Ahmaad Moses decommits

Talk about the latest recruits here.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

HoustonWave wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 5:42 pm
gbgreenie wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 4:14 pm
HoustonWave wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 4:07 pm
Great questions Bicoastal. Where's Dannen on answering those questions? Those questions should have been addressed, and alums lined up, long ago. You can be sure that all these schools with alums already writing checks, had the coordination figured out months ago. Will Tulane try to coordinate alum support, or just keep hands off and let the alums organize themselves--but even that would require some support from Dannen. Last thing I heard was Tulane was putting together some programs to "educate" our athletes on how to optimize NIL--how about getting some alums to just write them some checks? I suspect that might answer most their questions about NIL. Leave it to Tulane to turn the obvious into a theoretical and intellectual discussion--anything that will help them avoid a little work or spending money on athletics.
Tulane is against a brick wall because most money people are national. In La. the game and support is LSU. The wave will receive minimal local support monetarily or other wise. I see no money for interviews or local endorsements.
I don't disagree. But the fact that our alum base is national, is just more reason why it will take a greater effort to determine which alums are willing to provide the financial support, and what phony NIL usage is needed to justify the payments. It doesn't matter whether Tulane players are featured in commercials televised in New Orleans, Portland, Maine, or anywhere else. The actual usage of NIL is irrelevant, it's just an excuse to pay players and entice recruits. But it all takes work, and Tulane athletics have been historically short when it comes to work ethic. If Dannen had spent the last five years building relationships with wealthy alums around the nation, we could be in really good shape to take advantage of the NIL free-for-all. But he didn't, so we aren't.
I think it’s entirely possible for us to get some wealthy houston, nyc, LA, & sf alums engaged. It only take one sugar daddy to make it happen

billow
High Tide

Hello David Filo ?
Profoundwizard
Swell

capwave wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 8:18 pm
Bigschtick wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 10:59 am
glennc wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 6:39 pm We had several commits in last 2 weeks and still not a peep out of POS Geurry smith.

Hilarious! I just cancelled my subscription to his "great website" because he offers nothing!
Smith didn’t even know that Aldrich had been drafted

MicMan
Swell

OK, a major miss. How does the TU beat guy not know that?
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

billow wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 6:26 pm Hello David Filo ?
And there are many many others. Our houston and nyc alums do very very well with cash to burn from oil & gas and finance.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Bicoastalwave wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 10:51 pm
billow wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 6:26 pm Hello David Filo ?
And there are many many others. Our houston and nyc alums do very very well with cash to burn from oil & gas and finance.
I see many Tulane athletes doin' mattress commercials
Last edited by golfnut69 on Mon Jul 19, 2021 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Dave breslin
Swell

Can goldring sell his booze with our players? That could be a boost for recruiting. Of course we’ll end up with drunk players and look like CJs team
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Filo gave $30 million and some supposed insiders had fans believing it was coming to athletics. It all went to the academic side. The few true big money people Tulane has just aren't interested in sports. As I've said before the only chance to reel them in would be at least back to back top 25 finishes in the polls. It would likely take more than that. It would take finishing in the top 25 one year and then follow up with a top 10 finish and a win in the NY6 Bowl. The President would have to help the AD get them in at that point by making it clear that good athletics helps the academic side. Step up against this years schedule and we can certainly finish in the top 25. Then you'd have Pratt coming back as a junior and a real shot at getting that NY6 spot. Then we'd find out. For now though our NIL hopes are very dim.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Bicoastalwave
Riptide

