Arch Manning

Talk about the latest recruits here.
Pepper
Swell
Posts: 1174
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:38 pm
Status: Offline

Stats are for losers.

Bottom line, schools like Texas and A&M did not recruit Horton. They obviously felt the QB's on their rosters and those they recruited were viewed as better. Hopefully the young man is a late bloomer and contributes to us before he graduates.

Manning does get extra pub because of his last name but there are plenty of sons of QB's not getting the ratings. Obviously, the schools and recruiting services think this kid can play and play right away.


"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican
Posts: 12553
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:38 am
Status: Offline

at one time Tulane had a QB with a name...his last name was Montana, just like the State....
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
Greeniegb
High Tide
Posts: 350
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:37 am
Status: Offline

Pepper wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 3:02 pm Stats are for losers.

Bottom line, schools like Texas and A&M did not recruit Horton. They obviously felt the QB's on their rosters and those they recruited were viewed as better. Hopefully the young man is a late bloomer and contributes to us before he graduates.

Manning does get extra pub because of his last name but there are plenty of sons of QB's not getting the ratings. Obviously, the schools and recruiting services think this kid can play and play right away.
See if you guys follow recruiting before being negative, Clemson looked at Horton along with Colorado, Texas Tech, Baylor and Houston, but he already committed to Tulane. Another QB Tulane recruited signed with Houston but Horton was rated higher.

https://sicem365.com/players/11686/kai-horton
https://clemsonsportstalk.com/players/11589/kai-horton

https://247sports.com/Recruitment/Kai-H ... Interests/

Check out this Week in Recruiting for the latest in TXHSFB recruiting news. This week we shine the spotlight on a trio of new Texas Tech commits, Carthage QB Kai Horton, Conroe Oak Ridge RB Alton McCaskill, and Spearman ATH Brenen Thompson.
[/b]
Prospect on the Rise
Carthage 2021 QB Kai Horton (6'4, 215) picked up his first scholarship offer from SFA.
Horton is also receiving interest from schools like Louisiana Tech, Memphis, and Wyoming.
Horton was named the East Texas Newcomer of the Year after passing 3,746 and 49 touchdowns in 2019. He helped the Bulldogs to a 16-0 record and a state title.


Will have a 3 Way QB battle this spring with a new Offensive Coordinator he will want to have a legit battle so that they can push each other hard. Pratt, Horton and Ibieta are legit starting QB.s and will battle for the top spot. Pratt is not a shoe in. "Competition rises the tide of all." Word had to get out on Horton for Clemson to even looked at him.
Last edited by Greeniegb on Wed Feb 16, 2022 8:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
torbida
Surge
Posts: 515
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:10 pm
Status: Offline

tpstulane wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 6:52 am Good read
What if Arch Manning had a different last name?
https://theathletic.com/3129679/2022/02 ... ed_article
Arch Horton
Greeniegb
High Tide
Posts: 350
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:37 am
Status: Offline

torbida wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 7:42 pm
tpstulane wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 6:52 am Good read
What if Arch Manning had a different last name?
https://theathletic.com/3129679/2022/02 ... ed_article
Arch Horton ;)
Pepper
Swell
Posts: 1174
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:38 pm
Status: Offline

Greeniegb wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 6:44 pm
Pepper wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 3:02 pm Stats are for losers.

Bottom line, schools like Texas and A&M did not recruit Horton. They obviously felt the QB's on their rosters and those they recruited were viewed as better. Hopefully the young man is a late bloomer and contributes to us before he graduates.

