Article on Wave's Recruiting Class

Talk about the latest recruits here.
gbgreenie
Surge

https://www.nola.com/sports/tulane/arti ... 259fc.html

Interested on commentary on the following: Wondering what Coach Fritz and Long told Lucas during recruiting because he will compete against a talented backfield of Spears and Carroll. Lucas could end up in the transfer portal with the "I mentallity" versus we.
I took alot of flack about Kai Horton coming in competing as a freshman, I still believe he can, and maybe Long's philosophy is no job is secure. How else would Lucas come in with that attitude.
''I feel like I'm going to rush for 32 touchdowns and rush for maybe even 2,000 yards,'' he said. ''I've got big goals. I'm going to be that guy this year. I've got something to prove. I'm going to have a chip on my shoulder.''

billow
High Tide

Gbgreenie, Lucas is talking about what he may do his senior year in high school.
gbgreenie
Surge

billow wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 2:43 pm Gbgreenie, Lucas is talking about what he may do his senior year in high school.
True, but it still is the "I mentality" If he does what he says he won't set foot in Yulman Stadium.
Aegis
High Tide

gbgreenie wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 2:45 pm
billow wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 2:43 pm Gbgreenie, Lucas is talking about what he may do his senior year in high school.
True, but it still is the "I mentality" If he does what he says he won't set foot in Yulman Stadium.
I like his can do attitude. Rather him say what he thinks he’s capable of, than “ I hope I can contribute”.
Dave breslin
Swell

I’d rather a positive thinker as opposed to a booger eater with low self esteem. If he doesn’t live up to his hype than he’s toast. I agree about the “team” attitude but I still want someone who believes in themselves and the team