Oliver Mitchell Commits

Talk about the latest recruits here.
greenphantom
Swell

winwave wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2024 6:49 pm
greenphantom wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2024 4:55 pm
winwave wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2024 2:53 pm

The point is they were both more highly rated by Rivals, who is more discerning with their ratings, when they committed to Tulane. As for the offers at this point they are similar. Spears ultimate offers are better than what Mitchell has at this point.
Tulane 2024 Early Offer > 2019 5-7 Grayshirt Offer from Kansas State but I guess we should just not show up to play the Wildcats this year since they are such a huge Football Power :)
We were coming off a minor Bowl season then just like now. I know we all want to puff our chest off that Cotton Bowl season but that was just one magical season where everything fell into place. We didn't play anything like that team last year. Yes we won 11 games but the competition was down. KSU no matter the record is a P5 offer which means everything to these kids.
Tell that to Shazz Preston who was also offered and visited Kansas State.

winwave
Top of the WAVE

Spears came here too. Doesn't change the fact it's a P5 offer. It's a good offer from a program many early predictions are saying will be in the CFP.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
greenphantom
Swell

If a P5 offer is everything to kids, then doesn't it stand to reason that 100% of our recruits would only have G5 offers since no one would consider us over a mediocre, low academic school in the watered down Big 12? K-State was pretty good 2 years ago when we beat them, but they certainly didn't have any more talent than we had at the time. People need to chill and let Sumrall do his thing.
Dave breslin
Swell

Welcome Oliver!
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Not all those offers are actionable. Those P5's fill up and then we get the kid. That's how it works often times. You need to chill. The fact is his offers aren't impressive at this point. We all hope he puts on weight and has a great senior year .
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Dave breslin
Swell

We can argue over who’s smarter or who has a bigger schlong, but bottom line is Spears, no matter how many stars he had or didn’t have—he sure played like a 5 star and I hope Oliver does the same. And Tim, that’s purple and school bus yellow—not gold
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Clearly the coaching staff sees enough talent to offer a scholarship. That's all I need to know. Welcome Oliver, may you do great things at Tulane.
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
arkhou02
Surge

DfromCT wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2024 7:55 pm Clearly the coaching staff sees enough talent to offer a scholarship. That's all I need to know. Welcome Oliver, may you do great things at Tulane.
Probably settled.
greenphantom
Swell

arkhou02 wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2024 10:33 pm
DfromCT wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2024 7:55 pm Clearly the coaching staff sees enough talent to offer a scholarship. That's all I need to know. Welcome Oliver, may you do great things at Tulane.
Probably settled.
You should stick to playing Pickleball and Checkers.
arkhou02
Surge

You should learn to speak to others
AugWave
Swell

This site never ceases to amaze me. Same shit, different day.
I don't yell. I don't scream. I don't argue. I just hit 'em over the head with a bottle.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Dave breslin wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2024 7:47 pm We can argue over who’s smarter or who has a bigger schlong, but bottom line is Spears, no matter how many stars he had or didn’t have—he sure played like a 5 star and I hope Oliver does the same. And Tim, that’s purple and school bus yellow—not gold
Good point!
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
TURVS71
Swell

AugWave wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2024 11:29 am This site never ceases to amaze me. Same shit, different day.

Come on , you KNOW you love GOTULA ..( According to a national tweet ( THE BEST Tulane Fan Site!)
'Here's a song for the Olive and the Blue"
nawlinspete
Riptide

The cone of silence frustrates all of us .
Does the cone infer no plan and no interest in building up Athletics ?
Does the cone infer significant plans in the works ?

Or does the cone infer absolutely no change anticipated ?
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
bananax07
Low Tide

nawlinspete wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2024 12:24 pm Does the cone infer significant plans in the works ?
has it ever?
arkhou02
Surge

Most of these recruits pray for that P5 offer. Offers them leverage to negotiate. That is where we fall on our face. Can’t compete with the P4 big boys for highly high school recruited players. Those days are gone.
Last edited by arkhou02 on Mon Jun 17, 2024 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
arkhou02
Surge

AugWave wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2024 11:29 am This site never ceases to amaze me. Same shit, different day.
Practically the same shit for 50 years. Except now we actually have to pay wages and bonuses to play ball. This is a new gigantic pile of shit that our administration is absolutely not ready to handle.
Last edited by arkhou02 on Mon Jun 17, 2024 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kingcole
Low Tide

Were any of these commits at the lsu/TU camp ?
greenphantom
Swell

TURVS71 wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2024 11:38 am

Come on , you KNOW you love GOTULA ..( According to a national tweet ( THE BEST Tulane Fan Site!)
The K-State Message Board is higher ranked by Rivals. It's my life long dream to post there one day but I'm just a lowly G5 fan :)
anEngineer
Riptide

What I can't imagine is continuing to follow something that I'm generally bitter about like a few on this site. I think I would have to move on to something I actually liked.
arkhou02
Surge

Bitter is an understatement. I have supported Tulane athletics for 50 years. After waiting for a winner, a team that could compete week in week out, we are now on the doorstep of being basically extinct. Ten years to prepare for this. Win a cotton bowl and did nothing. Watching our peers like Houston, SMU, and UCF killing it on the recruiting trail while we struggle definitely pisses me off. The school has screwed the fans over again as we head into a completely different game of college football beginning in 2025. Believe me when I say Tulane as of today is in no way prepared for what is coming. Bitter is putting it mildly. And I am not going to stand by and say nothing. Too much invested to just walk away and throw up my hands and say everything will be alright. I can’t believe more people aren’t letting the school know how they feel about this fiasco we find ourself in.
HoustonWave
Green Wave

arkhou02 wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2024 12:47 pm Most of these recruits pray for that P5 offer. Offers them leverage to negotiate. That is where we fall on our face. Can’t compete with the P4 big boys for highly high school recruited players. Those days are gone.
I think you're right Ark. The NIL/payroll cover charge for good high school players will be too high and risky for our limited resources. We are probably better off deploying what we have towards Portal Transfers from P4 programs. Clearly Sumrall has given more focus to the portal, and that's probably the right strategy for Tulane.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
HoustonWave
Green Wave

arkhou02 wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2024 1:01 pm
Practically the same shit for 50 years. Except now we actually have to pay wages and bonuses to play ball. This is a new gigantic pile of shit that our administration is absolutely not ready to handle.
Absolutely. There is no reason to believe that Gibson Hall is in any position to understand, comprehend or effectively act on the radical changes that are unfolding in college athletics. After almost 75 years of being deaf, dumb and blind on college athletics and continually behind the curve, there is no reason to expect them to keep up with the curve that is now rapidly changing.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

HoustonWave wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2024 7:35 am
arkhou02 wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2024 1:01 pm
Absolutely. There is no reason to believe that Gibson Hall is in any position to understand, comprehend or effectively act on the radical changes that are unfolding in college athletics. After almost 75 years of being deaf, dumb and blind on college athletics and continually behind the curve, there is no reason to expect them to keep up with the curve that is now rapidly changing.
Clint Eastwood made a movie regarding Gibson Hall and the curve
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trouble_with_the_Curve

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2083383/
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
winwave
Top of the WAVE