Willie Fritz on the SportsZone

The main discussion board for everything Tulane athletics related.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

with Ed Daniels last night.
Hopefully Ed puts up a link. WF was in studio and it lasted about 12 mins. A lot of subjects covered.

Be proactive, being reactive is for losers..
Tulane Class of 1981
DfromCT
Wild Pelican

Did Ed say anything nice about Tulane?
" If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day.." Jimmy V
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

DfromCT wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 2:48 pm Did Ed say anything nice about Tulane?
Yes. It really was a positive and inspiring piece. Makes one look forward to the season. I wish there was an online link to the entire segment but I can’t find one. Talked about the NIL, portal, schedule, new offense, new coordinators, full capacity home opener. Michael Pratt. Just a lot of stuff.
Can’t help but like Willie Fritz.
Tulane Class of 1981
Dave breslin
Swell

Ed has always been truthful about our good and bad points. At least it seems to me that he’s been straight with his editorials
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Dave breslin wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 7:38 pm Ed has always been truthful about our good and bad points. At least it seems to me that he’s been straight with his editorials
Yes. No doubt
Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Dave breslin wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 7:38 pm Ed has always been truthful about our good and bad points. At least it seems to me that he’s been straight with his editorials
Yep. He's the only one who has called out Tulane for its athletic failures. if the rest of the local media had done the same things could have been different. Instead they were glad Tulane descended to the depths they have so as not to threaten LSU in any way.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Tulane Class of 1981
winwave
Top of the WAVE

Thanks for the link.
BAYWAVE&Sophandros are SPINELESS COWARDS
YOU NEED LEVERAGE TO BE PROACTIVE!
Small time facilities for small time programs
6-4-23:Now all of the mistakes Tulane has made finally catches up with them as they descend to CUSAAC.
Wave755
Tsunami

My Cox Cable guide shows for WGNO 38 (Cox 11) @ 10:30 p.m. “New Orleans Playlist”? Hopefully just a programming guide error, so I have scheduled the time anyway.
Bigschtick
Riptide

Fritz always sounds so hoarse. I wonder whats he sounds like after a game. I did not understand every word in that short segment. I am with Winwave and Dave Breslin on Ed Daniels. His comments about Tulane athletics have been mostly quite accurate.
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE

Wave755 wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 12:06 pm My Cox Cable guide shows for WGNO 38 (Cox 11) @ 10:30 p.m. “New Orleans Playlist”? Hopefully just a programming guide error, so I have scheduled the time anyway.
Unfortunately it played on Friday night. I set my DVR for that show. I just watched it. Willie is even more hoarse than ever. I’ll do the best I can to describe what he spoke of. He talked about “Lets talk football” and he and Ed discussed a $20:$25 cost and it would it be worth going. Cash bar but hors d’oeuvres included. He also said they are returning I believe 14 or 15 kids that started at least one game on each side of the line. He is a little worried about the kicking game with two new kids there. He discussed the new coaching staff and how they simplified the offense and mentioned that all of the quarterbacks are healthy finally.
Oh yea. The best OL he’s ever had.
Tulane Class of 1981
Bigschtick
Riptide

Thanks tpsTulane!
Speak softly but carry a bigschtick! In Sumrall We Trust!