Manning does get extra pub because of his last name but there are plenty of sons of QB's not getting the ratings. Obviously, the schools and recruiting services think this kid can play and play right away.
See if you guys follow recruiting before being negative, Clemson looked at Horton along with Colorado, Texas Tech, Baylor and Houston, but he already committed to Tulane. Another QB Tulane recruited signed with Houston but Horton was rated higher.

https://sicem365.com/players/11686/kai-horton
https://clemsonsportstalk.com/players/11589/kai-horton

https://247sports.com/Recruitment/Kai-H ... Interests/

Check out this Week in Recruiting for the latest in TXHSFB recruiting news. This week we shine the spotlight on a trio of new Texas Tech commits, Carthage QB Kai Horton, Conroe Oak Ridge RB Alton McCaskill, and Spearman ATH Brenen Thompson.
[/b]
Prospect on the Rise
Carthage 2021 QB Kai Horton (6'4, 215) picked up his first scholarship offer from SFA.
Horton is also receiving interest from schools like Louisiana Tech, Memphis, and Wyoming.
Horton was named the East Texas Newcomer of the Year after passing 3,746 and 49 touchdowns in 2019. He helped the Bulldogs to a 16-0 record and a state title.


Will have a 3 Way QB battle this spring with a new Offensive Coordinator he will want to have a legit battle so that they can push each other hard. Pratt, Horton and Ibieta are legit starting QB.s and will battle for the top spot. Pratt is not a shoe in. "Competition rises the tide of all." Word had to get out on Horton for Clemson to even looked at him.
A school looking at a player is not the same as a school offering him Mrs Horton.
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
golfnut69
Wild Pelican
Posts: 12553
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:38 am
Status: Offline

with all this, I am surprised he has not changed his name to "THE ARCH"..the next green jersey he may wear will either be Michigan State, or Southeastern.. after signing, he can ink an NIL with McDonalds
Last edited by golfnut69 on Thu Feb 17, 2022 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
swampnik
Surge
Posts: 815
Joined: Wed May 25, 2011 4:28 am
Location: Paris, France et NOLA
Status: Offline

golfnut69 wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 3:59 pm at one time Tulane had a QB with a name...his last name was Montana, just like the State....
and we had a Pepetone and DiMaggio on the baseball roster.
nic, nic, nic, swamp!
-Jack N. (Easy Rider)
User avatar
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 22703
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981
BC Wave
Surge
Posts: 844
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:40 pm
Status: Offline

swampnik wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 9:32 am
golfnut69 wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 3:59 pm at one time Tulane had a QB with a name...his last name was Montana, just like the State....
and we had a Pepetone and DiMaggio on the baseball roster.
Lest we forget Eddie Price, Jr..
winwave
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 20893
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

tpstulane wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 9:39 pm He’s enjoying HS
https://crescentcitysports.com/arch-man ... 2mXDH7KCkM
Thanks for the link. Good people all of them. I hope it works out well for him.
Small time facilities for small time programs.
Greeniegb
High Tide
Posts: 350
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:37 am
Status: Offline

Image
User avatar
Show Me
Riptide
Posts: 4396
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:24 pm
Location: Saint Bernard
Status: Offline

Greeniegb wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 4:14 pmImage
Where’s your image?
User avatar
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 22703
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

Excellent story here if you subscribe
https://theathletic.com/3252703/2022/05 ... ign=601983
Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981
DfromCT
Wild Pelican
Posts: 11049
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:50 pm
Location: Stamford, CT
Status: Offline

RobertM320 wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:57 pm
gbgreenie wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 4:58 pm
GreenLantern wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 2:39 pm

If only Peyton and Eli could have played in a better HS classification they could have made something of themselves.
Then don't hold that against Kai Horton, two Texas State Championship, tired of hearing Horton did not play at the highest classification in Texas. Try comparing Manning apples to apples. If Manning had a different name would he be rated so high, not comparing stats he wouldn't Horton career 83 Touchdown passes with only 8 interceptions.

Side by side take away names Manning QBX Horton QBY who would you recruit???

Arch Mannings career stats:
ATT: 515
Completions: 340
Yards: 4360
Touchdowns: 55
Interceptions: 13


Kai Horton Career stats:
ATT: 670
Completions: 423
Yards: 6665
Touchdowns: 83
Interceptions: 8
You do realize those stats for Kai Horton are irrelevant now, right? He's got THESE actual COLLEGE stats to be judged on.

