this recruiting class just took a swift kick in the nuts. They will not land a top recruit until they can win some damn football games.
And we need the facilities. Everyone knows this except Dickson, who thinks we are all set.
We also need a more attractive schedule, replacing Miss St with UMass doesn't help. The 2016 non conference schedule is an embarrassment. Try selling that to the kids CJ is trying to get vs a P5 schedule.
JerseyWave
Riptide
Posts: 4070
Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:09 pm
Location: Bay Area, California
Status: Offline

Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:31 pm

Profoundwizard wrote:
wave97 wrote:Hire Ed Orgeron, or watch LSU win another National Championship.
Not this sh*t again. Coach O is not head coach material.
We need to hire the coach on Arizona St's staff that keeps raiding New Orleans of the talent that CJ should get.
JerseyWave
Riptide
Posts: 4070
Joined: Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:09 pm
Location: Bay Area, California
Status: Offline

Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:34 pm

tpstulane wrote:He answer was "he decided too early". Which is probably true. We may still have a shot but it will be a long-shot.
A lot can change by next January depending on how the season goes and followed by the coaching carousel. There's a big difference between a 4-8 season and an 8-4 season.
winwave
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 15900
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:12 pm

Once again we get our hopes up that CJ is finally delivering on the recruiting trail as was promised when he was hired. Ten the football is pulled away yet again. Not unexpected but it still stings. Of course when you see what I'm about to post it all makes sense.
JUST WIN TULANE! NO MORE EXCUSES! WE DESERVE BETTER!
winwave
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 15900
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:38 pm

JUST WIN TULANE! NO MORE EXCUSES! WE DESERVE BETTER!
User avatar
wave97
Swell
Posts: 1711
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:08 pm
Status: Offline

Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:55 pm

Profoundwizard wrote:
wave97 wrote:Hire Ed Orgeron, or watch LSU win another National Championship.
Not this sh*t again. Coach O is not head coach material.
Frame this quote of yours on the mantlepiece in your mind. Coach Orgeron has straightened up his lifestyle. IMHO, you give him way too little credit, he's no longer the loose cannon of his Oxford days.
Last edited by wave97 on Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
ajcalhoun
Swell
Posts: 2076
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:42 pm
Status: Offline

Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:15 pm

wave97 wrote:The "you'll play here" position is the recruiting equivalent of standing in front of a high powered fan while relieving your bladder
I'm with you. It's basically telling a kid he isn't good enough to compete at a higher level. I would question the heart of any kid who responded positively to that line of reasoning.
Welcome to gotula.net, where it's never too late to mention Tanner Lee, Andy Cannizaro, Lindsey Scott Jr., Rich Rodriguez, David Pierce, or, of course, Scott Cowen. You see, no horse here is so dead that it cannot be beaten just a little bit more.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave
Posts: 9299
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:54 pm
Status: Offline

Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:16 am

GreenLantern wrote:A Tulane degree would be worth a lot more twenty years from now than memories of sitting on the LSU bench.
So let's just throw this bull$hit right out the window. Statistically, not really. The value of a degree is correlated to the degree, not the school. So it's true that an engineering degree from LSU is unquestionably more valuable than a libel arts degree from Tulane.

Oops, we decided to drop engineering.

If we assume the athlete is not going to major in engineering than degrees from both schools are pretty worthless.

Then the decision comes down to whether they'd enjoy spending time in the football facilities and playing the football schedule at an SEC school or Tulane. And there, the decision is a no brainer.

We have NOTHING outside of the the uniqueness of the NOLA experience to offer to such a recruit.
jonathanjoseph
Green Wave
Posts: 9299
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:54 pm
Status: Offline

Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:17 am

ajcalhoun wrote:
wave97 wrote:The "you'll play here" position is the recruiting equivalent of standing in front of a high powered fan while relieving your bladder
I'm with you. It's basically telling a kid he isn't good enough to compete at a higher level. I would question the heart of any kid who responded positively to that line of reasoning.
It also filters for losers.
Jonathan
Riptide
Posts: 4207
Joined: Fri Dec 24, 2010 5:03 pm
Status: Offline

Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:35 am

Need winning season. These two de commits major blow to our recruiting class. Four wins next year. Yulman like the Dome in attendance. Need to win Fitts.Dickson and CJ. Recruit four star players.
S
User avatar
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 19714
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

Sat Jun 20, 2015 6:39 am

With Tulane now going hard after more 4 star type kids this is going to happen more than not. It's a risk you have to take recruiting the better athletes. It's too bad he was so heavily recruited. CJ is going to have to break through and keep some of these guys or go back to finding kids in the rough and developing them. It reminds me of the kid from Curtis deal. We are just not ever going to be to compete with LSU. If they want a kid we want he's going there. They will tell him he's got a chance to play and they believe it. That's just how it is. The top kids are always going to want the bigger stage. The P5's are going to negative recruit against us. They always have. He's going to be told why go to Tulane and play in front of 10,000 fans when you can stay home and play in the SEC in front of 100K. Why go there, that's a losing program. Etc.
Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981
Highwave
Low Tide
Posts: 141
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:06 am
Status: Offline

Sat Jun 20, 2015 7:27 am

tpstulane wrote:With Tulane now going hard after more 4 star type kids this is going to happen more than not. It's a risk you have to take recruiting the better athletes. It's too bad he was so heavily recruited. CJ is going to have to break through and keep some of these guys or go back to finding kids in the rough and developing them. It reminds me of the kid from Curtis deal. We are just not ever going to be to compete with LSU. If they want a kid we want he's going there. They will tell him he's got a chance to play and they believe it. That's just how it is. The top kids are always going to want the bigger stage. The P5's are going to negative recruit against us. They always have. He's going to be told why go to Tulane and play in front of 10,000 fans when you can stay home and play in the SEC in front of 100K. Why go there, that's a losing program. Etc.
Which is why you have to schedule, play and beat SEC/P5 schools.
User avatar
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 19714
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

Sat Jun 20, 2015 8:37 am

Highwave wrote:
Which is why you have to schedule, play and beat SEC/P5 schools.
I agree. Went 0-3 against P5's last season was out scored 116-39 in those three P5 games.
Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981
User avatar
RobertM320
Green Wave
Posts: 7568
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:18 pm
Location: Destrehan, LA
Contact:
Status: Offline

Sat Jun 20, 2015 8:51 am

Once the big guys start putting money on the table, (or under the table) its amazing how quick kids will change their minds.
"ASK AND YE SHALL RECEIVE! HANG EM AND BANG EM! HANG EM AND BANG EM!"-- Todd Graffagnini
Highwave
Low Tide
Posts: 141
Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:06 am
Status: Offline

Sat Jun 20, 2015 9:06 am

tpstulane wrote:
Highwave wrote:
Which is why you have to schedule, play and beat SEC/P5 schools.
I agree. Went 0-3 against P5's last season was out scored 116-39 in those three P5 games.
No argument from me regarding our pitiful offense last year. However, I am well convinced that we have the talent to close that gap- just need the rest of the program to step up to the plate and do their job (or hire those who can).
golfnut69
Wild Pelican
Posts: 10142
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:38 am
Status: Offline

Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:46 am

The Recruiting World in Louisiana is truly a "TOPS'y - Turvy" kinda place
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
winwave
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 15900
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

Sat Jun 20, 2015 4:04 pm

Rivals now has us at #72. Meanwhile La. Tech has a top 50 class.
JUST WIN TULANE! NO MORE EXCUSES! WE DESERVE BETTER!
Jonathan
Riptide
Posts: 4207
Joined: Fri Dec 24, 2010 5:03 pm
Status: Offline

Sun Jun 21, 2015 1:44 am

What happen? LSU L why would they want a three star player? They are loaded with 4 and5s.
Jonathan
Riptide
Posts: 4207
Joined: Fri Dec 24, 2010 5:03 pm
Status: Offline

Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:54 pm

How did we lose the two all star players from Mc Donough to decommit from Tulane?
Forever TU
High Tide
Posts: 271
Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:18 pm
Status: Offline

Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:10 pm

Per his Twitter Sci Martin is announcing his decision tomorrow
Post Reply