winwave wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 8:56 am Filo gave $30 million and some supposed insiders had fans believing it was coming to athletics. It all went to the academic side. The few true big money people Tulane has just aren't interested in sports. As I've said before the only chance to reel them in would be at least back to back top 25 finishes in the polls. It would likely take more than that. It would take finishing in the top 25 one year and then follow up with a top 10 finish and a win in the NY6 Bowl. The President would have to help the AD get them in at that point by making it clear that good athletics helps the academic side. Step up against this years schedule and we can certainly finish in the top 25. Then you'd have Pratt coming back as a junior and a real shot at getting that NY6 spot. Then we'd find out. For now though our NIL hopes are very dim.
Well I guess we can agree that breaking through and winning is the solution. Roll wave
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Bicoastalwave wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 9:57 am
winwave wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 8:56 am Filo gave $30 million and some supposed insiders had fans believing it was coming to athletics. It all went to the academic side. The few true big money people Tulane has just aren't interested in sports. As I've said before the only chance to reel them in would be at least back to back top 25 finishes in the polls. It would likely take more than that. It would take finishing in the top 25 one year and then follow up with a top 10 finish and a win in the NY6 Bowl. The President would have to help the AD get them in at that point by making it clear that good athletics helps the academic side. Step up against this years schedule and we can certainly finish in the top 25. Then you'd have Pratt coming back as a junior and a real shot at getting that NY6 spot. Then we'd find out. For now though our NIL hopes are very dim.
Well I guess we can agree that breaking through and winning is the solution. Roll wave
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

And whenever that next break through year comes (e.g. 1973, 1979, 1998), maybe our university leadership will, for the first time, have some idea about how to take advantage of it. Just hoping.
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
nawlinspete
Riptide

The 'cone of athletic silence' must be broken or all the dominoes will fall .
President Fitts , B of A , it's put up or forever hold your peace time . Make Tulane ATHLETICS relevant and top 30 again .
wave97
Swell

[
The clown show continues
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

nawlinspete wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 7:48 am The 'cone of athletic silence' must be broken or all the dominoes will fall .
there is NO "cone of silence"...Tulane does not have any intelligent thing to say...so rather than be thought a dumb azz, they chose to keep silent and not prove it
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Aberzombie1892
Swell

There is nothing really to say. Given Fritz’s record and Tulane’s history, Fritz has earned another season at head coach (as unfortunate as that may or may not be), and, if that’s true, what is there to say? There is not point firing staff now because there is not enough time to fix the problem in a manner that would salvage a bowl invite for Tulane.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican

Aberzombie1892 wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 8:47 am There is nothing really to say. Given Fritz’s record and Tulane’s history, Fritz has earned another season at head coach (as unfortunate as that may or may not be), and, if that’s true, what is there to say? There is not point firing staff now because there is not enough time to fix the problem in a manner that would salvage a bowl invite for Tulane.
the upside to Staff changes now, early signing period
Aberzombie1892
Swell

golfnut69 wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 9:03 am
Aberzombie1892 wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 8:47 am There is nothing really to say. Given Fritz’s record and Tulane’s history, Fritz has earned another season at head coach (as unfortunate as that may or may not be), and, if that’s true, what is there to say? There is not point firing staff now because there is not enough time to fix the problem in a manner that would salvage a bowl invite for Tulane.
the upside to Staff changes now, early signing period
That’s a double edged sword as some commits who believe that they will play under certain position coaches would decommit.
MicMan
Swell

Is there a transfer portal for coaches?
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Even if there were no one would want ours.
HoustonWave
Tsunami

golfnut69 wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 8:37 am
nawlinspete wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 7:48 am The 'cone of athletic silence' must be broken or all the dominoes will fall .
there is NO "cone of silence"...Tulane does not have any intelligent thing to say...so rather than be thought a dumb azz, they chose to keep silent and not prove it
Exactly. It's not a "Cone of Silence", it's a "Cone of Stupidity".
Tulane is the University of Louisiana
winwave
Top of the WAVE

He will be GIVEN another year. But very clearly he has not EARNED another year.
Aberzombie1892
Swell

winwave wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:57 pm
He will be GIVEN another year. But very clearly he has not EARNED another year.
Considering how many Tulane coaches have gotten the team bowl eligible three years in row (1), he’s earned a down year if any modern Tulane coach has. If he starts 2022 with less than a 3-1 record (assuming the season starts with the 4 out of conference games), then it would be the time to make a change.
winwave
Top of the WAVE

No other coach coached at Tulane when 78 teams make a Bowl game. We should be in a Bowl every year in that situation. He's done nothing to earn another year based on this season's performance. 0-8 against FBS is pathetic. He's grossly overpaid for what he's done here. The time is now.
MicMan
Swell

Most schools won't tolerate a 7 win coach much less a guy stuck on 6 wins. A terrible message sent by Fitts and Dannen to whatever is left of Tulane's evaporating fan base.