Horton, Kai
7-18-3 38.9%
Yds 79
TDs 0
QBR 42.42


As of right now, not impressed.
If Ach enrolled today, he'd be ahead of Kai Horton on the depth chart immediately, not because of his name, because he's much more talented. This is his third year out of HS and Kai Horton is still third string. Arch would be our starter as a Freshman. And the poster above is dead on accurate: what you did in HS is meaningless when you're going into your Junior year of college. And he's done absolutely nothing to hint at being the talent you've convinced yourself he is. Maybe he's a late bloomer. Maybe he rides pine for 4 years and fights for a job his RS Senior season.
" For every alum, no matter where they are...I want a football coach that's going to make Saturday something you anticipate and look forward to." --Troy Dannen

Thank you all for your support as my son Zach continues to beat leukemia
Greeniegb
High Tide
Posts: 350
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:37 am
Status: Offline

DfromCT wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 12:40 pm
RobertM320 wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:57 pm
gbgreenie wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 4:58 pm

Then don't hold that against Kai Horton, two Texas State Championship, tired of hearing Horton did not play at the highest classification in Texas. Try comparing Manning apples to apples. If Manning had a different name would he be rated so high, not comparing stats he wouldn't Horton career 83 Touchdown passes with only 8 interceptions.

Side by side take away names Manning QBX Horton QBY who would you recruit???

Arch Mannings career stats:
ATT: 515
Completions: 340
Yards: 4360
Touchdowns: 55
Interceptions: 13


Kai Horton Career stats:
ATT: 670
Completions: 423
Yards: 6665
Touchdowns: 83
Interceptions: 8
You do realize those stats for Kai Horton are irrelevant now, right? He's got THESE actual COLLEGE stats to be judged on.

Horton, Kai
7-18-3 38.9%
Yds 79
TDs 0
QBR 42.42


As of right now, not impressed.
If Ach enrolled today, he'd be ahead of Kai Horton on the depth chart immediately, not because of his name, because he's much more talented. This is his third year out of HS and Kai Horton is still third string. Arch would be our starter as a Freshman. And the poster above is dead on accurate: what you did in HS is meaningless when you're going into your Junior year of college. And he's done absolutely nothing to hint at being the talent you've convinced yourself he is. Maybe he's a late bloomer. Maybe he rides pine for 4 years and fights for a job his RS Senior season.
Try the Spring game stats 2 touchdown passes for Horton with 0 interce;ptions his team beat P:ratts 0 Touchdown passes and 1 interception right to the defensive back.
He learned how to spot receivers and not hold on to the ball like Pratt!!!

--Also quit lying to make your invalid point this is Horton's 2nd year out of high school, he would have redshirted last year but got thrown to the wolves because of Pratt getting hurt by his run or pass indecisiveness.
DfromCT
Wild Pelican
Posts: 11049
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:50 pm
Location: Stamford, CT
Status: Offline

Greeniegb wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 1:54 pm
--Also quit lying to make your invalid point this is Horton's 2nd year out of high school, he would have redshirted last year but got thrown to the wolves because of Pratt getting hurt by his run or pass indecisiveness.
I'm sorry for my mistake. I didn't intentionally lie as you suggest, it's just that the Kai Horton broken record has been playing for so long it seems like more than one year.
" For every alum, no matter where they are...I want a football coach that's going to make Saturday something you anticipate and look forward to." --Troy Dannen

Thank you all for your support as my son Zach continues to beat leukemia
Pepper
Swell
Posts: 1174
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:38 pm
Status: Offline

Greeniegb wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 1:54 pm
DfromCT wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 12:40 pm
RobertM320 wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:57 pm

You do realize those stats for Kai Horton are irrelevant now, right? He's got THESE actual COLLEGE stats to be judged on.

