Talk about the latest recruits here.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

He's a WR from Karr HS in NOLA. Currently not rated:

https://n.rivals.com/content/athletes/o ... 99?view=pv

BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
TerryD101
Low Tide

Thought I saw he is a 3 star
winwave
Top of the WAVE

I posted from the Rivals site. Maybe 247 gave him 3 stars.
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
arkhou02
Surge

Not a lot of good offers.
greenphantom
Swell

Offers from UAB, ULL, Troy, LA Tech and Marshall. That's nothing to sneeze at this early in the recruiting process as he still has his senior year of high school ahead of him. 3.7 GPA.
Show Me
Tsunami

greenphantom wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2024 6:16 pm Offers from UAB, ULL, Troy, LA Tech and Marshall. That's nothing to sneeze at this early in the recruiting process as he still has his senior year of high school ahead of him. 3.7 GPA.
G5 kid.
greenphantom
Swell

He has better offers now than Spears or Pratt had and he hasn't even played 1 game of his senior year. Hes now committed to one of the Top G5 schools so right there shows he's a legit recruit and I expect there will be some P4 schools who try to flip him before signing day.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

That's not true. Spears had an offer from Kansas State. Pratt had multiple MAC offers.
arkhou02
Surge

The offers are from CUSA, Sunbelt, etc. We should be swimming against better competition but we can’t afford it.
Last edited by arkhou02 on Sun Jun 16, 2024 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
greenphantom
Swell

arkhou02 wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2024 9:00 am The offers are from CUSA, Sunbelt, etc. We should be swimming an against better competition but we can’t afford it.
You left out that he has 2 AAC offers and offers from 3 other bowl teams. You don't think his being an early commit to Tulane is not going to put him on the radar of many P4 programs? These aren't the days when we were terrible and we were the only FBS offer for many of our recruits. Chill out and let Sumrall do his magic. We know we are going to rely on mostly 3 star high school recruits and getting more high profile players via the transfer portal. It's called Reality.
greenphantom
Swell

winwave wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2024 8:59 am That's not true. Spears had an offer from Kansas State. Pratt had multiple MAC offers.
247 only lists USM and Texas State as Spears other FBS offers. If K State offered, it would have been late which is likely going to happen with this particular recruit should he have a good senior year. Pratt was mostly Ivy League and yes, a few MAC schools but none of his offers, including Tulane at the time, compare to Oliver Mitchell's offer and commitment to a much stronger Tulane program.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

greenphantom wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2024 10:12 am
winwave wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2024 8:59 am That's not true. Spears had an offer from Kansas State. Pratt had multiple MAC offers.
247 only lists USM and Texas State as Spears other FBS offers. If K State offered, it would have been late which is likely going to happen with this particular recruit should he have a good senior year. Pratt was mostly Ivy League and yes, a few MAC schools but none of his offers, including Tulane at the time, compare to Oliver Mitchell's offer and commitment to a much stronger Tulane program.
Per Rivals Spears was offered by Kansas State. As for Pratt his offers are comparable despite your protest.
greenphantom
Swell

winwave wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2024 10:57 am
Per Rivals Spears was offered by Kansas State. As for Pratt his offers are comparable despite your protest.
So you are saying that Tulane in 2024 is comparable to MAC schools and Tulane in 2019? Doubt many coaches would agree. Again, you guys are missing the point. Usually, guys with several G5 offers this early usually end up getting P4 offers later on as schools try to fill their recruiting class. I recall Rob Kelly and Dante Butler having only G5 offers but suddenly Arizona and Minnesota offered just before Signing Day.
greenphantom
Swell

Also I just found a Hullabaloo article where Spears confirmed he chose between Tulane and Kansas State but he did say that K State didn't come in and offer until 2 weeks before Signing Day. Before then it was only Tulane, USM and Texas State who offered in addition to FCS schools.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

First off 247 gives out 3 stars like candy. Spears and Pratt were rated 3 stars by Rivals when they committed to us. We can hope Mitchell gets a KSU offer(s) before signing day.

To be clear to everyone else I’m not knocking the kid. He's coming from a good program and has time to put on weight. I was simply responding to the comparison of offers.
greenphantom
Swell

The main point is he currently has better offers than Spears and Pratt had before their Senior seasons and arguably better than those 2 ended up with. This kid is a solid local recruit who I believe will likely be one we have to fight to hold onto. I don't think anyone needs to negatively label a commit as a G5 kid. Our entire team is comprised of G5 players..