Horton, Kai
7-18-3 38.9%
Yds 79
TDs 0
QBR 42.42


As of right now, not impressed.
If Ach enrolled today, he'd be ahead of Kai Horton on the depth chart immediately, not because of his name, because he's much more talented. This is his third year out of HS and Kai Horton is still third string. Arch would be our starter as a Freshman. And the poster above is dead on accurate: what you did in HS is meaningless when you're going into your Junior year of college. And he's done absolutely nothing to hint at being the talent you've convinced yourself he is. Maybe he's a late bloomer. Maybe he rides pine for 4 years and fights for a job his RS Senior season.
Try the Spring game stats 2 touchdown passes for Horton with 0 interce;ptions his team beat P:ratts 0 Touchdown passes and 1 interception right to the defensive back.
He learned how to spot receivers and not hold on to the ball like Pratt!!!

--Also quit lying to make your invalid point this is Horton's 2nd year out of high school, he would have redshirted last year but got thrown to the wolves because of Pratt getting hurt by his run or pass indecisiveness.
You do realize Pratt was going against the 1st team defense but I'm sure Kai will be the starter when the season starts, we will win 12 games and he will win the heisman.
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
Greeniegb
High Tide
Posts: 350
Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:37 am
Status: Offline

Pepper wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 6:11 am
Greeniegb wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 1:54 pm
DfromCT wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 12:40 pm

If Ach enrolled today, he'd be ahead of Kai Horton on the depth chart immediately, not because of his name, because he's much more talented. This is his third year out of HS and Kai Horton is still third string. Arch would be our starter as a Freshman. And the poster above is dead on accurate: what you did in HS is meaningless when you're going into your Junior year of college. And he's done absolutely nothing to hint at being the talent you've convinced yourself he is. Maybe he's a late bloomer. Maybe he rides pine for 4 years and fights for a job his RS Senior season.
Try the Spring game stats 2 touchdown passes for Horton with 0 interce;ptions his team beat P:ratts 0 Touchdown passes and 1 interception right to the defensive back.
He learned how to spot receivers and not hold on to the ball like Pratt!!!

--Also quit lying to make your invalid point this is Horton's 2nd year out of high school, he would have redshirted last year but got thrown to the wolves because of Pratt getting hurt by his run or pass indecisiveness.
You do realize Pratt was going against the 1st team defense but I'm sure Kai will be the starter when the season starts, we will win 12 games and he will win the heisman.
Once again Pratt was not going against the lst team defense I was at the game and both squads were a mixture of starters and backup. There was no lst team offense or defense for the game, get that clear. No lst team offense or defense has been designated as of today as the new coaches chose to divide the teams as evenly as they could.


Nick Saban has backed off of Arch Manning and is going for a different QB
User avatar
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 22703
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

Apparently Tulane was in the runoff for Randall TE at Newman
https://theathletic.com/3376527/2022/06 ... ed_article
At Newman, Randle plays tight end, H-back, edge rusher and on every phase of special teams. “He’s the best total player we’ve ever had,” Stewart said. Stewart credited Sarkisian, Milwee and tight ends and special teams coach Jeff Banks for their work recruiting Randle, who also considered Virginia, Alabama, Tulane
Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981
User avatar
tpstulane
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 22703
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:56 pm
Status: Offline

Stadiums get old, winning never does.
Tulane Class of 1981
golfnut69
Wild Pelican
Posts: 12553
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:38 am
Status: Offline

tpstulane wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 11:29 am
best of luck to the young man
Be a Hero Today.... Adopt a Shelter Pet... The Beatles once sang "Can't Buy Me Love"... I disagree, unconditional Love can be bought, for the nominal adoption fee at your local Pet Shelter !
winwave
Top of the WAVE
Posts: 20893
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:34 am
Status: Offline

That means UT and OU will be moving out to the SEC before 2025. You'd have to think they'll be there for the 2023 season based on this.
Small time facilities for small time programs.
Pepper
Swell
Posts: 1174
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:38 pm
Status: Offline

Congrats to the young man. I really thought Texas would have thrown a boat load of cash at our Texan QB to transfer instead of going after a guy who plays in a weak classification. SMH!!
"Purple & Gold? You look ridiculous!"-Johnny Be Good.
torbida
Surge
Posts: 515
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:10 pm
Status: Offline

Wonder how things are in Oxford, weeping and gnashing of teeth?
Post Reply