Also, Spears's K State last minute offer was at a time when they were coming off a 5-7 season so it's not like that was a huge P5 offer at the time. An early Tulane 2024 offer trumps a last minute K State,2019 offer comparing apples to apples imo.
arkhou02
Surge

greenphantom wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2024 10:03 am
arkhou02 wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2024 9:00 am The offers are from CUSA, Sunbelt, etc. We should be swimming an against better competition but we can’t afford it.
You left out that he has 2 AAC offers and offers from 3 other bowl teams. You don't think his being an early commit to Tulane is not going to put him on the radar of many P4 programs? These aren't the days when we were terrible and we were the only FBS offer for many of our recruits. Chill out and let Sumrall do his magic. We know we are going to rely on mostly 3 star high school recruits and getting more high profile players via the transfer portal. It's called Reality.
Very chilled. Just the reality we are going to be recruiting against ULL, ULM, etc. Yippee!
Last edited by arkhou02 on Sun Jun 16, 2024 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
arkhou02
Surge

greenphantom wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2024 12:26 pm The main point is he currently has better offers than Spears and Pratt had before their Senior seasons and arguably better than those 2 ended up with. This kid is a solid local recruit who I believe will likely be one we have to fight to hold onto. I don't think anyone needs to negatively label a commit as a G5 kid. Our entire team is comprised of G5 players..

Also, Spears's K State last minute offer was at a time when they were coming off a 5-7 season so it's not like that was a huge P5 offer at the time. An early Tulane 2024 offer trumps a last minute K State,2019 offer comparing apples to apples imo.
The main point is our recruiting competition will look like the Sunbelt and which is exactly what the administration wanted. Congratulations to Gibson Hall. Yay!
Last edited by arkhou02 on Sun Jun 16, 2024 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JerseyWave
Riptide

High School recruiting has become secondary to the transfer portal. High school kids committing in June before their senior year is meaningless.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

greenphantom wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2024 12:26 pm The main point is he currently has better offers than Spears and Pratt had before their Senior seasons and arguably better than those 2 ended up with. This kid is a solid local recruit who I believe will likely be one we have to fight to hold onto. I don't think anyone needs to negatively label a commit as a G5 kid. Our entire team is comprised of G5 players..

The point is they were both more highly rated by Rivals, who is more discerning with their ratings, when they committed to Tulane. As for the offers at this point they are similar. Spears ultimate offers are better than what Mitchell has at this point.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

greenphantom wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2024 11:21 am

So you are saying that Tulane in 2024 is comparable to MAC schools and Tulane in 2019? Doubt many coaches would agree. Again, you guys are missing the point. Usually, guys with several G5 offers this early usually end up getting P4 offers later on as schools try to fill their recruiting class. I recall Rob Kelly and Dante Butler having only G5 offers but suddenly Arizona and Minnesota offered just before Signing Day.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

winwave wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2024 3:11 pm

A few that we lost were Jesuit’s Foster Moreau to LSU and a LB from John Curtis Duke Riley that ended up in Purple and Gold.
Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
greenphantom
Swell

winwave wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2024 2:53 pm

The point is they were both more highly rated by Rivals, who is more discerning with their ratings, when they committed to Tulane. As for the offers at this point they are similar. Spears ultimate offers are better than what Mitchell has at this point.
Tulane 2024 Early Offer > 2019 5-7 Grayshirt Offer from Kansas State but I guess we should just not show up to play the Wildcats this year since they are such a huge Football Power :)
greenphantom
Swell

tpstulane wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2024 4:15 pm
winwave wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2024 3:11 pm

A few that we lost were Jesuit’s Foster Moreau to LSU and a LB from John Curtis Duke Riley that ended up in Purple and Gold.
Yes! Russell Gage too.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

greenphantom wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2024 4:55 pm
winwave wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2024 2:53 pm

Tulane 2024 Early Offer > 2019 5-7 Grayshirt Offer from Kansas State but I guess we should just not show up to play the Wildcats this year since they are such a huge Football Power :)
We were coming off a minor Bowl season then just like now. I know we all want to puff our chest off that Cotton Bowl season but that was just one magical season where everything fell into place. We didn't play anything like that team last year. Yes we won 11 games but the competition was down. KSU no matter the record is a P5 offer which means everything to these kids.